"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #2441
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Stacy I admire how you, and your son are handling this. The baby IS the innocent party and from what you say in your two posts I almost hope it is your son's because it sounds like the child will have half a chance! I am praying for all of you.
Thank you, that means a lot to me. I am blessed to have been raised into a very loving family. I will never turn my back on blood.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #2442
Chef Extraordinaire

good for u stacy. you will be a super grandma if it comes to that. give son a pat on the back for stepping up.

these young people don't seem to know that a baby is at least an 18 year commitment. sign of the times i guess.

best wishes,
babe

Old 05-25-2008, 02:33 AM   #2443
Chef Extraordinaire

You all know how crazy I am about my grandkids..Well I love all kids, but some parents really tick me off..We went to Toy's r us to get Ethans scooter for his birthday tomorrow..Over the intercom..Little Bobby is having a Birthday say happy birthday as he goes by..I start out of the aisle I'm in and little Bobby runs smack into me knocking me down on the bike he is riding all over the store...Yep all over going so fast he hasn't time to think about stopping..Needless to say that 's gonna leave marks!!! I get myself up, and go to where they have saftey head gear avoiding little Bobby who has now decide riding in circle in this area is fun Ha Ha..There I have to jump out of the way of 4 teens who have decided to try out all the different skate boards..Yippee..One young girl tells me ever so nicely to get the hell out of the way!!! Know what? I pushed the cart up to an empty check out and tell the clerk, I'm going to Target..Oh and little Bobby's mommy, tells me that I shouldn't have told her baby to watch where he was going I hurt his feelings..Aren't I a meanie? Now to take some Ibuprofin and climb into bed...
kadesma
Old 05-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #2444
Master Chef

IF ONLY I HAD BEEN THERE!!
I don't understand why people have stopped disciplining their kids. They are children for heavens sake. Teach them to be freaking human!!! All they are anymore are BRATS!!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #2445
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I agree Stacy!

Kades..I hope you're feeling better today. Those kids should be slapped!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #2446
Master Chef

I used to "pull regular playground duty" at MacDonald's when my children were growing up and some were trying to push their ways on the slide I guess the teacher voice and the "look" kept the moms of their angels from correcting me. Even today I don't hesitate to stop other children from engaging in unsafe play----better that than their parents getting sued......I just love the kids that are allowed to push the carts up the back of your legs----they really get the frightening "dagger eyes". Of course the topic of misbehavior in restaurants has already been covered
Old 05-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #2447
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I'm sorry, but, I just had some info comfirmed, I said I didn't want to say anything until I knew more. Well, there is a VERY good chance that I will be a Grandma in December.
Unfortunately, the mamma will be the cheating girlfriend of my youngest son. She is still with the best friend she cheated on him with too. I will say, that no matter who the mamma is, if the DNA shows my boy to be the dad, I don't care who the mamma is. The baby is innocent of any wrong doings and will treated just as it is, MY grandbaby. I'm waiting to here from her on myspace. Right now, until that test is made, it will be the boyfriends in my mind and my son is not going to take responsibility, due to legal reasons. The due date is December 10. If test shows him as the dad, that baby will be spoiled to death, I can say that!!!
Stacy, if it is your grandchild, that will be a very lucky child! You are such a lovely and caring person and I really admire your poise in this situation. It must be hard not knowing for sure (for both you and your son), but ya'll are keeping your thoughts on what's important - a new life coming into the world under less than optimum circumstances. Thank heavens for this child that you're one of the interested parties - so many babies are born that don't have anyone ready to welcome them! A big pat on the back for you, girlfriend!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #2448
Master Chef

You guys are making me blush
That is just the way I feel. Now at first, I wanted to cry.
We will see how it turns out in December. I half would love for it to be mine
It would will have the grandmother that my boys never had, that's for sure!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #2449
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
IF ONLY I HAD BEEN THERE!!
I don't understand why people have stopped disciplining their kids. They are children for heavens sake. Teach them to be freaking human!!! All they are anymore are BRATS!!
I can't even go there, being from the old country my views are at least a 2 generations back, so to me this kind of behavior is absolutely unacceptable, I get so mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #2450
Master Chef

I have seen it all, I worked up front at a large discount store for 23 years as a supervisor. I have seen both sides, were a parent was out of control and were the children were unbelieveably spoiled. I once saw a little girl of about 4, slap her dad hard right across the face. He just smiled and stood there. I once saw a man drag a little boy of about 7 out the door by his hair. We called the police on him. I thank God every day that I am retired from that job. It still upsets me.

Closed Thread