"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #2531
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I recalled this venting thread and I need to! I'm going to sound like a country and western song here, but we put our dog to sleep on May 12 because of cancer, and my husband (age 37) wants a divorce because he is now with a 20 year old girl. He just moved out today to an apartment with her. It's been a lovely several months for me. We are not even divorced, so imagine my mind set right now and for the past several months. I dont know how I've survived. I dont work, he does, and he wont pay for anything. What a guy huh?

My sister is here visiting me for moral support, and I'll get strong again and figure out what to do about it all. Thanks for listening.
Oh, Amber, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. No, you don't sound like a country and western song, you sound like a strong woman who has just been dealt one blow after the other. My heart and prayers go out to you. Vent all you want here. I have found out from recent experience that there are a lot of wonderful people here to support you.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 05-31-2008, 10:45 PM   #2532
Chef Extraordinaire

wow, that sucks, ambuh.

get a lawyer, asap.

something tells me the greater loss is your dog.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #2533
Master Chef

Dear Amber,

That took a lot of courage on your part.........I'm so sorry to hear.......and no you don't sound like a country and western song.......I know that there are a lot of people on here who will sympathize with you.......cheating spouses are everywhere no matter what countries......you should be where I live.---too political and i"ll be chastized so I won't go there....please hang in there and do as buckytom suggests if you can afford it and get a good lawyer......it's worth it esp. if y'all have any assets at all.....we're here for you........
Old 06-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #2534
Chef Extraordinaire

Amber, I'm so sorry all this is happening to you..Life can be so cruel at times, it makes you feel as if you can never be happy..Believe me sweetie, even though you won't agree right now, you are better off. I don't understand someone who supposedly loved you can be such a putz...Listen to Buckytom get a lawyer..a good one..Mr is going to have to fork over or else..Wages can be attached!!Half of everything is yours!!! Oh my 20 something,sound great does it not? Well, 30 is just
around the corner, wrinkles and saddlebags too...Won't it be fun for her when he goes through male menopause? Woo Hoo..Look what she has to look forward to..You just lucked out of it..I don't mean to be flip, I know you are deeply hurt and I would be as well. Just remember,all of us care for and about you..Use us to yell at,cry, bite our ankle and lean on and we will support you all we can.. Chin up, you are special we can see that.
hugs to you,
kadesma
Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #2535
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I recalled this venting thread and I need to! I'm going to sound like a country and western song here, but we put our dog to sleep on May 12 because of cancer, and my husband (age 37) wants a divorce because he is now with a 20 year old girl. He just moved out today to an apartment with her. It's been a lovely several months for me. We are not even divorced, so imagine my mind set right now and for the past several months. I dont know how I've survived. I dont work, he does, and he wont pay for anything. What a guy huh?

My sister is here visiting me for moral support, and I'll get strong again and figure out what to do about it all. Thanks for listening.
Amber, my deepest sympathies on having to put your dog down.
hugs,
LadyCook.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #2536
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Amber that's horrible. I'm so sorry about your dog. It's tough I know.
About the soon to be ex... you're better off !
Old 06-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #2537
Master Chef

Oh wow, jeez, Amber!! I'm soo sorry about your dog!! The husband, that is hard one! What a CREEP!! Do at BT says, get a lawyer, QUICK!! Find one that takes cases on win situations, sorry, can't remember the word for it. This is your husbands fault, make him pay for it!!! You'll win this one. Kick him where it hurts girl!! All the luck and good wishes to you!!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #2538
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hope things get better soon. Good thoughts to you.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #2539
Certified Cake Maniac

I thought I would post this as an addendum to the vent on my "outraged non-client" call yesterday. About 9 o'clock last night I got a call from the owner of the other catering company who had the contract. I guess she told him about the call (and had the nerve to say that it was ME who was rude to HER). He wanted to apologize and thought I might be interested in why he didn't deliver the food....she had given him the wrong address and her phone was busy (probably phoning every caterer in town looking for her food).

I think it might be safe to say this woman will find it difficult to get anything catered in the future!!!!

I feel MUCH better now.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #2540
Master Chef

yep, cross her off your list of clients do deal with.......some people you can NEVER satisfy