"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #2561
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I recalled this venting thread and I need to! I'm going to sound like a country and western song here, but we put our dog to sleep on May 12 because of cancer, and my husband (age 37) wants a divorce because he is now with a 20 year old girl. He just moved out today to an apartment with her. It's been a lovely several months for me. We are not even divorced, so imagine my mind set right now and for the past several months. I dont know how I've survived. I dont work, he does, and he wont pay for anything. What a guy huh?

My sister is here visiting me for moral support, and I'll get strong again and figure out what to do about it all. Thanks for listening.
Amber, I am so sorry to hear of all the awful things that are happening in your life right now. First, I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog. Second, even if your hubby has been/is a jerk, he's the person you loved enough to marry so it's a huge loss. Most of us plan when we marry to spend the rest of our lives with our spouse and shape our lives around that. When one suddenly leaves, it's devastating and forces us to rethink our whole lives. Plus, there's often a deep feeling of failure. I know your heart is broken and I really feel for you. Cry when you need to and lean on your friends for support. (This is a great place to go for support.)

The advice about a lawyer is good advice to help you get through the immediate financial restructuring. Also, I don't know anything about your educational or work background but you may need some training or classes to help with re-entering the workforce. Your state will probably have some sort of a centralized job database and often they offer training and classes as part of their services. Even though you're feeling numb right now, going through the steps to going to work might help you get through this one day at a time.

Don't feel ashamed or embarrassed about posting here - you are part of this community and we take care of each other. So keep us up on how things are going.

Terry

Old 06-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #2562
Executive Chef

Hey Amber! When I had a problem with a bad boyfriend my brother used to say " So where doe's he live? Do you you want me to go over there and kick his A##? I bet we could get Uncle Bob to round up his many braves and along with the DC posse go see him and do a little rearranging to your BH.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #2563
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
LOL jpm I am just picturing this odd posse led by Clark Gable amd Homer Simpson.........
Old 06-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #2564
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
LOL jpm I am just picturing this odd posse led by Clark Gable amd Homer Simpson.........
He better look out now!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #2565
Executive Chef

amber

I came on this area 'venting' as I wanted to spout off 'again'. Reading your comments really made me forget what I wanted to ask about. I am truly sorry for your time that you are having right now.

Reading this only reminds me of the pain I experienced 'way back when'. So grateful it is over but the man wants to come back! After he ruined my life, then he thinks about what he did. Losing your dog, in my opinion, is harder than your husband. I lost my best friend and support when I went through divorce, my mother passed away. Saying, rains it pours, sure does. Supposed to make us strong and build character? Maybe. I know most people who suffer the most, seem to be the strongest.

If he has young girl, give it time. Something new always is great. She will not have the understanding and love that you do. You always have been so understanding it hurts me to read this. Having your parents and family for support is a blessing. Important thing now is to look for positives in your life. You are not alone in something like this. Writing on this forum is truly healing, has always been for me. So many many people are on the tv and radio giving advice about this problem.

I could write on and on about this, but please be sure I am thinking and most of all praying for you to be strong and have courage and divine inner strength. I know you believe in prayer cause you have written about things that show you do. Trust and lean on Him. May sound cliche to some but I have gotten much closer since my divorce. Maybe that is why I had to go through what I did. (I believe I open myself too much on this site and people have tendency to not understand. But for someone who is in pain, I will do whatever I possibly can to help, regardless of critical comments)

Just do not get down on yourself. When you have people around who love and care about you, you must be important to them. I am only thankful you said you have family. Take care and treat yourself as good as you can. It is not the end of the world. Please keep in touch, amber.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #2566
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I can see them now racing over there on their shetland ponies brandishing their rubber swords and paper mache guns.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #2567
Certified Cake Maniac

This really isn't a full vent, but rather a disappointment. The doctor's appointment that I have been waiting for with the surgeon regarding my knee was postponed because he had an emorgency surgery. But since the appointment was supposed to be six months from now and the receptionist got me in on a cancellation (because my paperwork got lost in the shuffle), I can't complain too much that it isn't until next week. It is just that you get yourself in the mindset for something and it doesn't happen. But I am sure the person that needed the surgery was in worse shape than me.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #2568
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Don't usually have anything to vent about, but today was an "eventful" day. Not in a good way.

I was down at our shop working on a customer's job. Making custom bumpers for a cradle that is probably 100+-years-old. Sailing away just fine. Got all the fabric cut to specs, cut the foam to the right dimensions, same for the poly batting to wrap the foam in. As I was cutting the last 2 parts of the "foundation" for the cradle base, my hand slipped with the rotary cutter.

In a flash, the thumb-side of my left index finger was sliced off. Cleanly. I'd just put a new blade in the rotary cutter.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Blood everywhere. Not on the fabric, thank heavens.

Tied up my finger and cleaned up the cutting table.

Still bleeding a bit from time to time and I'm sure it's going to take a long while to heal. At least it was my left hand.

Before anyone says, "Go to the doc." No real reason to. I just have to keep the wound clean and bandaged. Clean cut that has to run its course.

Maybe I can milk this one for some extra help/stuff from Buck.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #2569
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Don't usually have anything to vent about, but today was an "eventful" day. Not in a good way.

I was down at our shop working on a customer's job. Making custom bumpers for a cradle that is probably 100+-years-old. Sailing away just fine. Got all the fabric cut to specs, cut the foam to the right dimensions, same for the poly batting to wrap the foam in. As I was cutting the last 2 parts of the "foundation" for the cradle base, my hand slipped with the rotary cutter.

In a flash, the thumb-side of my left index finger was sliced off. Cleanly. I'd just put a new blade in the rotary cutter.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Blood everywhere. Not on the fabric, thank heavens.

Tied up my finger and cleaned up the cutting table.
Still bleeding a bit from time to time and I'm sure it's going to take a long while to heal. At least it was my left hand.

Before anyone says, "Go to the doc." No real reason to. I just have to keep the wound clean and bandaged. Clean cut that has to run its course.

Maybe I can milk this one for some extra help/stuff from Buck.

Thanks for listening.
I've done the same but either with a knife or a mandoline. Here is a good trick take a womens mini pad and cut it to size, clean cut and cover with neosporine or the old fashioned Bag Balm ( my personal choice)cover with the cut piece and wrap with tape. The wound will not stick to pad then change once a day. EMTs use these pads large and small for major bleeding accidents and swear by them.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #2570
Master Chef

Pens lost tonite. i'm soo upset. we played a beautiful way throughout, though.

Closed Thread