"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #2611
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
hey mav.

maybe my vent will make u smile. my cat, thomas, is being a super pest today.

first thing he did was open drawer in bathroom. then somehow got behind the drawer. he was stuck, so i went in and pulled drawer out so he could get out. he ambled out like " no big deal"

then i hear him trying to open sliding closet door to get in my craft closet. found him there yesterday sleeping on some yarn.

next he went around and dumped half the wastebaskets over.

he has used up at least three of his lives today.

babe
Maybe he's still trying to get out of the house. Since you closed the only vent he had. Pun intended.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #2612
Master Chef

I am trying to smile, spent the day washing clothes in the kitchen sink and now they are hanging all over the house because it has been raining off and on today. As soon as I am caught up I am going into the basement to rip everything out and start all over from scratch, I think this is the best bet right now.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #2613
Master Chef

hubby says to me : " you're so fat , that is why you're too hot. " He was arguing about the air conditioner, he is always cold. he is almost 72 , poor circulation .
Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #2614
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pook View Post
Oh, LadyCook, that wasn't nice at all! I'm sorry you had to hear that. We can't help what we look like, and all bodies are different.
Vent -- that was mean! I consider all of you my friends here and I hate it when my friends are called fat or stupid or whatever. Grrr!
I don't know what you look like, LadyCook, but if I were to meet you I would say you are beautiful, because we all are in our own many ways.
Purrs and hugs to you, friend.
thanks , Pook. I appreciate the kind comments. I'm a catlover too.
purrs and hugs back..
LC
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #2615
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
hubby says to me : " you're so fat , that is why you're too hot. " He was arguing about the air conditioner, he is always cold. he is almost 72 , poor circulation .

i hope you smacked him upside his head. tell he had better be nicer to you as u are probably going to be the last thing he sees on earth.

my goodness this make me crazy, how dare he.

babe
Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #2616
Master Chef

Tempers must be going around like the flu.... grrrrrrr.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #2617
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I'm not obese but I am a strong healthy girl HB once said something like that. But that is not why I like cooler weather I have noticed people much, much bigger than me cry about being cold and the truth is I'm not that big OK a little but yet as strong as an ox. My circulation is great and I love to sleep in a cold room
Next time he mentions your weight tell him. " Shut up and fetch me another piece of pie or I will squash you like bug" Weight has nothing to do with what makes you hot or cold. You are either warm or cold natured. I for one like colder temperatures. Older people tend to feel colder. Dh better not say a thing because he has a gut so he better not call the kettle black. Besides he knows I could take him out if that's what I wanted to . He is fifteen years older than me. I'm 50 and he is 65. We get along great but he knows he better not knock me because I can knock him harder so we just don't do it
Old 06-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #2618
Master Chef

Ladycook, how great is the eyesight of a 72 year anyway? Who cares what he thinks? I bet he can't take the beautiful photos that you do.......he sure knows how to push your buttons.....just ignore him.......you're purrrrrrrfect as you are.........
Old 06-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #2619
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i hope you smacked him upside his head. tell he had better be nicer to you as u are probably going to be the last thing he sees on earth.

my goodness this make me crazy, how dare he.

babe
Yep, at his age he should be pretty darn grateful you are taking care of him. I guess he needs a good spanking and some time out as well.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #2620
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I'm not obese but I am a strong healthy girl HB once said something like that. But that is not why I like cooler weather I have noticed people much, much bigger than me cry about being cold and the truth is I'm not that big OK a little but yet as strong as an ox. My circulation is great and I love to sleep in a cold room
Next time he mentions your weight tell him. " Shut up and fetch me another piece of pie or I will squash you like bug" Weight has nothing to do with what makes you hot or cold. You are either warm or cold natured. I for one like colder temperatures. Older people tend to feel colder. Dh better not say a thing because he has a gut so he better not call the kettle black. Besides he knows I could take him out if that's what I wanted to . He is fifteen years older than me. I'm 50 and he is 65. We get along great but he knows he better not knock me because I can knock him harder so we just don't do it
Talk about a small world, I will turn 50 in a couple of hours and my DH is 65. I'm always hot and he's always cold. When he complains, I tell him "You can only wish you were as hot as I am!"