"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #2621
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Talk about a small world, I will turn 50 in a couple of hours and my DH is 65. I'm always hot and he's always cold. When he complains, I tell him "You can only wish you were as hot as I am!"
Yep. He better learn to appreciate you. I don't think the Dallas Cheer Leaders are coming any time soon to fulfill his fantasies. So if he wants clean underwear and a decent meal and a good women he best be a bit more grateful.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #2622
Head Chef

Amen to that!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #2623
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pook View Post
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect is right!

JP, I'm a strong healthy girl too. There's NOTHING wrong with that! We are all beautiful in our own many ways!
I'm 5'11" and weigh 160 pounds. Here's a pic of me:

See? Ya know....pobody's nerfect.
We are all beautiful. It doesn't show on me on the outside, but I know I'm a decent person, and that's all that matters.
Purrs and hugs!
Pook, You are perfect and your pup is the cutest ever. All I know is if I can walk and bend over I'm in good shape plus my walking has made a huge difference. What I don't appreciate is someone in worse shape than me making a critique. Your pup reminds me of Daisy my Boxer mix. She is so cute I have seen her grown up pictures I know she loves more than anything.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #2624
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Talk about a small world, I will turn 50 in a couple of hours and my DH is 65. I'm always hot and he's always cold. When he complains, I tell him "You can only wish you were as hot as I am!"
By the way I hope you have a really great Birthday.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #2625
Head Chef

Thank you Jpmcgrew and Pook!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #2626
Master Chef

For some reason, I woke up at 3 am to the realization, that I am tired of living my life.
I thought about the last 23 years and saw this. Verbal, emotional and physical abuse, adultry, fear when he came home, staying home everyday. Didn't go to movies, out to eat, nothing. Shopping alone for groceries, xmas and birthdays. Not getting anything for birthdays or xmas unless I got it myself. If I go anywhere with my sisters, even with my mom when she was alive, if I don't come home when he thought I should be done, I get yelled at. Even now, if I'm late getting home, I get yelled at. Now, I'm getting the poor me BS about EVERYTHING. You get 3 days off, I don't, at least you can eat normal, my head hurts, my neck hurts, my knee hurts, OMG, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get 3 days off, yes, but, my 40 is done in 4 days, eat normal, no, I don't eat normal, I have to eat the same junk he does in fear of listening to him complain and stare at me while I eat, that is why I have gained so much weight! I stopped smoking for HIM, not me, so that he would stop griping at me everyday telling me I stink. I live with things going on with my health and NEVER say anything because if I do, HIS is so much worse and I should be grateful. I'm sorry for the vent, but, you know what, I'm tired of living this way and I'm too chicken to leave. Chicken to be on my own and chicken to feel the guilt in leaving him!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #2627
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i hope you smacked him upside his head. tell he had better be nicer to you as u are probably going to be the last thing he sees on earth.

my goodness this make me crazy, how dare he.

babe
No I didn't smack him , just gave him a angry look.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #2628
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
Ladycook, how great is the eyesight of a 72 year anyway? Who cares what he thinks? I bet he can't take the beautiful photos that you do.......he sure knows how to push your buttons.....just ignore him.......you're purrrrrrrfect as you are.........
Kind of hard to ignore him when he is ranting and raving , spittle coming out of his mouth. yuck! He does wear glasses. If and when I lose weight , it will be my decision to do it for me... not for him. Besides I am not morbidly obese, but could stand to lose a bit .
Old 06-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #2629
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I'm not obese but I am a strong healthy girl HB once said something like that. But that is not why I like cooler weather I have noticed people much, much bigger than me cry about being cold and the truth is I'm not that big OK a little but yet as strong as an ox. My circulation is great and I love to sleep in a cold room
Next time he mentions your weight tell him. " Shut up and fetch me another piece of pie or I will squash you like bug" Weight has nothing to do with what makes you hot or cold. You are either warm or cold natured. I for one like colder temperatures. Older people tend to feel colder. Dh better not say a thing because he has a gut so he better not call the kettle black. Besides he knows I could take him out if that's what I wanted to . He is fifteen years older than me. I'm 50 and he is 65. We get along great but he knows he better not knock me because I can knock him harder so we just don't do it
I like cooler rooms too, I and do get cold in the winter. I'm 10 yrs younger than he is and has a gut too.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #2630
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
For some reason, I woke up at 3 am to the realization, that I am tired of living my life.
I thought about the last 23 years and saw this. Verbal, emotional and physical abuse, adultry, fear when he came home, staying home everyday. Didn't go to movies, out to eat, nothing. Shopping alone for groceries, xmas and birthdays. Not getting anything for birthdays or xmas unless I got it myself. If I go anywhere with my sisters, even with my mom when she was alive, if I don't come home when he thought I should be done, I get yelled at. Even now, if I'm late getting home, I get yelled at. Now, I'm getting the poor me BS about EVERYTHING. You get 3 days off, I don't, at least you can eat normal, my head hurts, my neck hurts, my knee hurts, OMG, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get 3 days off, yes, but, my 40 is done in 4 days, eat normal, no, I don't eat normal, I have to eat the same junk he does in fear of listening to him complain and stare at me while I eat, that is why I have gained so much weight! I stopped smoking for HIM, not me, so that he would stop griping at me everyday telling me I stink. I live with things going on with my health and NEVER say anything because if I do, HIS is so much worse and I should be grateful. I'm sorry for the vent, but, you know what, I'm tired of living this way and I'm too chicken to leave. Chicken to be on my own and chicken to feel the guilt in leaving him!!!
I hear you. I know what you are going thru. I left ex , and took my 2 young sons and went to a shelter for battered wives. Long story but I made it with the help of God.