"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #2721
Master Chef

That is awesome news, no cancer! But I will keep praying that his surgery, when it happens, goes smoothly and he recovers quickly.

So, whos volunteering to come to my house and clean?? LOL.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #2722
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Thank you for asking. We did get the pathology results on Thursday morning. The ENT surgeon told us that no cancer cells were found. Thank you Lord!!! All they found was fluid that encapsuling the mass but the doc said that only surgery will tell us what exactly it is. As soon as the mass is removed, it will be sent to pathology and we should know what it is that same day. Part of his hyoid bone will have to come out if the mass is attached to it. He will have a scar on the neck; recuperation time is one week. Justin's suppose to have a day surgery, God willing, with no complications on July 10th. If anything else should come up, he will stay in the hospital longer.

Would you all PLEASE keep praying for my son? I'm relieved in one way knowing no cancer was found, but worried not knowing how the surgery will turn out.
I'm so glad to hear that it's so far, so good but I won't stop praying for him til I hear the stitches are out and all is well. It's so scary. I hope his scar isn't too bad and he heals quickly and without incident. July 10th seems so far away, doesn't it? Anyway, please post as soon as he goes in and at all the stops along the way.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #2723
Master Chef

You know, I knew we lived in a crap town, but, I didn't realize just how much until now. My husband walked out to unload his tools, well, the empty, brushy and trashy lot across the street, the people show up once a year to mow after getting 3 foot tall, so, LOTS of dead brush, lit it on fire and then LEFT!! It was on fire, about a foot high flames slowly spreading on the ground going towards a big pile of brush and trees that they cut down last year. dh came in told me to call 911 and he went with the water hose. 10 minutes later, after dh put most of it out, one dodge dulley pulls up with a tank. first thing out of his mouth yelling, you been burning over here?? dh said h#$% no, I'M putting it OUT!! Then, he got out, with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, and looked around, Aww, just a grass fire!! OMG!!!!!!! Dh went off on him. He said, well, glad your putting it out instead of my freaking house!! The guy just looked at him and said, yeah, i guess that wouldn't be good, huh? UNAPPRECIATIVE JERKS!!
Got pics too of who put most of it out!! LOL
2 factors REALLY helped. #1, the wind died down. #2 it rained for about an hour or so just this morning!! Thank GOD, cause I know he was in on this one!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #2724
Chef Extraordinaire

i am so so angry. god or whoever is picking on my friend kate. she needs her buck more than god does. so unfair, so sad. it is breaking my heart.

don't tell me not to be angry. please, just needed to vent this out

babe
Old 06-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #2725
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am so so angry. god or whoever is picking on my friend kate. she needs her buck more that god does. so unfair, so sad. it is breaking my heart.

don't tell me not to be angry. please, just needed to vent this out

babe
i not going to tell you not to be angry!! i'm with you all the way!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 04:07 AM   #2726
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thank you all again for your kind words.

Dina, I am praying for your son.

Stacy, I don't blame you for being upset about that. Just a grass fire! It may have been much more if your husband hadn't taken care of it. A few years ago I lived in an apartment that was kind of out in the country. There were two brick buildings with 4 duplex townhouse apartments. There was a hay field behind the building, and it also was along one side of the property. A guy a couple houses down decided to burn some stuff on a very windy day. Within just a few minutes it had spread and burned the whole hay field, our front and back yard right up to the porch (our back porch rail was scorched). I was fortunate because we had a meeting at work; otherwise I would have been parked in the yard where it burned. You just can't always predict what will happen, and how fast, when it comes to fire.

Barbara
Old 06-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #2727
Everymom

I'm just so sad and mad right now. Just got word at church that a young man who has dedicated his life to others and was vital and full of love and promise has died in a car accident. His wife and two young children (2 and 4) are still in hospital but will live. On top of Buck's illness and not being able to be there for Katie I am just so mad I could spit. Why???? Dang it all, I just want to shake my fists at something and yell. Instead, I'm going to cry some more and pray some more. But oh boy am I frustrated.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #2728
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm just so sad and mad right now. Just got word at church that a young man who has dedicated his life to others and was vital and full of love and promise has died in a car accident. His wife and two young children (2 and 4) are still in hospital but will live. On top of Buck's illness and not being able to be there for Katie I am just so mad I could spit. Why???? Dang it all, I just want to shake my fists at something and yell. Instead, I'm going to cry some more and pray some more. But oh boy am I frustrated.
I am sorry , Alix. Life is not fair. No one knows the *why* of things.
hugs,
Diane
Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #2729
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
"Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks!"
Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #2730
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm so sorry to hear that Alix. I don't even know what to say. I will pray for his family that they heal quickly, in body and in spirit.

Barbara