Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
today's vent: I'm shelling out $2,000 this week to have 3 palm trees removed from my property. That was the money I wanted to use for shutters. grrrrrr.

Pain

This column has pain, both mental and physical. I am sorry to read about this.

pdswife, did you have a freezer already? If so, what did you do w/the food in t he meantime? With my fridge, all the food was on the counter. Goes to show you can't believe SEARS anymore. No amount to compensation can account for all the stress they cause. Seems to have no concern. Doesn't anyone have conscious responsibility anymore? Always excuse.

About the arthritis, my cousin advised me to use something over the counter called JointFlex. The cost was almost $20 but the pain I had was so bad I went ahead and tried it. They had money back guarantee. With continued use it worked. I just could not believe it. It is only suggestion and w/prayer my problem got relief. I know I used around 5 tubes in the beginning but it helped. That is what is important. Who can accept const ant pain?

I already had a freezer. This one will be an extra. The freezer arrived this morning. MORE PROBLEMS!!!! Saturday when I talked to the delivery people they said to tell the delivery guy to CALL THEM when he delivered the freezer today so that we could set the gift card up. The delivery guy lied right to our faces and said that there was NO way he could call them. HE didn't even have a phone #! How in the world could that be. He has to be able to comunitcate with them. They have to be able to comunitcate with him. The last two delivery guys called them from the truck....

We said we wouldn't sign the delivery paper until we talked to some one and he just walked away... we asked him his name.. he just kept walking.. we asked him again and he just ignored us. He left the freezer but, it's not hooked up or installed ( installation was part of the deal)... He was so mean and rude. and BIG AND UGLY!!! Luckily Paul was here this time and saw the whole thing.

He called the delivery place and we worked it all out, a service tech will be coming to install it sometime today between 1-5 which means I have to stay home again waiting....ugh.

BUT, the part that really makes me mad is that we have meat waiting at the butchers. 2 hours away from here. Paul was there this weekend and could have picked it up but..since we didn't have a freezer to put it in, I HAVE to drive over there Wed. to get it!!!! Luckily gas prices are going down a little.

You need to make sears aware of ALL of the problems.
Call, and ask to speak directly to the head of the mgt.
Do not let them say the mgr is busy.

Tell them of all happenings, even the meat waiting at the butchers. They need to compensate more than is necessary. My suggestion would be a much-longer warranty than they've given you. If they are not interested,
let them know you will not be using their services anymore, and have already notified all friends/family of this unbearable situation.

and, when you're done, have a big bowl of ice cream. That always helps.

can ya stand some more??

Five o'clock passed with out a service tech knocking on the door. I called delivery... my file said that " a service call" had been set up but, when delivery called service to check... NOTHING. Who ever said they set it up really didn't!! So, now... I have to wait here all day again wed. I'm ready just to tell them to come pick the dang thing up.

Jkath, we are getting a 100 dollar gift card from Sears for all our trouble.
But, I don't think it's enough.

We will not be shopping there again.
This is just plain silly! I don't get mad. But boy oh boy am I mad NOW!!!!!!

Ice cream..yes, with a cup of kaluha poured on top. lol

Don't get me started on Sears. I have sworn never ever to set foot in their stores. I had the most horrendous time with them when I moved and bought all new appliances for the house. Do you know that when you pay for 'installation' that means they will plug it in for you! :censored:

My vent this morning is Mr HB and I overslept and now my oatmeal is cold. I'm hoping this doesn't set the tone for the rest of the day.

What Can I Say?

pdswife, looks like YOU win! When I had my trouble, I called for manager, his response after detailed explanation was to take it up w/delivery. He had no control over how they handled things. He said I wasn't the first to complain. He had no apology or anything. What a complete waste of time. Customer service in this country is getting bad, real bad. But if you look at the whole picture you can see this country doesn't make hardly any products anymore. We are going toward Cust omer Service jobs and when there is excess is suffers. See it more and more. When I talk to someone who offers me help, I appreciate their sense of duty that I immediately talk to their supervisor so they are made aware of their employee doing what they are supposed to. No discipline in this country, nor integrity. I feel I trusted SEARS so much that my sense of pride is gone.

jkath, I had to spend $1700 to have ONE tree taken down. Storms we had here damaged it which caused all my problems of refrigeration in first place. At least I am thankful the tree did fall on my house. It is gone and I think of what could have been instead of money that it took. Have to look at positives. In pdswife case, I am still looking.

Add to It

I recycle all my papers, bottles, plastic, etc. hoping it will help environment. Sure! Yesterday in my mailbox received outside cover of prayer book I get once month w/addressed portion. I had torn the address off the prayer book and recycled it. Now how do you think this happened? Does someone go through the recycling bin and have the time to do this stuff? How come the post office accepted it. There was nothing attached just the mailing label portion. I am sure going to post office and question this. Do we have to go through everything we recycle? First, trouble w/telephone now post office? Do you know what kind of lesson I am supposed to learn here? I am getting confused and MORE paranoid than usual!

There's a good side... I'm sure... lets see...um... ummmmm.....Well in the end I will have the new freezer that I've always wanted. Yep, that's it and we have the time and money to fill it with good meat and other food and we have lots of good friends to share it all with. There. It's all good!!!!

About the recycling and mail.. WEIRD!!!

OK, do any of you have a built in BS detector? You know what I mean, someone will be talking to you or you will be reading something and your detector goes into the red zone?

Guess I should have put this in pet peeves, not Venting, but I'm just tired of people trying to BS me. BAH! Can you tell its rainy and yucky out and I'm still feeling crappy? I'm just such a sunny little personality right now.:mad: :LOL:

Hello

Uh oh, you think it is contagious? I sure can relate to the feeling, Alix! Sorry it always seems to happen to the nicest people. As I have always been told the world looks different in the morning. Don't jump off a bridge at night. Your description sure is familiar. Just remember I care about you and want you to forget all the bad people in this world. You have a cat don't you? She would never mistreat you. Just focus on her. Hug her and tell her you don't like people that are not good. Works for me. Sounds like a kook but whatever works.

ITK, thank you so much. Your post made me feel so much better. If you were here right now I would give you the biggest hug, so here's a virtual one. {{{{{{{{{{{ITK}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm going to go pour a cup of tea and snuggle one of my kitties right now. That is JUST what I need to do. Thanks again for the perspective check.

(Oh, and I have been sick for a while now and just am not bouncing back as fast as I think I should. I'm impatient with myself. :rolleyes: )

:ROFLMAO: You feel better, don't you Alix! Yes, by BS detector leaves me confused and disoriented sometimes - shaking my head like a dog with ear mites! (lol, nice description, huh?)

cute pic Bucky

Just as I have organised a removal that is going to cost more thousands of pounds than the stuff we own is worth; DH is settling into the appartment we found in Milan; I have jacked in my job, got the cats passport vaccs up to date ready for the big move........looks like we might be coming back in six months! I just want DH to finally get the job thing sorted. We can't even think about starting a family or anything while everything is so up in the air :(

Sometimes I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall.

What Ticked You Off Today!

A day is filled with many things.
Some may be great (lets hope!)
Some things may be NOT so wonderful. :doh:

And thats where THIS thread comes in.
Lets be honest..... generally there are situations that occur where things dont go the way we like them.
It might be simply irratating, or down right BAD! :angry:

One of the best things to do is share it with someone! Right now I think we have a good group of folks that care and can sympatize and/or give decent advice. (that advice can not be held against DC in ANY way.)
WE are NOT professionals, but we care. :)

So what happened today that really bugged you? :ermm:

How did you know I was in a bad mood today, Sush? I was getting ready to take my new cyber- shot camera out to take some photos of the yard and my puppy and what do you know, the $$$$ memory pro stick that was in my camera is gone. I put it in my camera and now it's gone...............:mad: Is it like the socks you put in the dryer? %%$#$##$$%$##, now I have to go out and buy another one. The missing one was new!:mad:$$#$%$#$

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom