"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #2821
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Raton,NM, USA
Posts: 4,573
We also have a couple of wild fires here at the ranch the smoke can get thick but not so bad right now. Starting to get a bit of rain here and there. I hope we get a good monsoon season which usually starts the beginning of July. We are so parched right now
__________________

__________________
"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." - Julia Child
jpmcgrew is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #2822
Head Chef
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
One thing that may give some relief is to wet a shirt put it on and blow a regular bladed fan on yourself.

no one wants to see that ...
__________________

__________________
love2"Q" is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #2823
Executive Chef
 
Dina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mission, Texas
Posts: 2,686
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Barbara and LP. You both are like sisters! I hope you start feeling better Barb.

My vent today is that hubby's 8 year old car broke down. Argh! I was home all day waiting on him to bring back our other car so I could go run my errands. Not to mention I need a car to take the kids to dance and MMA classes all week long. It's frustrating having just one car to move around. Thankfully, a friend's husband will be coming by to check on the car. If we can get it working again, we will all be in happier spirits.
__________________
Dina
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #2824
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Barbara and LP. You both are like sisters! I hope you start feeling better Barb.

My vent today is that hubby's 8 year old car broke down. Argh! I was home all day waiting on him to bring back our other car so I could go run my errands. Not to mention I need a car to take the kids to dance and MMA classes all week long. It's frustrating having just one car to move around. Thankfully, a friend's husband will be coming by to check on the car. If we can get it working again, we will all be in happier spirits.
Yeah! I could have two Canadian sisters!

I hope your car troubles are taken care of soon Dina. I know how frustrating that can be. I don't have kids in the house (my daughter is grown), but last year I had to have people take Cubbie and me to PetSmart (about 20 miles from here) one day a week for a few weeks for his obedience training. One time poor Cubbie had to sit on the floor in front of me. He wasn't full grown, but a 7-8 month old German Shepherd still isn't small!

Barbara
__________________
Barbara L is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #2825
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
Hey, Girlfriend, get yourself one of those big microwaveable heat wraps and wrap that baby around yourself......3 minutes in the micro and you're good to go......they have nice velco self-adhesive wraps and release at least and hour's worth of wonderful heat.......better that a boyfriend......I am here to testify......
__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #2826
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Yeah, I agree with Expat that the microwave heat bags are great but a loving man is even better! Seriously, locallized heat and/or light massage does wonders. Barbara, I hope you are finding some relief. And I will be your Canadian sister any time!

I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital with DD again and still no definitive answers. All it did was bring on more pain for both of us. I was so bad when I got home that I ate and went straight to bed....forgetting to make our border's lunch and coffee. I am getting tired of this pain taking over and no one doing anything about it!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #2827
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
I'm so sorry LP.......here's a Girlfriend's big hug which is better than any man's cause we mean it
__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #2828
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Yeah, I agree with Expat that the microwave heat bags are great but a loving man is even better! Seriously, locallized heat and/or light massage does wonders. Barbara, I hope you are finding some relief. And I will be your Canadian sister any time!

I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital with DD again and still no definitive answers. All it did was bring on more pain for both of us. I was so bad when I got home that I ate and went straight to bed....forgetting to make our border's lunch and coffee. I am getting tired of this pain taking over and no one doing anything about it!
Laurie,
don't be so hard on yourself. DD will be fine, I know she has had a hard time, but so have YOU.Your border won't starve and things will get done..Just slow down, take your time and take care of you...
You need answers and then some help..I'm hoping this happens soon.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #2829
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Thanks Expat, I needed that. I think I was having a pretty extravagant pitty party over my pain, my kids' pain, my mistakes, etc. It is just getting to be too much to bear. I am so glad I have my DC family.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #2830
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Laurie,
don't be so hard on yourself. DD will be fine, I know she has had a hard time, but so have YOU.Your border won't starve and things will get done..Just slow down, take your time and take care of you...
You need answers and then some help..I'm hoping this happens soon.
kades
Thanks Kades,
You always know what to say. You are right, I just need answers for me and DD. Now that she is living back home I have such a hard time seeing her in such pain and then at the same time I have to deal with my own. I will PM you later.

I will survive, I know. I would just like to start seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.