"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #2821
Executive Chef

We also have a couple of wild fires here at the ranch the smoke can get thick but not so bad right now. Starting to get a bit of rain here and there. I hope we get a good monsoon season which usually starts the beginning of July. We are so parched right now

Old 06-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #2822
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
One thing that may give some relief is to wet a shirt put it on and blow a regular bladed fan on yourself.

no one wants to see that ...

Old 06-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #2823
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Barbara and LP. You both are like sisters! I hope you start feeling better Barb.

My vent today is that hubby's 8 year old car broke down. Argh! I was home all day waiting on him to bring back our other car so I could go run my errands. Not to mention I need a car to take the kids to dance and MMA classes all week long. It's frustrating having just one car to move around. Thankfully, a friend's husband will be coming by to check on the car. If we can get it working again, we will all be in happier spirits.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #2824
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Barbara and LP. You both are like sisters! I hope you start feeling better Barb.

My vent today is that hubby's 8 year old car broke down. Argh! I was home all day waiting on him to bring back our other car so I could go run my errands. Not to mention I need a car to take the kids to dance and MMA classes all week long. It's frustrating having just one car to move around. Thankfully, a friend's husband will be coming by to check on the car. If we can get it working again, we will all be in happier spirits.
Yeah! I could have two Canadian sisters!

I hope your car troubles are taken care of soon Dina. I know how frustrating that can be. I don't have kids in the house (my daughter is grown), but last year I had to have people take Cubbie and me to PetSmart (about 20 miles from here) one day a week for a few weeks for his obedience training. One time poor Cubbie had to sit on the floor in front of me. He wasn't full grown, but a 7-8 month old German Shepherd still isn't small!

Barbara
Old 06-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #2825
Master Chef

Hey, Girlfriend, get yourself one of those big microwaveable heat wraps and wrap that baby around yourself......3 minutes in the micro and you're good to go......they have nice velco self-adhesive wraps and release at least and hour's worth of wonderful heat.......better that a boyfriend......I am here to testify......
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #2826
Certified Cake Maniac

Yeah, I agree with Expat that the microwave heat bags are great but a loving man is even better! Seriously, locallized heat and/or light massage does wonders. Barbara, I hope you are finding some relief. And I will be your Canadian sister any time!

I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital with DD again and still no definitive answers. All it did was bring on more pain for both of us. I was so bad when I got home that I ate and went straight to bed....forgetting to make our border's lunch and coffee. I am getting tired of this pain taking over and no one doing anything about it!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #2827
Master Chef

I'm so sorry LP.......here's a Girlfriend's big hug which is better than any man's cause we mean it
Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #2828
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Yeah, I agree with Expat that the microwave heat bags are great but a loving man is even better! Seriously, locallized heat and/or light massage does wonders. Barbara, I hope you are finding some relief. And I will be your Canadian sister any time!

I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital with DD again and still no definitive answers. All it did was bring on more pain for both of us. I was so bad when I got home that I ate and went straight to bed....forgetting to make our border's lunch and coffee. I am getting tired of this pain taking over and no one doing anything about it!
Laurie,
don't be so hard on yourself. DD will be fine, I know she has had a hard time, but so have YOU.Your border won't starve and things will get done..Just slow down, take your time and take care of you...
You need answers and then some help..I'm hoping this happens soon.
kades
Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #2829
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks Expat, I needed that. I think I was having a pretty extravagant pitty party over my pain, my kids' pain, my mistakes, etc. It is just getting to be too much to bear. I am so glad I have my DC family.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #2830
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Laurie,
don't be so hard on yourself. DD will be fine, I know she has had a hard time, but so have YOU.Your border won't starve and things will get done..Just slow down, take your time and take care of you...
You need answers and then some help..I'm hoping this happens soon.
kades
Thanks Kades,
You always know what to say. You are right, I just need answers for me and DD. Now that she is living back home I have such a hard time seeing her in such pain and then at the same time I have to deal with my own. I will PM you later.

I will survive, I know. I would just like to start seeing that light at the end of the tunnel.

Closed Thread