"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #2841
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
yeah i dont care (or try not to) about thier rooms, but the living and dining rooms drive me Batty!
We've tried the "throwing away" but they know the stuff comes back, and I'm too cheap to actually throw away perfectly good stuff!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #2842
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
I know I haven't been on here for too long and this really isn't so much a vent as a hurt. My beloved grandmother passed away last Monday and it hurts like the dickens. She was 99 years old and 7 months. She always said she was going to live to be 100. I know she was ready to go, everything was starting to shut down. She was my "cooking mentor". She and my mother shared a room in an assisted living facility. It's been really hard trying to grieve and try to help my mother through this, she has dementia, which is another story. I just miss her so much. I do have all her cookbooks and hand-written recipes that she passed to me which is a comfort to read through them. I'm just really hurting right now.

Barb
Of course your hurting..I lost my mom several years ago and even tho she had the beginnings of dementia, I'd give the world to have her with me for just an hour. Look how long you got to be with your grandma and all you learned from her..Hold it close, the pain will lessen and then you can sit and go through her cookbooks and notes and enjoy what she left for you..Love your mom as always but give yourself a break from it now and then. It can just eat you up if you don't. Take care of you and you can take care of her..Good thoughts coming for all of you.
kadesma

Old 06-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #2843
Master Chef

Gramdma's laps were the best therapy weren't they......glad that I had that kinda medicine and I'm happy to called "MaMa today" these kids today need it------big time.........never knew my mother's parents......still don't know what my genetic inheritance is on that side.....so you get yourself checked out when there is a problem......you don't leave it up to chance........being a grandma is the best in the world...........they so love you no matter what
Old 06-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #2844
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
yeah i dont care (or try not to) about thier rooms, but the living and dining rooms drive me Batty!
We've tried the "throwing away" but they know the stuff comes back, and I'm too cheap to actually throw away perfectly good stuff!!!
Me, too. I just took the stuff in bags and put it in the back of the van. Late that night, I hid it in the basement (like I do with Christmas presents). It's true that kids are very, very bright and it may take a while of having some of their favorite stuff gone to make them believers!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #2845
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Susieq.......can i give you some wear worn advice?......your children are going to grow up before you know it and I'm including your daughter who stuffs toys up her nose.....this kid is a DC bonafide celebrity...........she's famous and doesn't know it............and she's a poster child......they will grow up before you know it and you will be so sad when your house is quiet again or if they get pregnant as in a woopsie and they still grow up.......you will always be saying goodbye no matter what.......enjoy them, and stumble over their toys, clothes, pets, father.......he does configure into some of this confusion though he's probably clueless.......your house will one day be quiet and you will be wondering at what happened......enjoy them now and take lots of picutres....god only gives them to you for a short while.........enjoy the noise and confusion.......and rant at the invonvenices......you're Mom for goodness sake...........that's your job..........
Old 06-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #2846
Master Chef

why can I not see my spelling mistakes until after I post????
Old 06-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #2847
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
thank you expat you made me cry.....
I love 'em, we are all healthy, I shouldn't whine about toys.
:)
Old 06-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #2848
Master Chef

Thanks LPBeier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Sattie, I think what you need is a trip to the vet. I know they are costly but even phone them for advice. It could be age or an illness, but incontinance in dogs should not be taken litely. If I didn't have two of my own and wasn't so far away, I would definitely take him. Is he the one on your avatar? You should join our "fur babies" group.
It is an age thing. Sometimes he just goes and does not realize it. I dropped some of his food in his water and he drank all the water to get the food. So I knew this was coming. (My fault, but it still pees me off! ) Boots is around 15 or so years old and he is doing good for his age. The little dude in my avatar is Binks, my 5 year old Chihuahua. So what is this "fur babies" group you speak of??? How do I join?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #2849
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
So what is this "fur babies" group you speak of??? How do I join?
Go to the quick links tab at the top of this page and click to lower the menu. Click on Social groups and then on the "furbabies" group. You can see who has joined, what we have talked about and our pet pictures. There will be a button to click if you would like to join. We would love to have you and anyone else with furry friends!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 06-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #2850
Master Chef

Why don't these dummy kids {not kids really, 21+} understand about drinking and driving!! I don't know for sure that is what happened, but, pretty sure. We have bits and pieces right now. Younger ds has 2 friends that were in a one vehicle wreck Satuday. The driver died
He was only 22 years old!! Omg, I can't even imagine what his parents are going through. The other was released from hospital, last night or this morning, not sure on his injuries yet.
I gripe about my kids and their stupidity, but, they are alive and I need to remember that!!!