Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know DS started a new thread "What Ticked You Off Today" but this is really the same as the "Venting" thread thus they were merged. No hard feelings DS, right? :flowers:

Nope. Just want folks to tell us the bad stuff so we can give them a BIG hug! :)
3.gif

Hugs

Thanks for all the hugs! Really help when you can't stand others and yourself either.

How is everyone doing today? It is NEW day, look forward to somthing GOOD happening. I have been told if we keep this thought uppermost in our thoughts we will always find good. It does help to talk to yourself. I notice at times people talking to themselves. Doesn't surprise me. I tell myself (in silence) I have been there done that.

I am sending out good thoughts to all of you and especially those of you with pets. They truly fill a void in my life and I know they do in yours.

So let's hear how you are doing? We want to know.

Still trying to get over general anaesthetic for an op on Tuesday. Feeling pretty knocked sideways, but better than yesterday. So that's good!

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you? Well, today I was there returning a cheap evening bag I bought last month. This store just implemented a cash-back policy - they used to only issue store credit but now they will give cash/credit back. Well, no need for cash back for me as I returned an evening bag and was buying three times the amount of the return - I just wanted the credit to be applied to my new purchase. I hand the purse and the receipt to the cashier and she tells me that she can only give me the last sale price of the purse because it has been longer than 30 days. I explain that I do not want cash back, I want the amount I paid for the purse to be put towards my current purchases. She tells me again that she cannot give me what I paid for it but only what the last sale price was. I explain, again, getting irritated, that the receipt is proof of what I paid for it and that I do not want the cash back only the credit towards my new purchase. The manager comes and asks me if I have shopped in their store before. I am getting ready to throw my merchandise at him and walk out when he says he will give me what the receipt says "this time" but it won't happen again. I thanked him (even though I didn't think it was necessary). Anyways, I looked at my receipt, yes it was over thirty days, it was 33 days....As it turned out the cashier only charged me for two items instead of three - I just couldn't walk out of there knowing I wasn't charged for everything, even though I was tempted!

Way to go Michelemarie, but don't shop there again after THAT crap. I know there are a lot of places getting persnickety about returns, but I make a point of spending my money in places that don't hassle me at all if I need to return something. Here in Edmonton the two best places are Costco and WalMart. They will take EVERYTHING back with no questions asked. The WORST is Superstore, holy moly they are a royal pain in the butt. I no longer shop there.

I thought that was the whole idea of having a stupid receipt!! I know if you don't have one, they will only give you what the product is selling for at that time. Good for you on keeping your cool!! I don't know that I would have. LOL

Venting

Yesterday I had a car accident. I was stopped at a red light and a car that was crossing on a green light ran into my passanger side bumper. Right after he ran into me he kept going at a very high speed and I was very stressed out. Jolie was in the car with me and she started crying.

I pulled over to the side and looked at the damage and I started crying. A man that was next to me came over to me and asked it I was okay. He saw the accident but didn't get the license plate. He said that it looked to him as if the man was drunk or on drugs.

I was on my way to my Therapist and I was a basket case. Gail and I talked for an hour and after I left I felt much better. It is only a car and can be fixed and Jolie and I are not hurt.

So sorry. The shock sometimes is overwhelming from my experience.Very glad you are both safe. Dangerous drivers out there so y'all watch out. I always think Iam a lousy driver just so I give all the lousy drivers a chance to do their whatever . My dad always told me to drive like everyone else is a bad driver. Caution all the time.

My dad always taught me - no matter if you are right or wrong, sometimes your car is wrecked if you insist on being right, even if you are. :-p

Shpj4, if you were stopped, how in the world did the car hit you? He would've had to have made a reversed question mark.

Last edited:
Shpj4, glad to hear you're OK. That kind of situation gives you a terrible shake. Hope you manage to get back on the road OK.

As a somewhat odd aside, I was intrigued to read the explanation of the man who came over to see if you were OK. If this kind of situation occurred in Britain, people would assume it was a kid joyriding. In Spain, it would be assumed that the driver was driving their own car but without insurance and so was too scared to stop in case the police got involved.

shpj4, sorry to hear of the accident, but glad to hear it's only something that can be fixed, nothing worse. don't worry, everyone gets shaken in a car accident. even big tough guys like goodweed and ronjohn. :huh: :angel:

snoop, respectfully, those are all tremendous generalizations.

an eyewitness account is probably the best thing to go by. next is how aggressive the police want to be. in a small town, you might get lucky. in a city, you'll have to rely on luck beacuse since no one was hurt, the crime is minor.

Glad you are ok shpj4......haing had a minor smash earlier this year I know how shaky it can make you feel, even if the damage is not so serious and you know it is not your fault.

Snoop, in UK I would be more likely to assume it was a no insurance job than a joy rider. Insurance evasion is getting MASSIVE here. DH passed his test last year...having been a city boy until I met him and not needed a car.....his insurance 3rd party on my mother's 1.3 l engine car was over 2000 sterling.....my insurance company refuse to insure him on my 1.7l car. He had a pass plus and was 26.....I am all for responsible driving and appropriate engine sizes but one can see why evasion becomes a huge and terrible problem.

Whatever the problem with the guy who hit shpj4 at least no serious damage was done!

Buckytom, I agree they're generalisations, enormous ones. That's why I said I was intrigued. The same situation can give rise to all kinds of different assumptions. But that is all they are, assumptions based on gut feelings. Interesting to read what you have to say, lulu, about insurance in the UK. In my parents' part of the UK and where I lived up north, the assumption would be kids taking without consent and going on a spree. Just goes to show what you can learn through DC.

LOL, its amazing what you find out here!

Joyriding is a sad fact of life in UK....but I think insurance is a bigger problem. well, I suppose all joy riders are driving without (relevant) insurance too.

Drives me mad in court when this is considered an "incidental" crime, the insurance thing is not taken as seriously as the theft of the car, or the accident it caused, or the other crime....eg getaway vehicle. Its that which has pushed UK insurance premiums so sky high and England such a cripplingly expensive place for normal law abiding people....sorry...I'll need to vent if I hink abou this any longer!

My son had 2 minor run-ins (not his fault by police reports) and one traffic violation (going 20 mph over the limit-) and our insurance company dropped him from our regular policy. (Even the agent was apologetic) He is not allowed to drive any of the other cars and his individual policy is costing a fortune. He pays most of it himself but can't afford all of it. I can see why there are many uninsured drivers out there!!

Thank all of you for your warm replies. Life goes on but when I tried to take Jolie out for a ride this morning in her soft carrier she started screaming when I put her in the car.

That was the best thing because as they say "You Have To Get Back On The Horse." We drove around for about an hour and she is fine now.

I still can't believe that there is a big hole in my bumper.

Again thanks all of you for your genuine concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom