"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #2911
Head Chef

Ouch twisted my ankle. It'll mend but still, ouch!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #2912
Senior Cook

That's maddening - I hope yours heals up quickly (and that you don't have any little ones to run after!)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #2913
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pot clanger View Post
That's maddening - I hope yours heals up quickly (and that you don't have any little ones to run after!)
No, only the animals .
Old 06-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #2914
Master Chef

Definitely Nurse Cratched (from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) needs a few sensitivity sessions at a charm school...........be interesting to see where she did most of her training........maybe drug rehab programs so automatic assumptions are already a part of the picture.........
Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #2915
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Laurie, I'm glad your daughter is doing so much better. I hope you do take action against that nurse. You know that if she treated your daughter that way, she is treating other people the same.

Please say a prayer or two for me for this weekend everyone. I thought my kidney stones were done but I am hurting again now. I have a LOT of stuff that has to be done today, as I am leaving in the morning and will be gone for the weekend. I really don't want to spend my weekend at our church ladies' retreat in pain.

I'm not bringing my computer with me, as I plan to leave the whole world behind this weekend, but I will be back here Sunday night.

Barbara
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #2916
Master Chef

prayers with HUGE hugs, barbara!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #2917
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Laurie, I'm glad your daughter is doing so much better. I hope you do take action against that nurse. You know that if she treated your daughter that way, she is treating other people the same.

Please say a prayer or two for me for this weekend everyone. I thought my kidney stones were done but I am hurting again now. I have a LOT of stuff that has to be done today, as I am leaving in the morning and will be gone for the weekend. I really don't want to spend my weekend at our church ladies' retreat in pain.

I'm not bringing my computer with me, as I plan to leave the whole world behind this weekend, but I will be back here Sunday night.

Barbara
Barbara, how much water do you drink? For some most people drinking plenty of water keeps the kidneys flushed so the crystals dont have a chance to cluster and get bigger and by then they are hard to pass. When I started seeing Dh he had kidney stones and I noticed he never ever drank water while he was outside or at home and it's really dry here . I got him to start drinking water and he has not had a kidney stone since, that was over 11 years ago now he carries plenty of water in his truck. I cant say it enough people need to drink enough water in fact by the time you actually feel thirsty you are so incredibly dehydrated it's not even funny. My point is that one should drink water through out the day and night so not to actually become thirsty.
And this will sound crazy but you can tell how hydrated or not hydrated you are when you go number one it should be clear or really light yellow if it's anything darker than that you are dehydrated the darker the worse off you are.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #2918
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks luvs.

I don't drink as much as I am supposed to. I try, but I forget. I never got kidney stones before I moved to South Carolina. I have to drink a lot more than I had to in California. I need to try a lot harder to remember. Lately though, I have been forgetting to eat as well. Sheesh!

Barbara
Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #2919
Master Chef

here's hoping that you have a retreat from your kidney stones, Barbs, and hope that you have a great weekend.......
Old 06-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #2920
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks! I'm on my way to take some Tylenol and take a hot bath. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Barbara