Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan I was stopped at a red light going West.The light was green crossing in front of me and the man in the red truck either lost control of his car because instead of going straight he turned toward my car and smashed the bumper. He then backed up and speeded on so I couldn't get his license plate.

When the light turned green for me I managed to get over to the side and stopped. The nice man that was next to me got out of his car and wanted to know if I was okay. He said that the guy could have lost control, was drunk because he was weaving when he hit me, or was on some kinds of drugs. We both were sure that he didn't have any insurance.

In order to get Car Insurance in California when you register your car with the Department Of Motor Vehicles you must show identification that you have insurance. Apparently the system isn't working because there are so many drivers out there without insurance.

Hello shpj4, what an awful experience all round. Glad to hear you and Jolie are still able to drive around OK. We once had an accident with a cat in the car: it took him ages to get over it. He obviously thought we were to blame. Hope you manage to get your bumper fixed without too much expense.

I sure am glad that you and Jolie are not hurt. I'm glad you been able to encourage her back into the car with you. Sounds like she was really scared.

Was working on the house Friday night. My SIL and her good for nothing freeloader husband show up UNANNOUNCED to spend the weekend (My FIL and MIL were due in the next day - FIL was going to help me hang some molding and lights).

My wife was fine with it. I was not. We had no room, the house was a disaster, and then the jack@@@ has the nerve to tell us we need to do something about our dog because his allergies were going nuts! I made it completely clear to everyone within earshot that if someone needed to leave to clear up his allergies, it was NOT going to be my dog.

Everyone left yesterday, and I made it clear to my wife that while family is always welcome, anyone who shows up unannounced from now on will get the "Glad to see you, Econo Lodge is just up the road" treatment! :furious:

Good thing we have lot's of paint at the house, as I'm sure I blistered it off of a couple of walls.

John

ronjohn55, that is pretty bad, turning up unannounced and expecting to be able to stay. Next time they come, tell them you're on a really strict diet. One meal of water, bean sprouts and tofu dressed with soya sauce and they'll be off!

Mom has a habit of doing the same thing ronjohn. Drives me nuts. I finally told her I need two weeks notice. EEK! Haven't had a visit since.

Yes, its not unfamiliar scenario to me too. The animal "allergy" with my inlaws is actually intolerance and a way of trying to annoy me. And then there are the arguements about smoking in the house....

Most annoying was this summer, four days notice, but we had a party which we had to cancel (no way was my sil going to be rude to MY friends, lol) and a dinner party. The unannounced visit was reason number one for accepting a posting in Italy and leaving London, italy being even further from NYC, lol!

I hate, hate, hate, bringing in my courtyard plants - I should have done it before it got really cold - now that the dirt is warming up these big fat spiders are coming out - NASTY!!!! My fault though - and I do it every year. It's tradition when they call for the first freeze! lol Except this year my son isn't here to help me bring in the really big ones - waiting for DH to come home!

Drain Backed UP!

Last night made my first trip down to the basement. Don't know why sooner! But noticed horrible smell. Sure enough the drain was backed up and cannot believe what I had to clean up. when the drain backs up, is it only from your drain or could it be your neighbors mess you have to clean up? It is raining and we needed the rain and now it won't stop. I called the drain man and feel bad he has to work in this mess. I at least cleaned the opening in the basement which was a shock. It must have happened sometime yesterday because I was down there night before. What an absolute mess. Someone said to pour Clorox down there once a month. Just st ar ted putting it into practice and now this happens. I do appreciate someone who can stop this from continuing to back up.

pdswife

bet you been through this before, right? You described exactly what it looked like! Hope the toilet flushes it out in the drain. Too many have to use the pot. They don't want to mess with it. Since I find it it is up to me to take care of it. Such sweet considerate men.

Nope! And I think it's something I can live with out. I saw the inside of a septic tank once and that was close enough.

Good luck with getting it cleaned QUICKLY!!!!

OK, it has been a wonderful day so why am I having to vent? I'll tell you! I just got home from church & lunch with my parents & I had a huge box of halloween candy to get out of the trunk of my car. Well, I leaned in the trunk without making sure it was open all the way & whamed my head on the latch. I literally saw stars & black spots for about a miunte. Now I have a lump on the side of my head & a headache!!:wacko:

OUCH!! Ice and and afternoon of relaxing on the couch should be the plan for the day. Take care.

Oh, I hate things like that. They hurt beyond any bounds of reasonableness. Time for everyone else to give you a lot of TLC.

Thankd pds & Snoop! I tried to take a nap but between the dog chasing the kitten, the phone ringing, the wind blowing the witch around on my front door, & the kid from down the stree coming & ringing the doorbell to see if TC could come out to play, it didn't happen! My head is feeling better though, it just hurts if I touch it now & the headache is just a dull pain.

One of my favorite groups is the Rolling Stones. DH bought tickets to their concert in November for my birthday. The concert was just cancelled.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom