"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #3051
Certified Cake Maniac

I am not going to bore you with all the details of my vent except to say it involves a non-working car, stubborn inlaws who can't get it through their heads that I can't get comfortable in a car and need a van or something higher, a broken toilet, kids who can't pay rent or food money but are able to buy smokes and eat out whenever they please and a DH who in one breath complains about the fact we have no money and that I am still working when I am not well.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #3052
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I think that about says it all Laurie. : )

Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #3053
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Breathe in, breathe out Laurie.....
In with the good, out with the bad........
There.
Now go buy a punching bag!!!!!!
:)
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #3054
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks PDS and Suzie, I feel so much better now. It is amazing what a little venting, breathing and hitting a punching bag can do!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #3055
Master Chef

how mad as h..... you must be LP........go punch a pillow a few times or better yet use a hairbrush......scream, vent, cry.........believe me you'll feel better.........then go and have a calm sitdown with your kids and hubby and inform them of your new expectations..........no yelling........no screaming allowed......if kids can afford smokes and meals out they can afford to help out.......full stop........you need help with the bills if $$ is tight now......they can help out, too..........I hope and pray that all works out for you.......you don't need this added stress that's for sure.........
Old 07-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #3056
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am not going to bore you with all the details of my vent except to say it involves a non-working car, stubborn inlaws who can't get it through their heads that I can't get comfortable in a car and need a van or something higher, a broken toilet, kids who can't pay rent or food money but are able to buy smokes and eat out whenever they please and a DH who in one breath complains about the fact we have no money and that I am still working when I am not well.
I'm sorry!! Kids are stupid sometimes, that's for sure!! inlaws can be horrible sometimes too. Just come here and breathe!!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #3057
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Texas and Expat, your words really helped, as did a half decent night's sleep for a change. SIL washed all the towels last night, made the border's lunch and helped me prep some things for work today. DD watched TV. The in-laws are finally listening re vehicle and have agreed to look at the van we are interested in (they will loan us the money which is why they want to pick vehicle).

Here's hoping SIL goes job hunting today and DD goes back to work at Mickey D's to work off her two weeks notice before she starts her new job.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #3058
Master Chef

oh, that's great to hear LP----not trying to tell you what to do here but do talk to your sons about helping out more..........I know that they can...........and maybe it'll make them feel responsible for y'all........just a thought.........
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #3059
Chef Extraordinaire

Laurie,
kids are kids and sometimes they need a good swift kick in the pants..Can't help with the food but can light up..Every time they would light up here the old collection jar would come out and a buck would be inserted...Plus I'd sit them down and light into them.. roof over head , food, all the caring and loving while they were sick..I'd let them know you loved doing it but you are not door mats,plus it costs dollars and you do not like how you are being treated..I just did a go round with my oldest daughter and as much as I hated doing it. I did...Things are now smooth and back on track..Be firm and clear with them and DH do not let them treat you like this stand up for Laurie. Got that kiddo? Now here is a big ((((((((hug))))))
cj
Old 07-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #3060
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, CJ, I needed that (the hug and the advice). This is a super busy week but I will write you soon, promise. ((((((((((hug))))))))))) back!

Closed Thread