"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #301
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
texasgirl, i am so sorry to hear your story but unfortunately i can relate. maybe it is the texas man gene today - you are not alone girlfriend. i am sorry your heart is breaking, i know your pain. sometimes time heals things and i am hoping that will be the case with you. maybe your hubby had a bad day and took it out on you and your son. i hope things look up for you today. i wish there was something i could do or say to make you feel better, don't cry, it makes your eyes puffy (i look like a marshmallow this morning). pm me if you want, i wll be here for you girlfriend. 21 years is a long time, good and bad times both. you are a beautiful woman, mother and wife - inside and out - don't you ever forget it!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #302
Everymom

texasgirl, I'm so sorry you had a tough day. Sometimes you just want to give them a piece of your mind don't you? Hugs to you. I know you said you don't want to think about your anniversary, but WOW, 21 years is a HUGE accomplishment. Even if he is being a moron right now give him a kiss, you wouldn't have stayed for 21 years if there weren't some redeeming features in there somewhere.

(PS, take your son's AXE and toss it! Those stupid commercials are to blame for that overspraying!)

Old 02-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #303
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
texasgirl, I'm so sorry you had a tough day. Sometimes you just want to give them a piece of your mind don't you? Hugs to you. I know you said you don't want to think about your anniversary, but WOW, 21 years is a HUGE accomplishment. Even if he is being a moron right now give him a kiss, you wouldn't have stayed for 21 years if there weren't some redeeming features in there somewhere.

(PS, take your son's AXE and toss it! Those stupid commercials are to blame for that overspraying!)
I would, but, he's 20 years old. He came back home to save some money and get back on his feet.
I gave him a choice on that one this morning, so, that should be okay now, I hope. He just has to leave it in the car and spray it then.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #304
Everymom

GOOD! Why on earth do guys think if a little is good then a LOT is great. PEEEYEW!

Happy Anniversary Texasgirl. You have made a milestone many will never reach.

PS, my sister says the first 20 years are the toughest, maybe your hubby was just sending them out with a bang.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #305
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ooooh, Poor Texas... (((Hugs...))) Maybe your hubby had a real rotten day at work himself and at times like that one can be in a mood that it takes a slightest push to just jump over the edge... and I am pretty sure after all that your son learned some valuable lessons.
I hope the clouds lift and you two will have a lovely anniversary!! Alix is right, your marriage is based on such a solid foundation, don't let anything spoil a special day!!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #306
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Hoping you feel better... hubby is being mean! I hope it all gets straighten out and you don't cry any more... Feelings are fragile, and some people just don't realize it... but maybe hubby should take anger mangement or something...I can understand getting upset because your son was defient but all that yelling and cursing,is gonna give your hubby a cornary, really!
best wishes Texasgirl
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #307
Master Chef

Thanks ya'll. Thanks for your shoulders!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #308
Executive Chef

TG, I'm so sorry you had such a time. I don't understand why it seems so easy for some to fly off the handle sometime and make everyone miserable. I hope things are straightened out today and you are feeling much better. We all have problems at times and eventually get over them - so we can have more. Take care of yourself today and do something nice just for YOU!
Old 02-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #309
Executive Chef

My husband just invited practically the entire neighborhood over for dinner tonight!!!We are just two people, I shop for two people. Now I have to feed at least 10 people. What am I supossed to make? It's 12:30, dinner is at 6pm, I live 45 minutes from the nearest grocery store, 2 kids, I haven't showered, the house is a disaster zone! And the one thing I suggested to him, a ham from Costco that would be so easy to make and would feed a lot of people, he doesnt want!!! He wants "baked pasta and a huge salad." Do you realize how much work that is?!
Now that I've vented and taken some deep breaths, I'm off...
so much for my italian alps feast tonight too! that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #310
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
You deserve to VENT!!!

So vent away!

I'm sure you'll pull everything off perfectly though!!

MAKE HIM HELP!!!