"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #3101
Master Chef

Way cool, I am so happy for you!

Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #3102
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Thanks for the link, Mama! I was able to recover most of the pictures with that software. Any that got lost are ones I don't remember so I guess they don't matter anyway. But the blessing/wedding pictures and videos were all recovered. Guess this post should go in the smile thread.
Seeing you so happy, is one of the reasons I love DC so much and why the people here are as close and warm as my own family.

kadesma

Old 07-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #3103
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I have so much catching up to do here guys. I continue praying for everyone's needs. I just peaked in here a bit to let everyone know that Justin's surgery went very well, thank God. Pathology showed no cancerous cells and it was in fact, a thyroglossal duct cyst with a lot of infection. He's recovering very well.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #3104
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Great news Dina, continued success for you Son !!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #3105
Master Chef

Glad to hear that Justin's sugery went well and there was no cancer......that's a great celebration in itself..............if I knew how to post those cool pics where people are jumping up in the air and clappling their hands that's what you'd see now whatever you call them I would...............but you all know the computer-challenged lady from TX so I don't have to explain myself anymore...............forever computer challenged.......saw a documentary today on the history and evolution of the internet......Wow......how interesting........learned lots.....know that Bill Gates would never have made me his wife.............hahhaha...
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #3106
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I have so much catching up to do here guys. I continue praying for everyone's needs. I just peaked in here a bit to let everyone know that Justin's surgery went very well, thank God. Pathology showed no cancerous cells and it was in fact, a thyroglossal duct cyst with a lot of infection. He's recovering very well.
I'm so glad, Dina. I got worried that something was wrong when I hadn't seen you on here. I'm so very happy that I was wrong and it is all going good!!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #3107
Head Chef

OH that is great news Dina!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #3108
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thanks ya'll. The surgery took about half hour but with all the pre-op stuff they need to take care of first, it took over 2 hours. DH and I began to worry after the couple of hours. A sweet gal in the waiting room tracked Justin down and he remained in OR for a long while. Finally, we heard he was in phase 1 recovering. Since it was a late afternoon surgery, dr suggested an overnight stay at the hospital to keep him under observation as he started antibiotics due to all the infection scraped out. Ick! Justin did well and kept his sense of humor going asking for "Henry". He had named his cyst~"Henry". LOL Dr. Khetarpal told him he would deliver his baby (the cyst) but he could not take it home.

Now it's all about cleaning house and finishing 10 loads of laundry from the 2-week vacation we took prior to the surgery. Argh! My back is aching from so much cleaning but soon things will begin to feel normal here.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers for my boy. Many hugs and blessings to you all.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #3109
Certified Cake Maniac

Dina, I just saw this. I am so happy that Justin is doing well. I will continue to pray for his recovery, and for you.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 07-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #3110
Senior Cook

Two of my four dogs are ill... been cleaning up a. lot. of. "stuff." I have steam cleaned my rug four times in three days (barf), and hosed off dog butts and the lawn like thirty times... and don't get me started on how GASSY they are.... My avo tree is dropping fruit and sometimes the dogs get to them before I do, and it makes them sick... I need to have a guacamole party - a three day guacamole party...