"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #3131
Chef Extraordinaire
we talked about dad a long time ago,when you sent that beautiful tape of your daughter singing..You encouraged her to sing and she did it and it was beautiful..now take some of that and encourage yourself to wish your dad good health and that you care about and for him, then turn your attention to Jimmy and the life you two have shared..Seems to me he has been you support and the one who loves you with no strings, he just loves you and your family..That frees you to give your dad some affection and sooths away the hurt..Your dad has my prayers as does Jimmy, you and your family.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
Old 07-18-2008, 01:02 AM   #3132
Chef Extraordinaire
vicki, i'm sending ALL of my thoughts and energy to you and jimmy, and your dad, that everything goes well.

i'm glad you can see the larger picture in all of this. just try to keep that in focus.

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #3133
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm thinking of you Vicki and sending all of my prayers so that all goes well. Hugs to you dear.

Yesterday was another hard day for my son. He had a follow-up appt with the surgeon and got three needle aspirations done on the neck due to a lot of swelling. He has two incisions and got the stitches removed. He got lightheaded from the anxiety and pain (and so did I but I had to be strong for him). He goes back Monday morning again for more fluid removal. Argh! I wish post-surgeries were easier. I hate to see my boy go through pain. I hope Monday is easier on him.
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #3134
Executive Chef
Oh no, Dina! That poor boy has really been through it the past couple of months. I think it's especially hard for young men his age because they often feel like they have to "suck it up" and be macho. I really hope the swelling and fluid collection subsides this weekend. Keep us posted and give him a hug from me. One for you, too!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #3135
Executive Chef
Just look to the end Dina - it will be over soon and he will that much better for having had it all done.
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
Old 07-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #3136
Head Chef
I'm so sorry to hear about your son Dina. I think watching you child go through pain is worse than the pain itself. You just feel so helpless. I'll be praying for your son, you and the rest of your family.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #3137
Master Chef
please keep us posted.........:)
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #3138
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I'm praying for your son Dina, and for your family. Also for your situation Vicki.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #3139
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank you all. I'll keep you posted. Hugs and blessings,
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Old 07-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #3140
Master Chef
jake brought his deer's poor mug here & wants to hang him on my wall. he's out of his dagnabbin mind if he's gonna try to ruin my decor with a deer. not today!!

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
Closed Thread