"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #3151
Chef Extraordinaire

Charlie, so sorry to hear about your friend, prayers for him and all who need them.

kadesma

Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #3152
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I will pray for you and your friend's family. I'm so sorry.
My husbands sister was my best friend... she was killed in a car accident about five years ago at age 30....
you really do just never know, all you can do is live each day as if there is no second chance.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #3153
Sous Chef

So sorry Charlie..
Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #3154
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hugs to you Charlie.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #3155
Master Chef

Thank you everybody. I was so upset last night i couldn't even sleep. Poor wife and parents, how horible it must be for them. But you are right we never know. G-d gives, G-d takes... Thank you.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #3156
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm so sorry Charlie.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #3157
Sous Chef

So sorry, Charlie!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #3158
Executive Chef

New Vent

Dh and I have been arguing for the past three years about his eye sight he has been getting spots in his eyes and he swears he is OK and says he can see perfectly through the spots and that they are transparent a year ago he said they were around his eyes. I have tried to get him to the eye doctor but he refuses to go just as he refuses to go to any doctor. I don't know whats wrong with his eyes but I worry he will go blind. When I bring up the subject he turns the argument to my smoking. Tonight he is claiming he can see better than he ever did despite the spots. I threaten him with torture if he in fact goes blind ( just kidding) but dang it I can't get him to take it seriously. He is 65 years old I'm only 50. Even though he is 65 he is in pretty good shape he takes his morning walks and can hike the mountain trails here on the ranch with very little effort. Anybody know something about the spots that maybe I can scare him into going to the Optometrist?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #3159
Master Chef

The spots are probably "floaters" JPM and nothing to worry about.......not saying Mr. Hardhead shouldn't go and get his vision checked.....he should....if nothing else than to rule out glaucoma which the likelihood increases with age........now if he starts to see halos around lights that is a totally different steer to deal with........that definitely could be the signs of glaucoma.......I have had these "floaters" since my 30's........scared me to death the first time that I saw them but I'm a hypochondriac and not like your hubby.........your risk is esp. increased if you are near-sighted (see objects better closer up than farther away)...the doctor informed me that bits and pieces of your internal eye makeup tear away and float around......they are most notable when gazing upon white backgrounds and they'll come floating across ever so often......hence "floaters" and its name...........just annoying .......I have them, too.....

Maybe you can "guilt" him into going eventually..........:)
Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #3160
Chef Extraordinaire

sorry for your loss, charlie. i know how it feels. i had a friend just barely forty did from a heart attack. she was due here in three days for a visit. it happened in her shower and her husband came home and found her.

when i was forty, my friend , same age, as i was , died on the operating table for routine eye surgery. had an embolism and died. we had been friends since jr. high.

it hurts a lot . the best to you

babe