"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #3191
Chef Extraordinaire

Fantastic Dina, I figured things were more like your telling me now than they were last night..I got that you were really worked up and unhappy and I don't blame you..Thatis what makes a thread like this perfect. YOu can tell it like it is right now and it makes you get some release...Sounds like today is 100 times better..Good enjoy it mommy..of all of us you deserve it.

kadesma

Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #3192
Master Chef

dina, i was a stressful16-year old. my Parents just chose thier battles. your stressors would've been thier stressors, too. you chose a proper route. i am thier angelic daughter now at 27.
seriously, i should've been grounded from 14 till i was 20.

i'm glad stuff went so well afterwords with your kiddos! great job, dina!!

Old 08-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #3193
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
kades and expat, you 2 are THE BEST at talking us newer moms down from the ledge.
Thank you thank you both for being you.
:)
Old 08-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #3194
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
kades and expat, you 2 are THE BEST at talking us newer moms down from the ledge.
Thank you thank you both for being you.
:)
Thanks Suzi,
having been where you are now, and having children your age how can we not hold out our hands? When you meet someone and get to care for them, you are just there anytime they need you.

kades
Old 08-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #3195
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Thanks Suzi,
having been where you are now, and having children your age how can we not hold out our hands? When you meet someone and get to care for them, you are just there anytime they need you.

kades
Thank you too ladies. I love you both (Kades & Expat) for being there for me.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #3196
Master Chef

I wanted to leave at noon to go the funeral home and last minute hubby decides we should put the dog in a kennel since we would not be home until 11 pm tonight and tomorrow is the funeral and would be gone all day again. Now I have to wait until he returns and gets dressed to go to the funeral home. He didn't want to leave the dog in the house all day nor tied up outside . It's a 2 hr drive to the funeral home , if we don't get traffic and not get lost.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #3197
Master Chef

LC, that is just aggravating when you are ready to get on the road and something comes up like that. He couldn't have planned to do that before?? If it had been planned, it wouldn't be bad.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #3198
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
LC, that is just aggravating when you are ready to get on the road and something comes up like that. He couldn't have planned to do that before?? If it had been planned, it wouldn't be bad.
He always does this , last minute stuff.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #3199
Executive Chef

Unhappy Can someone talk me down off the ledge please!

I was just hired as a lead teacher at a school and the teacher who was to be my assistant (whom has been there only 5 months herself) obviously was not happy for my being there. She does not have what is needed to be a lead herself and in her words has no desire to acheive what is needed yet in her mind she IS the lead. In my first two days of getting aquainted and observing their routine, what I observed was how sloppy, unprofesional, and lazy she was! Circle time consisted of one book being read, and asking what day it was then telling the kids to go play! All she did all day was sit and make snide sarcastic comments to the kids all day or chit chat with her friends. Any questions I asked of her were answered in one word answers and then dismissed by walking away. Now I consider myself to be VERY easy going and open mided but this was too much! As well as every chance she got she was stepping out real quick for this or that that always ended up being a gossip fest in someones doorway.
With in a couple of days I thought maybe I should just step up and start speaking of wanting to get started on the planning of Septembers displays and lesson plans, I made a particular suggestion for an idea on the cubbie labels...her short and sharp response..."I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet" and walked away....
as the day went on she was walking around whispering to every teacher possible and if I came near, sudden silence. This was nothing I even wanted to to bother with...I would rather assist for someone else than to deal with her! So I went to the directors office, suggested I would be of better use elswhere, and that was that. No questions asked! Alot of eyebrows raised but I am not here to play battle of the wills with a know-it-all teeny bopper (sorry thats what she acts like!)
I really am currious to see what they do with that class because they said it wasn't a problem due to the class was in ratio but they weren't mentioning the fact she is not qualified to be a lead by far.
Many of the other teachers seem to have the same mentality as her, act as if everything is a bother and don't want to be there... I wish I could just scream "Then why are you here??" I seem to be looked down upon when asked of my experience and they come to find out I have over 8 yrs...is that too much for their liking??

Also I don't want to just leave to find a different school because my 1 1/2 yr old DD also attends there and I took her out of a school 2 months ago because I was not happy with her care, plus I am happy with the teacher she will be moving up to in the very near future. So any decissions I make will also involve her..... and of course it would be rediculous to miss out on tuition discount by me working at one school and her attending another!!

And now today I had to call off because my daughter had a fever of 101, and when I called in I got the nastiest attitude. I know they are not short staffed and they know something is going around so what am I suppose to do?? Bring my 1 yr old in with a fever and completely congested?? Seems I can't win with anything these days!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #3200
Master Chef

Ok, had I been hired as the LEAD and she was suppose to be the assistant, that put's you as her leader as well. If she isn't doing what an assistant is suppose to do, then go and ask for another assistant. She was testing you to see if you would take the lead and I'm afraid that you showed her you were not going to. That is probably what happens to anyone that goes into that room. Sounds like she is a bully and maybe, the others are too, or are just going along with her.
Take the lead and make the assistant assist YOU with YOUR choices for the class, not the other way around. Maybe your lead will make others do the sameYou sound like you know what you want and can do, do it and to heck with the gossip mongers.
I hope you don't take that wrong, because, it wasn't meant to be that way. It's just that sometimes, someone looking in will get a different perspective of it.