"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #3201
Executive Chef

All perspectives are welcome that is why I posted.....I think her problem was the teacher who was lead before was a close friend of hers and she wasn't happy that she left but with her leaving I think she expected to be the lead in place of her wich she in essence was for about a week or so. But she either doesnt understand or does not care that it is illegal for her to run the class alone. The reason why I left the class instead of putting her in her place was because I saw what type of person she was going to be like to work with (very simular to the last teacher I taught with before for 3 yrs and I was miserable) and it just wasn't worth it. I'm not there for the title but to teach, and I know I could not be relaxed and enjoy my work while being around someone who cared more about all the he said she said than the well being of the kids and how we could bring the most to their days.
The teacher I am being placed with is very nice but I'm afraid I'm not done dealing with the wrath of the fellow teachers (exp. two teachers asked if I was married to my DD father and when I said not yet but we live together they straight walked away snickering and giggling with out another word.....are we the students here...??)

Old 08-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #3202
Master Chef

omg, that is just rediculous. How childish some people are. It's really sad that you have to deal with that!! I have been in companies that have miserable people like that. Their trouble is that they are not happy in their sorry lives and have to make others feel bad. I wish you luck and I hope you are able to ignore them and teach your kids well. The school, I hope, will recognize this.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #3203
Executive Chef

Looks like I just have to take it one day at a time and just do what I have to do......unfortunately I think what I am facing is a group of women who are all under the age of 23 except 2 teachers and they really have no plans to be there long. I just feel like the majority of the people I am meeting lately (not just at this school) have just been not nice people, in fact just flat out rude and I am starting to wonder if its me!......I feel like I have sucker stamped on my forehead!

Anyways thanks for letting me vent....with fiance in Iraq my one yr old is my olny set of ears these days, and to be honest her advice isn't always sound.....

Old 08-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #3204
Master Chef

Jeez, next time one of the village idiots snickers, ask them what is the reason behind it. If they say something about your living arrangements, ask them where their husband/whatever is. When they say where, just look at them pitifully, as if sad for them and say, wow, mine is defending your right to be here, LOL. Maybe that would shut them up!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #3205
Executive Chef

That is so true and thanks for helping me see the brighter side!

You know I don't consider myself old at all normally (31) but there I feel ancient!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #3206
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Dee,
It's very hard to work with envious people like that. Unfortunately, they're everywhere we just have to learn to live with them. Stick to your plans dear. Don't let anyone spoil your career.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #3207
Executive Chef

Thanks Dina, I've always known people like that are everywhere but it just seems lately we have been surrounded by them and its been getting harder and harder to find people we can let our guard down around and not worry about finding a knife in our backs the second we turn around.....we are even getting it currently from our "best friends" and even our families! The day before my DF left for Iraq his family left a VERY NASTY message on his phone all because we were invited to a restaurant/jazz club for his sisters b-day and another sister was not told about it......we didnt do the inviting and it was something the younger sister didnt enjoy anyways...but somehow the blame was all put on us and now we/me is ruining the family! The day before he was to leave, cussing and yelling at him as if we don't have more important things to stress about right now!!!! I'm sorry its been building up.....I've just been getting so fed up with people not caring about anything but what pleases them lately!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #3208
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
aw deelady, people really do suck dont they? this is HIS own family before he ships off?? thats horrible.
I really have a hard time with people these days too. Everything else is someone else's fault, no accountability.
Ok now I feel old!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #3209
Executive Chef

Deelady - keep strong, we will provide your support - feel free to vent whenever you need to. You will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #3210
Executive Chef

Half the time I WISH it were MY own fault so I can see the light and fix the problem or at least apologise for the situation, but when you are absolutely sure you did nothing wrong then what.....it gets old turning the other cheek! I'm running out of cheeks!!

And thanks for the kind words you guys, that is why I come here because I know there IS still a pocket of good caring people out there....

Closed Thread