"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:59 AM   #3221
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
...You know guys. I certainly feel that a lot of other people have it worse than us. I met a lady that approached me and my daughter at WalMart the other day. I was snack shopping for the kids (which was quite a buy of snacks) and she and her 13 year old son approached me. They looked very humble and needy and the lady asked if I would be willing to hire her to clean my house, car or garden in order for her to make money to buy school supplies for her son. She said that her son was very embarrassed that she was approaching people for help but that she had no other way. I felt horrible for her and took her number to call her soon. I think I will call just to offer her some stuff the kids have left behind or a bit of money to help her kid. I have not stopped thinking about her and their situation. I feel blessed. Just wanted to share.
I love your kind and gentle nature. You have such a good heart.

Barbara

Old 08-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #3222
Master Chef

awww, dina, that brought tears to my eyes. you're so sweet.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #3223
Chef Extraordinaire

my puter is doing it again. can't use spell check or use smilies. when i type name it appears next to text instead of below.what do u think it is. site or me. tried going out and back in. no helpbabe
Old 08-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #3224
Master Chef

not a good day . so far I stepped on glass with my barefeet, jabbed a thumb getting flatware out of the dishwasher, knocked over a tray that had cornmeal in it onto the floor, then had to sweep up the mess. dryer hose came apart so hubby has to get a new part for it.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #3225
Senior Cook

Dina, I hope you can help the lady and her son out. It's nice of you to think of them :)
Old 08-22-2008, 04:41 AM   #3226
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
kades and expat, you 2 are THE BEST at talking us newer moms down from the ledge.
Thank you thank you both for being you.
:)
Thanks, SuzieQ, I just got back from having some medical tests done out of country.....sorry had no time to reply and have really missed DC.......I think all is ok but we'll see.....hey, I've been on that ledge, too, at times along with most moms, but you'll find that as time goes on your kids will grow up and will do well despite your best efforts to mess them up....... just breathe thru it and I totally agree about kades' wise and long experience....she had 5...his and hers no less.......don't jump off yet.......
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 AM   #3227
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
not a good day . so far I stepped on glass with my barefeet, jabbed a thumb getting flatware out of the dishwasher, knocked over a tray that had cornmeal in it onto the floor, then had to sweep up the mess. dryer hose came apart so hubby has to get a new part for it.
OMG, one of those days!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear!!!!!!! Hope all is down to normal and you've gone on a long walk thru the woods with your camera and have snapped some soothing nature pics.........imagine my surprise when I got up one morning to be greeted by a flooded hallway from the washer......phone was jangling from DH's office wanting to know where I was the evening before.........I was in bed.........the water cascaded into the flat below us and into their closets......what a mess.......I had turned on the washer before going to bed.......and apparently the hose had come loose and water was everywhere.....I could have cried.......our company had to pay for the damage done to the apt. below us......that was the last time I ever left that behemoth by itself......no kidding it takes 4 hours to do one tiny load of laundry............it's ridiculous.......hang in there, LC
Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #3228
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
ouch. doesn't sound like a good day at all
Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #3229
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Expat,
I will pray that your results come back negative. I was wondering where you were; glad you're back with us.

LC,
I hope you're having a better day. I have those off days quite often. What helps is locking myself in a room to be alone while I take a nice warm cup of chamomile tea, or any relaxing tea. Take a breather moment for yourself then go back to it.

I was going to vent out about my moods this morning, but reading your posts here, I will refrain. I know my moods are not from pms. I'm beginning to worry that it might be pre-menopause symptoms...ick!!! I'm hoping it's only what we all go through ~ needing a moment ALONE.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #3230
Master Chef

Thanks, Dina, I hope so, too.........I'm sure that all will work out fine......did accept you as a friend no matter what the internet says.............glad to have you on board.......debs