"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #3231
Executive Chef

Hope everyones day gets better....sounds like a doozy for everyone!

How you feeling Expat? doing ok?

Dina please keep us updated if you speak to that woman again, although if she is swallowing her pride enough to get out there and do what ever needed to get her son what he needs then I'm sure they will get through these hard times! God be with them.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #3232
Chef Extraordinaire

guess i vented to the right person. a while back i ordered pizza from a place i have used for thirty years.

lets just say it was awful. called spoke to mgn. and he said would send me a coupon for another. he did not.

called this evening and spoke to a different mgn. and he sent me out a fresh hot pizza on the spot. was perfect and was my dinner.

the noisy wheel gets taken care of i guess.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:41 AM   #3233
Master Chef

oh, believe me the squeaky wheel usually does get taken care of.........when patients started to complain about their long waits (some of these docs double and tripled booked every 15 minutes (I know....I took care of their apptmt books at lunch!!!) it was the patients who complained that got sent back ahead of anyone else.......will never forget a bigwig real estate agent whose first comment to me was.....Hi, I'm so and so and tell Dr. $$$$ office that I'll be da....d if I'll wait......her assertiveness just tickled me.....I called his office (I was the receptionist at the time) and I repeated word for word what she had told me in front of her......she smiled at my cheekiness.....but the office told me to send her RIGHT BACK........
Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #3234
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
Hope everyones day gets better....sounds like a doozy for everyone!

How you feeling Expat? doing ok?

Dina please keep us updated if you speak to that woman again, although if she is swallowing her pride enough to get out there and do what ever needed to get her son what he needs then I'm sure they will get through these hard times! God be with them.
Thanks, deelady, everything is fine.....not feeling ill.......just female problems.......should hear something soon.......KZ is just not the place to have tests run so I had to go to the UK..........
Old 08-23-2008, 02:22 AM   #3235
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
oh, believe me the squeaky wheel usually does get taken care of.........when patients started to complain about their long waits (some of these docs double and tripled booked every 15 minutes (I know....I took care of their apptmt books at lunch!!!) it was the patients who complained that got sent back ahead of anyone else.......will never forget a bigwig real estate agent whose first comment to me was.....Hi, I'm so and so and tell Dr. $$$$ office that I'll be da....d if I'll wait......her assertiveness just tickled me.....I called his office (I was the receptionist at the time) and I repeated word for word what she had told me in front of her......she smiled at my cheekiness.....but the office told me to send her RIGHT BACK........
i am guilty of that as well. if i have to wait more that fifteen minutes, i complain. i arrived on time and if i didn't he wouldn't take me. usually that does the trick. i am old and don't care what they think of me.

babe
Old 08-23-2008, 05:36 AM   #3236
Master Chef

Good for you, Babe!!! I'll wait 45 minutes before I complain but I don't have an outside job to go to either so I'm a bit more flexible.......this real estate agent was busy......she had signs all over Houston......her time was important and valuable to her and her Dr. was guilty of double and triple booking patients every 15 minutes......go Vonnie go......anytime she came in thereafter she was sweet as pie to me.....and I knew to call her Dr.'s office......too funny.....
Old 08-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #3237
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm feeling so sad. Tomorrow is my youngest's first day in kindergarten and I'm going to miss him so much. I already feel so lonely. Is this feeling normal? I didn't feel this way with my older kids.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 AM   #3238
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I'm feeling so sad. Tomorrow is my youngest's first day in kindergarten and I'm going to miss him so much. I already feel so lonely. Is this feeling normal? I didn't feel this way with my older kids.
Of course it's normal..He is your baby..I remember when my littlest left for that first day..It was terrible..But then I decided to make her favorite cookies for her and it turned into four kinds of cookies one kind for each of the kids..When they came home we put down a blanket and had cookies and milk and talked about the first day of class and the teacher..Then I shooe'd them outside to play til dinner..My lttle one came in and gave me a big hug and a kiss and ran back outside to play..Things were alright after that..Just small twinges as things progressed and school became an everyday thing...
Now my baby teaches 4th. grade and has two babies of her own..My Ethan and Olivia It will get easier Dina as you watch how he grows and changes.. Just make sure to give him a big hug coming and going...
kades
Old 08-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #3239
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Of course it's normal..He is your baby..I remember when my littlest left for that first day..It was terrible..But then I decided to make her favorite cookies for her and it turned into four kinds of cookies one kind for each of the kids..When they came home we put down a blanket and had cookies and milk and talked about the first day of class and the teacher..Then I shooe'd them outside to play til dinner..My lttle one came in and gave me a big hug and a kiss and ran back outside to play..Things were alright after that..Just small twinges as things progressed and school became an everyday thing...
Now my baby teaches 4th. grade and has two babies of her own..My Ethan and Olivia It will get easier Dina as you watch how he grows and changes.. Just make sure to give him a big hug coming and going...
kades
Very good advice!

Barbara
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #3240
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Oh it's so hard Kades. I can't stop crying right now. Just dropped him off and couldn't stop hugging and kissing him. I made sure he was situated in the classroom before I left him. I had to rush out, I might add, because I needed to drop off my daughter at school too. As much as I tried to make her feel at ease (because she is starting middle school) she was shaking from nerves. Justin was also starting high school. Thank God for husbands as he took care of him today. They're all in a new school, new surroundings and teachers. I'm feeling all the anxiety and nerves for all of them. Sigh! I will be okay. I just need a moment to take it all in.

Closed Thread