"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #3241
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Dina, I said a little prayer for you, and that the kids all have a great day (and year!) in school.

Barbara

Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #3242
Master Chef

Just hang on Dina, it will be okay. They are all in a new school, BUT, they have the same friends, right? That alone will help them.
I remember my youngest first day, oh lord, I can laugh now. I was ready to cry, but, guess what, HE's the one that cried. He wouldn't go in the room at all, lol. It took a good 45 minutes for him to settle down and watch what was going on. Once he calmed down and saw the others coloring and the teacher talking to them, he SLOWLY went in with her and looked back at me and waved. Man, by the time I left, I was just happy to get outta there, lol. He came home and was non stop chatter for the rest of the day telling me about his new friends and what they did that day. He was ready to go back, lol. That lasted about 1/2 the year, lol.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #3243
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
...He was ready to go back, lol. That lasted about 1/2 the year, lol.
Around Thanksgiving, Nancy said she had learned enough! LOL Fortunately she loved school (she was--still is--a social butterfly, needed to be with her friends) and she didn't become a kindergarten drop-out!

Barbara
Old 08-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #3244
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Oh it's so hard Kades. I can't stop crying right now. Just dropped him off and couldn't stop hugging and kissing him. I made sure he was situated in the classroom before I left him. I had to rush out, I might add, because I needed to drop off my daughter at school too. As much as I tried to make her feel at ease (because she is starting middle school) she was shaking from nerves. Justin was also starting high school. Thank God for husbands as he took care of him today. They're all in a new school, new surroundings and teachers. I'm feeling all the anxiety and nerves for all of them. Sigh! I will be okay. I just need a moment to take it all in.
Before you know it, it will be time to go pick him up and then the others will come bursting in to tell you about their day...Just wait mom, the smiles will come as soon as the babies come home...I know how you feel, I'm a little teary this morning because Cade was here last night and wanted to stay but couldn't and left crying..so do a few thing around the house and get ready for your babies to come home..Got any cookies and milk?
kades
Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #3245
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank you for your comfort Barb and Stacy. I love you guys. I'm better now. Talked to Mom on the phone and she also said everything will be alright. Hopefully, I will start getting some calls from the school to substitute and be closer to my little one. I will let you all know how my kiddos did on their first day of school later. I've got some errands to do and catch up on cleaning up the house.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #3246
Master Chef

Why is it...

Every time hubby cooks his eggs, it stinks up the house and makes me nauseous but when I cook eggs , the house does not stink and I don't get nauseous ? He likes his eggs sunny side up, when I cook eggs, it is usually scrambled, or an omelet. He uses olive oil , I use butter. Right now the house reeks . It's not bad oil because I've use the oil in other cooking.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #3247
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
It might be because no matter what he does you're going to have that reaction

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #3248
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
It might be because no matter what he does you're going to have that reaction
hmm I wonder. It happens only when he cooks those eggs . Why he is cooking now when he had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Not only that, he got the frying pan I threw out , said he didn't feel like looking under the cabinet for the other fry pan.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #3249
Sous Chef

Wow, ladycook, I could have written your post! lol!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #3250
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Closed Thread