"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #3251
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
hmm I wonder. It happens only when he cooks those eggs . Why he is cooking now when he had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Not only that, he got the frying pan I threw out , said he didn't feel like looking under the cabinet for the other fry pan.
here I go again! what kind of frying pan do you like best? I have cast iron one that is starting to get VERY old and I want different one. Tell me what you prefer and I will get it. Not one with coating on it though.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #3252
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Before you know it, it will be time to go pick him up and then the others will come bursting in to tell you about their day...Just wait mom, the smiles will come as soon as the babies come home...I know how you feel, I'm a little teary this morning because Cade was here last night and wanted to stay but couldn't and left crying..so do a few thing around the house and get ready for your babies to come home..Got any cookies and milk?
kades
Christopher seemed a bit tired when I picked him up from school so he didn't talk too much. He did mention that he liked his kinder class and the teacher was nice. Later, he told my daughter that he wanted to cry when I left him there but he held back so he wouldn't be embarrassed. He fell asleep in the car during the time I was picking up my son from high school and daughter from middle school. Poor baby. It will take him some time to get used to the new schedule. The older kiddos loved their teachers and classes. My daughter seems the most excited about her classes ~ she's always loved school. No more nerves for them, I hope. I did have the cookies and milk ready for them and that made it all better.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #3253
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Christopher seemed a bit tired when I picked him up from school so he didn't talk too much. He did mention that he liked his kinder class and the teacher was nice. Later, he told my daughter that he wanted to cry when I left him there but he held back so he wouldn't be embarrassed. He fell asleep in the car during the time I was picking up my son from high school and daughter from middle school. Poor baby. It will take him some time to get used to the new schedule. The older kiddos loved their teachers and classes. My daughter seems the most excited about her classes ~ she's always loved school. No more nerves for them, I hope. I did have the cookies and milk ready for them and that made it all better.
Poor baby he expended so much energy trying not to cry and then having to learn the do's and don'ts. give him a couple of days and he will get the hang of it and things will change...Then he will be a chatter box and not fall asleep because there will be so much to share..And kudo's to you for the milk and cookies, you are a great mom..Now relax , give yourself a hug and smile ya got through the day..And so did the kids

kades
Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #3254
Sous Chef

The smell is most likly coming from the egg white part being cooked. I know when I heat up egg whites at work or over cook them at home they kidna stink.

Have him lover the heat to alittel bit higher then medium. make the pan hot. with the little bit of oil (i prefer butter) dump in the egg and if the top he is looking tocook he can cover it to cook the top part.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #3255
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
It might be because no matter what he does you're going to have that reaction

I came in here to say that.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #3256
Master Chef

eggs again

hubby is making his smelly eggs again.. I watched him trying to flip the eggs over and of course he missed and made a mess. I never saw anyone flipping sunny side up eggs over in one flip , you know , flipping the pan ?
He should stick to using a spatula.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #3257
Chef Extraordinaire

Tell him to practice flipping using a slice of bread...it want make a mess.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 08-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #3258
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
hubby is making his smelly eggs again.. I watched him trying to flip the eggs over and of course he missed and made a mess. I never saw anyone flipping sunny side up eggs over in one flip , you know , flipping the pan ?
He should stick to using a spatula.
Being male I should probably keep my mouth shut....and I will!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #3259
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
So yesterday was open house for my son's 3rd grade class.
We had a short parent's meeting, and among topincs the teacher tells us that sometime during the year they will switch the kids from chairs to those big exercise balls.... like they are doing in some offices.... they tested it last year in a few classes and it went "great".
Is this not asking for some kids (like mine that can't sit still... where'd he get that from???) to get into trouble? Just because the schools of this day and age seems to think it is thier job to get the overweight kids more exercise?????
Yes I am aware discipline is needed and he is disciplined PLENTY......

Then she goes on to tell us that teachers, due to funding for more personnell, are going to have to monitor playground and lunch themselves, rather than the helpers hired by the district..... leaving no "extra" time to stay behind with a kid needing catch up help.
Excuse me?
Amid all these computers and wireless headsets she is speaking on, exercise balls they've purchased, gizmos and gadjets galore..... they have no money in the school system for people? Wonder why?
I'm sorry but I think I learned quite well with pencils and paper....
THis has me really upset. Can ya tell?
I could go on..... but I will be shutting up now.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #3260
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk View Post
Not all scorpions a poisonous. We have what's called wood scorpions around here. They are not real big & the sting feels like a bad bee sting. I've been stung before but it's always a shock!

I think I need to whole bottle!

I thought so too (poisonous scorpions) until I was stung by one in Texas. I felt fine until they told me " You should be okay, but if you start to feel sick, you need to go to the hospital" Wouldn't you know it, as soon as they said that I started to feel sick!

My Vent - House Buying - What a Headache!