"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #3301
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Laurie Laurie Laurie
what are we going to do with you? I think you need a spanking!!!!

Get better quickly!!!!
Well, at least you are a little more humane that your co-hort Suzi who wanted to kick my bad leg!

I really appreciate everyone's wishes. Yes, I agree, I think I have had enough and it is about time I just feel better!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #3302
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Well, you know what NIKE says "JUST DO IT"

Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #3303
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I was raised with lots of books, and when we couldn't afford to buy them, I spent every Saturday (my choice) at the library.

Not only do many of the kids in our area not have books at home, their families don't subscribe to magazines or newspapers, and many don't have the basic "school supplies" that most kids have at home, such as crayons, glue, scissors, etc. Some have to bring their pencils home from school so that they can do their homework.

Barbara
I grew up with a lot of books we lived a block away from the Library and read many books as in those days we did not have a million tv channels or internet etc. In those days I read all the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Wizard of Oz series etc plus many, many more I loved reading as that was really all we had. On weekends I would stay up till 2 PM just reading because I just could not put the book down.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #3304
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks Everyone. I really appreciate all your support and prayers. I am off for my second round of antibiotic. I had another mostly sleepless night....I thought those were over with! Anyways, hopefully I can nap when I get home.
Get this if you can Emergen-C and the
Zand Insure Herbal T Inc. 2Oz - SMARTbomb.com Zand Insure Herbal these two are incredible at building up your immunity. Dh and I take have taken the vitamin c every day for years and just do not get sick we take the second one when a virus is running around for an extra boost. Trust me it's good stuff. Yogurt with live acidophilus culture is also good as it will replace the good bacteria in your system that the antibiotics have killed in your system. Try it, you will be surprised how well it works
Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #3305
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Well, at least you are a little more humane that your co-hort Suzi who wanted to kick my bad leg!

I really appreciate everyone's wishes. Yes, I agree, I think I have had enough and it is about time I just feel better!

AHEM!!!
I do believe I suggested you kick your OWN knee....
I would not be the kicker in this situation!!!
Sheesh what do you think of me, kickin' a woman when she's down???
Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #3306
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
...Sheesh what do you think of me, kickin' a woman when she's down???
Hey, that's the best time. She couldn't chase you!

Just kidding of course!

Barbara
Old 09-04-2008, 02:14 AM   #3307
Master Chef

hahahaha! y'all are too much.........
Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #3308
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I grew up with a lot of books we lived a block away from the Library and read many books as in those days we did not have a million tv channels or internet etc. In those days I read all the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Wizard of Oz series etc plus many, many more I loved reading as that was really all we had. On weekends I would stay up till 2 PM just reading because I just could not put the book down.

Hardy boys - boy does that take me back - I had forgotten about them.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #3309
Master Chef

me, too,........read all of Louisa May Alcott's books, Little Women, Little Men, Eight Cousins, Rose in Bloom, and as I got older anything and everything.........my husband is the same way as well as our daughter.......she started with the books and classics that I had on hand then moved way ahead of me........sorry I just don't relax with a dead philosopher........don't care what he had to say........but it sure helped her in debate to be well-read.....one of the best gifts that I ever bought her was a book of famous quotations.....she uses it all the time......
Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #3310
Master Chef

Oldest son has now been fired, so, I have two guys, no vehicle and no job!!!!!!
I need a drink!!