"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #3311
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Oldest son has now been fired, so, I have two guys, no vehicle and no job!!!!!!
I need a drink!!
Stacy, I thought you had a new job? What the heck happened?Heavens girl, I'm so sorry..You have prayers and good thoughts and what the heck was the kid doing to get fired...? Your drink of choice is?
kades

Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #3312
Certified Cake Maniac

Dear Stacy, my heart goes out to you. I can't offer you a drink but will sure keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #3313
Certified Cake Maniac

Good news - my blood levels show that the infection inside the leg is minimal. Bad news - doctor wants IV treatment to continue until Monday morning when he will do all the tests again and is still considering operating to make sure the joint site is clear. This means a weekend of getting up at 6 to be at the hospital by 7 and then making the trip again 12 hours later. Both DH and I are running on adrenaline as it is. The pain is still intense and they have had to move my IV site so between that and all the blood tests my arms are feeling like pin cushions. My physio therapy has been put back another week and I am still not able to keep much food down.

If I had realized I would be going through all this I think I would have kept the old knee. But I know that is really just the frustration talking and it will all be better soon. It is just hard to be making so much progress only to have it backslide.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #3314
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Stacy, I thought you had a new job? What the heck happened?Heavens girl, I'm so sorry..You have prayers and good thoughts and what the heck was the kid doing to get fired...? Your drink of choice is?
kades
I'm sorry, I said it wrong, I'm not without the job, the brats are. And, no, I haven't found one yet. Thanks cj, I think will take a melon colada!!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #3315
Executive Chef

Sorry about your boys problems Stacy as I know they become your problems - even more so than the boys'!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #3316
Executive Chef

Laurie, I know the regime is tough but if you get good results, the doc may not open you up again which would be good.

Re the acidopholous comments, I have been taking the largest dose of acidopholous (in a capsule) that I can get over here for years as all the treatments and drugs I have been on since getting kidney failure have played havoc with my guts. I think they are good but when you are on the really strong AB's, nothing really works.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #3317
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman View Post
Hardy boys - boy does that take me back - I had forgotten about them.
There also was the Bobbsy Twins (sp?) I also read all the classics like Arabian Nights and many more I do not even remember. When I was even younger I read all the Hans Christian Anderson and Grimm's Brothers. I remember when I was about nine years old in Germany and finding my Christmas presents I read every book in secret that were my gifts. I had to act very surprised Xmas day when I got them.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #3318
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Good news - my blood levels show that the infection inside the leg is minimal. Bad news - doctor wants IV treatment to continue until Monday morning when he will do all the tests again and is still considering operating to make sure the joint site is clear. This means a weekend of getting up at 6 to be at the hospital by 7 and then making the trip again 12 hours later. Both DH and I are running on adrenaline as it is. The pain is still intense and they have had to move my IV site so between that and all the blood tests my arms are feeling like pin cushions. My physio therapy has been put back another week and I am still not able to keep much food down.

If I had realized I would be going through all this I think I would have kept the old knee. But I know that is really just the frustration talking and it will all be better soon. It is just hard to be making so much progress only to have it backslide.
You're going to be fine..Infections are a pain in the keester,but they do go away.. And the pain and trouble you qre having now is nothing to what it was before..put up with it like I'm doing with the center nurses bless their dark hearts you are healing.I'm saying a little prayer that you heal faster and very soon..Rest easy...
kades
Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 AM   #3319
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
...put up with it like I'm doing with the center nurses bless their dark hearts ...
All the memories came flooding back with that statement! One nurse was so painful that I just started to avoid her at all costs. She ended up saying to my doctor that I was likely to self-harm!!! What a load of....!!! I ended up with a different nurse after that! And before her there were the haemo nurses who thought that making you cramp or pass out was an ideal way to teach you not to drink! That only worked as long as it took me to work out how to stop the machine!! Some think that because your kidneys don't work your brain has ceased to function too. They needed to have another anatomy lecture or two methinks!! Hang in there Kadesma. There are lots of good ones out there.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #3320
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
All the memories came flooding back with that statement! One nurse was so painful that I just started to avoid her at all costs. She ended up saying to my doctor that I was likely to self-harm!!! What a load of....!!! I ended up with a different nurse after that! And before her there were the haemo nurses who thought that making you cramp or pass out was an ideal way to teach you not to drink! That only worked as long as it took me to work out how to stop the machine!! Some think that because your kidneys don't work your brain has ceased to function too. They needed to have another anatomy lecture or two methinks!! Hang in there Kadesma. There are lots of good ones out there.
Thanks Bilby, the hemo nurses I got were all so nice and caring they would go out of their way for us..Of course my bringing cookies once a week helped j/k they were all wonderful..It's the peritonel nurses that make me see red..There is one who will not look at me, but at my DH as if he's my keeper and I'm very close to saying something...They have
been having a lot of perotonitis and of course ol dummy her has had 3 episodes of contamination soooo all that is going on is my fault..right I gave everyone peritonitis,sunuck into their homes at night i did and spread it around... Dh kind of let her have it saying do you suppose that some got it HERE, she turned pale and next thing I know, I get to show them I know how to connect and disconect.. punishment for being so smarty..I did let them know that the little trained monkey only gives one show..after that go chase yourself so we shall see what comes next..
kades