"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #3351
Master Chef

luvs, this is why I'm still concerned about my niece........as gently as I could I probed her for details and she admitted that she never has gotten counseling........the only reason her mother (my "sister") found out was because she discovered her in the act.........of course Miss Control Freak gave her the riot act but didn't seek counseling for her.......yep, a real piece of work and probably in denial.......and gave her more of a reason.......

Old 09-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #3352
Executive Chef

Shocked

Just ret urned to class after 3 months and gal there has lost 120lbs. since last September. She is attending class and walking between 5-10 MILES a day! do you think someone can do this?! She looks outstanding and doesn't look like the same person. Can someone overdo exercise? She is great person and I feel that fact that her 5 year old granddaughter has brain cancer that is inoperable has a whole lot to do with this. Some kind of internal stress can drive one to do things normally cannot even talk about. The whole scenario breaks my heart. This just seems lot of weight in one year. She tells me she is under doctor's care and has stopped taking most of the medication 8 bottles down to 2. Life! Each day is struggle around here. Except the one brother I take care of he claims he is accepting what he is given. Claims he likes it under his 'rock'.

Have safe day!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #3353
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Oh, my heart goes out to the 5 year old granddaughter. Prayers go out to your niece also Expat. I feel that as long as we keep a close lookout and seek professional help for our loved ones, wheather it's a family or friends, they are very well on their way to recovery.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #3354
Master Chef

Thanks, Dina........and I have the same sentiments, In the Kitchen, my granddaughter is 5, too! How sad for her..........
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #3355
Executive Chef

The heartache is this grandmother wears t-shirts when she is in class with picture and asking for prayer for this beautiful little girl. Surely a reminder how blessed we are to have the life we do. As you say, only 5 years old!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #3356
Everymom

Really quite a minor vent in light of all the stuff posted lately.

I am sick to bloody death of people trying to ram information down my throat and telling me I'd better like it. I'm put in mind of Chuck Norris saying, "If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you."

I really don't care for people telling me how wonderful and talented and amazing they are. And I really don't care to feel bullied. Thats not a word I use lightly either.

One of the things I prize most about this place is the fact that we all treat each other with respect and its a haven, a place I want to come to. I like to come to see what everyone is doing, and I feel like we are a family here. Thank you to all of you who share your lives with me every day. I cherish you all. And thanks for listening to my very minor vent. I know it was petty, but I needed to get it out before it festered anymore.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #3357
Executive Chef

A vent is a vent, no need for apologies! That is why this thread was started right? To get things off your chest.....if it was bothering you then it was not too minor!

That would be awesome if you did say that quote to the "bully"

Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #3358
Everymom

Deelady, I started this thread way back when because I frequently need to just get it off my chest. Thankfully, there is always someone here to listen.

And as for the bully, well, yes I have said my piece. I've tried to be awfully polite about it too. I really want to say some rude and nasty things, but have decided that would just make ME look bad so I'll stick with what I've said and continue on my merry way.

Honestly though, it really does get me bent out of shape to have folks treat me (and everyone really) like we ought to be kneeling at the feet of greatness.

Thanks for letting me get that little bit of snottiness out of my system. I'm done now.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #3359
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Really quite a minor vent in light of all the stuff posted lately.

I am sick to bloody death of people trying to ram information down my throat and telling me I'd better like it. I'm put in mind of Chuck Norris saying, "If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you."

I really don't care for people telling me how wonderful and talented and amazing they are. And I really don't care to feel bullied. Thats not a word I use lightly either.

One of the things I prize most about this place is the fact that we all treat each other with respect and its a haven, a place I want to come to. I like to come to see what everyone is doing, and I feel like we are a family here. Thank you to all of you who share your lives with me every day. I cherish you all. And thanks for listening to my very minor vent. I know it was petty, but I needed to get it out before it festered anymore.

Alix my dad had a similar expression,"If I wanted to hear what you had to say I'd kick it out of you" I too love it here, especially the helpful, kind members who really care and try their very best to help..When someone tries to "lord" it over me, I get a tad snippy feeling. I can think for myself, I can tie my own shoes without a diagram.And I know you can do the same, without me talking and talking about it to you. I try to always think what other will think about the answers I give and how it will affect their feelings.. When I offer an opinion, it's never one written in stone,it's usually something I've expeirenced and care to share..If ever anyone feels I've hurt their feeling please let me know and I will apologize right now...Alix, if I have ever hurt you in any way..I am deeply sorry..I consider you a dear kind friend.

kades
Old 09-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #3360
Executive Chef

I know only TOO WELL exactly what you are saying....I have about well...all my coworkers who are that way! It felt wonderful giving my two week notice in knowing that soon they will be in a crunch and hating life....oopps did I say that!

Closed Thread