"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #3371
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thank you so much everyone for your wishes and caring. You don't know how good it was knowing I had such a wonderful support team at DC waiting for me. Thanks Kades for passing on DH's message and sorry it took so long. I was on IV antibiotics for 8 days and then my doctor admitted me to one hospital (1/2 hour from home) to have surgery to clean out the joint and make sure everything was okay. That was last Monday. After two days of waiting he had me transferred to the original hospital where I had the surgery done on Tuesday night and I was operated on Wednesday afternoon. I was back on heavy anti-biotics until this morning. They also had to replace a plastic piece that fills in for my cartilege because the original one was 2mm too thick and was causing the excess pain and loss of mobility.

I just got home 1/2 hour ago and am going to rest as I am very tired, but glad it is all behind me. No more anti-biotics, no more blood thinner shots in my stomach and no more pain killers!

Thanks again and it is so good to be back!
Good to hear from you Laurie, I was worried, but I also knew DH would take good care of you. Glad you're home and feeling better...Take care, talk to you soon..GO REST NOW

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #3372
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Keep on Feeling better Laurie!
You've been missed!!!

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #3373
Executive Chef
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!:fl owers:
"Many people have eaten my cooking & gone on to lead Normal lives."

Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #3374
Master Chef
luv ya & missed you, laurie! i hate shots in my tummy!!
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
Old 09-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #3375
Chef Extraordinaire
so glad you are home and doing better. take care of yourself, while you recover. enough is enough, don't you think.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #3376
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
We've missed you here dear. Hope you begin feeling better.
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Old 09-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #3377
Master Chef
hang in there, Laurie, you're a tough ol' bird, and you're a fighter.......:):):)
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #3378
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Laurie I'm glad you're ok. I really hope this is the end end end of all of this for you!!!!!

Now.... when do you start the marathon training?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 AM   #3379
Master Chef
I have to apologize......."Desiderata" that I quoted in post 3363 was not by Kahlil Gibran but by Max Erhman...sorry........conscience is squeaky clean now :)
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #3380
Executive Chef

I am sure you are wondering, what next? Isn't this enough? Why all these things happen only God knows why! I have been told that we can't give up; that we won't have to endure forever. But oh, it sure seems to be so hard when it is only you that has to endure at the time.

When I read this thread, I could not help but think if only the world we have to live in would have the love and compassion that this one has. Could you imagine how the hospital would have been filled if all these people who ext end their hope and prayers would have been able to visit you? I am sure the hospital would have had to limit our visiting hours. Wouldn't that have been exciting? However, as it is , you can truly be considered blessed to have so many people thinking of you. This support is surely something you need at this time and should not be limited. Being in such a vulnerable state physically, this is making you strong mentally. I too, hope you will recover and get back feeling the 'best'. Maybe all this struggling will prove worth is to get feeling strong and able again. I, for one, know the affects it has as all the medicine they were giving my mother did not do any good until this minister from church visited her. It lifted her spirit and she recovered.

Hoping you will do as the doc tor said and knowing you will get stronger as the days go by. Thanks for keeping us in the 'loop'!

Closed Thread