"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #3381
Master Chef

boy, I'm sick and tired of people pushing ahead of me in line but I was put in my place a few days ago and was rather embarrassed by my rude reaction........I'm so used to being pushed by the locals that when a nice (well ,rather nice looking----ok i'm not dead yet) put 4 bottles of beer on the counter..........I growled "I'm next"........he excused himself in English.......new twist here........where are you from.....Texas......oh.........Bush.........I look back at him and feel really guilty for being so abrupt..........I pay for my purchases and apologize for being rude but I've had so many people push their way ahead of me with no apologies whatsoever.......my biggest fear is that I'm going to collapse on the ground here one day and people are going to walk over me...........he just laughed..........I was ready to adopt him right then and there as he was probably the same age as my son and had dimples just like him.....he said no problem.......goodness I've been in a weepy mood......it's just what I needed to hear then........thank goodness for guys with dimples.........

Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #3382
Senior Cook

Haha, glad to hear that you met a nice person, I wonder if you scared him!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #3383
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
That's just to show that there are still nice guys out there and cute ones too. LOL
Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #3384
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
yep... my middle one has dimples.
may he make someones day with them some day.
:)
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #3385
Certified Cake Maniac

Men with dimples are the best (I married one!!!). I am glad it renewed a bit of your faith in the people....if for a few minutes.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #3386
Master Chef

what is it with dimples............thanks you guys........this guy informed me that he was living in Germany............he's Kazakh and good-looking and I've just bitten his head off......and he's smiling at me and being polite and no, I'm no eye-candy at this point in my life.......he's just being nice and polite............is he for real???? should I tell him that I'm coming into a huge inheritance???? jest kidding.............:):):)
Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #3387
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
boy, I'm sick and tired of people pushing ahead of me in line but I was put in my place a few days ago and was rather embarrassed by my rude reaction........I'm so used to being pushed by the locals that when a nice (well ,rather nice looking----ok i'm not dead yet) put 4 bottles of beer on the counter..........I growled "I'm next"........he excused himself in English.......new twist here........where are you from.....Texas......oh.........Bush.........I look back at him and feel really guilty for being so abrupt..........I pay for my purchases and apologize for being rude but I've had so many people push their way ahead of me with no apologies whatsoever.......my biggest fear is that I'm going to collapse on the ground here one day and people are going to walk over me...........he just laughed..........I was ready to adopt him right then and there as he was probably the same age as my son and had dimples just like him.....he said no problem.......goodness I've been in a weepy mood......it's just what I needed to hear then........thank goodness for guys with dimples.........
I can relate to many of your posts so often and makes me smile, not at you but with you. It seems we get stepped on too often and then when we retaliate we are embarrassed as we now are the ones we resent. Makes us feel so guilty (especially if he is as good looking as you say). I am sure we will get stepped on in the future.

We must all be related in some way as the things that affect most of us bothers others on this site. Is it because we are interested in food? Don't know the relation but thanks anyway for sharing. Also grateful you have husband that understands.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #3388
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I am so sick of this stupid, piece of crap house!!!!
It's 35, a year older than I.... good grief I hope I dont start to degenerate like this next year....
Something is wrong with the drain somewhere..... the downstairs toilet and sink both drain very slowly.... and when DH was showering this evening I could see the drain in the floor of the utility room slowly rise....
DH thinks it may just be the piece of PVC my 4 yr old threw and flushed down the toilet last week..... boy I hope so cuz if not its a problem with the septic system and that would make me just commit myself to the looney bin. He can't do anything until tomorrow and lord knows he'll bee too tired or something. Stupid overnight shifts.

This is my other problem..... on his watch, when I work, PVC GOES IN THE TOILET!!!!!
ok fine, legos go in noses on my watch, but COME ON!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #3389
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
I can relate to many of your posts so often and makes me smile, not at you but with you. It seems we get stepped on too often and then when we retaliate we are embarrassed as we now are the ones we resent. Makes us feel so guilty (especially if he is as good looking as you say). I am sure we will get stepped on in the future.

We must all be related in some way as the things that affect most of us bothers others on this site. Is it because we are interested in food? Don't know the relation but thanks anyway for sharing. Also grateful you have husband that understands.

Your post really made me smile in so many ways.....thanks I needed the Dr. Feelgood shot!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #3390
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I am so sick of this stupid, piece of crap house!!!!
It's 35, a year older than I.... good grief I hope I dont start to degenerate like this next year....
Something is wrong with the drain somewhere..... the downstairs toilet and sink both drain very slowly.... and when DH was showering this evening I could see the drain in the floor of the utility room slowly rise....
DH thinks it may just be the piece of PVC my 4 yr old threw and flushed down the toilet last week..... boy I hope so cuz if not its a problem with the septic system and that would make me just commit myself to the looney bin. He can't do anything until tomorrow and lord knows he'll bee too tired or something. Stupid overnight shifts.

This is my other problem..... on his watch, when I work, PVC GOES IN THE TOILET!!!!!
ok fine, legos go in noses on my watch, but COME ON!!!!
Its horrible when things keep happening - praying for a better day and a not so tired DH.