"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #3431
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
An interview PANEL!! Why do companies do this? I feel STUPID. I'm sure I won't get that job!! They had a list of questions and THEN, tossed me a paper clip, said, take a minute and then sell that to me. WHAT??? oh lord, if I don't get this job, after that, I don't know why I'm being punished.
in their defense, TX, maybe they were seeing how well you thought on your feet.....you'd be surprised what you can pull out of your drawers if you have to..........it probably would have been a very stressful job if it was sales.......by the time this is all over you will have passed BS101 with flying colors...just look at it as training....better luck with your next interview and who's to say that you're out on this one.........

Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #3432
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Dumb, dumb, dumb! Me that is!

I put my last load of clothes in to wash a while ago, then came back to our room. I was hanging some of the clothes I had just dried, when I realized I was still wearing a shirt I especially wanted to wear in the next couple days. I changed into another shirt really quickly and hurried to the laundry room. It had just finished spinning out the wash water and was getting ready to fill for the first rinse. I didn't have any more clothes to wash (except James's jeans, which I didn't see before I left), and I hadn't worn it that long, so I went ahead and threw it into the washer. I figured it would get a little detergent on it as the washer filled, and since it wasn't really dirty, it wouldn't hurt.

Barbara
Done this MANY times!! Hey, soap is for oil anyway. All a shirt needs to be clean is water.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #3433
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
No, not a sales job. It's for the City utitilies company in the internet and cable dept. It was basically to see if I can tell someone why they want something, like the cable or internet. I can no longer wait for the perfect job, since Saturday is my last day. He's running me off and now it sounds like he's running the manager off too. He's being really mean to everyone and we don't understand why.
Well, you definitely don't deserve to be treated like that. It is odd that he is being mean to everyone. It could be because of any number of things.

As I said, we are still praying for you.

Barbara
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #3434
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Well, you definitely don't deserve to be treated like that. It is odd that he is being mean to everyone. It could be because of any number of things.

As I said, we are still praying for you.

Barbara

By the time I'm done with him, he will know what mean is!!
I'm turning him in to the labor board. I am paid hourly, but, 4 of the 6 others an a couple in the other company in the same building are paid daily. Jsut examples, if you work 6 hours, you only get paid 5. You MUST work 7 to get the 8. They work 8:30 - 6 with a 30 minute lunch, thats 9 hours and only get paid for 8!! They don't get over time pay, only straight pay, so, if they work and extra day, giving them 48 hours, he doesn't pay them time and a half, as Tx labor says to. I'm gonna have fun
Old 09-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #3435
Master Chef

you are talking yourself out of this job...........that's good........I want you to.........
Old 09-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #3436
Certified Cake Maniac

Stacy, I agree with Expat that you are best out of there and I am glad you are standing up for yourself and your co-workers. Use that strength to go out there and get that new job. No, none will ever be the "perfect one" but if you think positively about yourself and what you have to offer, you will come pretty close. You go girl, I am behind you all the way. Love and prayers being sent to you!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #3437
Executive Chef

texas

Of all the times I have read your thoughts, you truely come across as one who is strong and has personal high values. Believe in yourself and know you are the best this company could hire. Let them know you are definitely people person.

Wish you luck and keep us informed.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #3438
Master Chef

They chose someone else, sooooooo, tomorrow, I will be unemployed. That's okay, that wasn't the job for me, Barbara said so, lol!! I applied to 8 jobs today, lets see what happens.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #3439
Chef Extraordinaire

babe's soap opera continues. went out to put trash cans off the street.the handyman was in my driveway painting fan blades on one that i bought. i asked if he had any clue how angry i am at him. he said yes. and sorry. then asked if a chocolate would make it better. i told him no and went in the front door after watering the plants.

what do i do now ??? i am still very angry. don't really want to talk to him. what to do , what to do.? should i just not answer the door if he knocks? or open it and tell him to go away. help, help, help.

babe
Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #3440
Executive Chef

Quote:
They chose someone else, sooooooo, tomorrow, I will be unemployed. That's okay, that wasn't the job for me, Barbara said so, lol!! I applied to 8 jobs today, lets see what happens.
Don't let this get you down. Keep your hopes high. There IS ONE for YOU. Be strong. If I could do it for you I would. But this is lesson you will learn. This is something you GOT to do and you will, you will. Just keep reminding Him that you are needing His help and direction. As long as you don't murder your former employer I know He will be there. Just keep your heart and mind open. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you know of who I am speaking about. HE IS IN CONTROL of my life and I hope yours too.