"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #3441
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
babe's soap opera continues. went out to put trash cans off the street.the handyman was in my driveway painting fan blades on one that i bought. i asked if he had any clue how angry i am at him. he said yes. and sorry. then asked if a chocolate would make it better. i told him no and went in the front door after watering the plants.

what do i do now ??? i am still very angry. don't really want to talk to him. what to do , what to do.? should i just not answer the door if he knocks? or open it and tell him to go away. help, help, help.

babe
My dear Babe, this guy is certified crazy! When you want him there he is nowhere in site and when you kick him out he is there working uninvited. You have been more than patient and more than kind (dinners, letting him stay) and I am sure you pay him well too. I would just tell him that you are firing him, don't want to see him on your property and will not pay him for any work he does.

And if that doesn't work, let me know and I will come and chase him away with my walker!

Seriously, you don't need this hassle. I am sure there are other handimen around who would be more reliable and are looking for work.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #3442
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
babe's soap opera continues. went out to put trash cans off the street.the handyman was in my driveway painting fan blades on one that i bought. i asked if he had any clue how angry i am at him. he said yes. and sorry. then asked if a chocolate would make it better. i told him no and went in the front door after watering the plants.

what do i do now ??? i am still very angry. don't really want to talk to him. what to do , what to do.? should i just not answer the door if he knocks? or open it and tell him to go away. help, help, help.

babe
What do you mean painting the fan blades you bought?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #3443
Master Chef

well, ignore them, you'll get a job, tex. you've personality.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #3444
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
well, ignore them, you'll get a job, tex. you've personality.
I have 2 personalities and people don't care much for one of them!!
Thank you!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #3445
Certified Cake Maniac

Stacy, you WILL find the right job for you - just believe in yourself as we all do. And don't panic that you are unemployed, now you have more time to concentrate on looking!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #3446
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
What do you mean painting the fan blades you bought?
i bought a ceiling fan for a really good price. 10 dollars, but it is brown and i want white since i have three white ones up now.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:52 AM   #3447
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
They chose someone else, sooooooo, tomorrow, I will be unemployed. That's okay, that wasn't the job for me, Barbara said so, lol!! I applied to 8 jobs today, lets see what happens.
And it's the truth! If this was the job you were meant to have, you would have it, but something better is in the works. Remember what I said about His timing. I'm praying hard sweetie.

Barbara
Old 09-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #3448
Master Chef

I cannot believe it! I have had the weirdest possible week and I just saw .... a mouse in the house! We aren't supposed to have mice until the first frost, are we? I did see some harvesting going on around but, ****ed it all.

First of all, my husband had a nightmare Tuesday night and hit me. I grabbed my dog and came downstairs to sleep. Then I accidently ran into an ages-old romantic affair. I don't want to be int he middle of someone's affair, I really don't. Then, on my way to exercise class I slipped on the wet grass, fell down the hill and under my (parked) truck. There were a lot of odd little things like this that happened all week.

So I'm sitting here and looked over and ... a mouse. I did not need that this week. Really.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:58 AM   #3449
Traveling Welcome Wagon

What a horrible week Claire! I hope you have a good weekend and that next week is much better! BTW, around here mice start showing themselves right at harvest time.

Barbara
Old 09-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #3450
Master Chef

I started dusting , hubby starts in on me about not doing the job right. grrr. If I start doing something, he has to have a comment. He says dusting should be done with the shop vac , otherwise the dust is flying all over the place. He dragged the stupid shop vac into the living room and starts dusting off the furniture. So I sit down and what does he do ?? he turns off the stupid machine and sits too. If I sit, he sits, if I start a chore , he interferes or tells me I am doing it wrong. He is really getting on my nerves.

I got off my chair and started cleaning windows, now he is back to work , using his shop vac, removing dust from ceilings and walls. .
The man is dangerous with the stupid shop Vac ! He just broke something of my knick knack shelf.
I think my BP shot up, feeling dizzy, pressure in my chest.