"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #3481
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
that's great luv's glad everything is ok!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #3482
Executive Chef

I had a boy friend once call me a stupid ***** I shook my head and knew right there and then the relationship would not last much longer all because I got soot on a shirt he bought me. I was right. Now, on the other hand DH has called me a little idiot but it's in a light way so I say " actually your are the idiot" then he would say well you are the bigger idiot" so I say "well you are the King of idiots or your middle name is idiot" that banter gos on a while but it's all in fun. Also I also have to say the silent treatment make DH very nervous because he has no idea why I'm so mad, well sometimes he dos. I think it's a female thing sometimes we are so darn mad we don't want to talk to him or him to talk to us. After all the IDIOT should know excactly why I'm so mad.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #3483
Chef Extraordinaire

Question

i have vented here several times about the ever tardy handyman. we are currently on the outs.

he left couple chicken sandwichs and a milky way choco bar on my door step.

should i accept this apology ? i sure that is why he left it. and he does owe me work.

so more ground rules and forgive or just let it be?

babe
Old 09-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #3484
Master Chef

tha's rough, babetoo. he's so unreliable, though dinner on my doorstep would break my anger. more ground rules sound COMPLETELY acceptable!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #3485
Master Chef

my Dad said i need to lose weight again. does he not recall having to carry me outside along with my brother so my Mum could take me to a local 'piddle at 67 pounds...
i only weigh 142.5 now, & i'm tall. why is he making me so self-conscious.
i promised him i agree to shush him.
i'm so jaded i didn't get mad nor sad. just shaking myhead.

he begged me to get to a hospital then, when i was so thin, then critisize me fer gaining weight that keeps me alive..
i don' get him.
thne i've jake promising to leave me if he has to endure my anorexia again.
HA!!! HIM endure my anorexia? HIM?! let me lend him my jogging shoes fer a few miles...
see what agony that was fer BOTH of us, not just him!!!
i may get a hotel fer a few nights & block a few #'s from my phone fer a weekend. sometimes i just need to be by myself.
i'm really not that upset, like i said, i'm jaded. my emotions went flat tonite.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #3486
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
my Dad said i need to lose weight again. does he not recall having to carry me outside along with my brother so my Mum could take me to a local 'piddle at 67 pounds...
i only weigh 142.5 now, & i'm tall. why is he making me so self-conscious.
i promised him i agree to shush him.
i'm so jaded i didn't get mad nor sad. just shaking myhead.

he begged me to get to a hospital then, when i was so thin, then critisize me fer gaining weight that keeps me alive..
i don' get him.
thne i've jake promising to leave me if he has to endure my anorexia again.
HA!!! HIM endure my anorexia? HIM?! let me lend him my jogging shoes fer a few miles...
see what agony that was fer BOTH of us, not just him!!!
i may get a hotel fer a few nights & block a few #'s from my phone fer a weekend. sometimes i just need to be by myself.
i'm really not that upset, like i said, i'm jaded. my emotions went flat tonite.
luv , i think it is a power play for your dad. i am sorry your husband said that to you, whatever happened to "in sickness and in health?"

maybe a time out for you is a good idea. feel better
babe
Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #3487
Master Chef

thnaks, babe.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #3488
Master Chef

ok, time for hoof in the mouth disease.........why are you listening to him and so needy of his approval......you're an adult.......you know that you are at a healthy proper weight esp. since you feel healthy ......it's a control issue on his part............he loves you, that I'm sure of.......but tell him that your weight is your own business and for him to lose 20 kilos if he wants to retain YOUR love (jest kidding on that one but would love to see his reaction) and to let go.......your health is in your hands now............when you were a child your parents had control of your health for better or for worse.........now you're in control and make it an off-limits topic from now on......you set the boundaries........I heard that hoof jelly was good
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #3489
Head Chef

I agree with Babee and Expat. It's all about control. And if you feel the need to take off for the weekend...I think you should do it....YOU"RE in control!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #3490
Master Chef

Luvs, I lived with eating disorders for quite awhile. They will not get better if you do not get some self esteem. Give me a personal if you want to discuss it.