Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was flying from NY last night, while there I bought some Russian sardines, of course, I did not think anything of it and put them in my bag. I did not have checked luggage. So they open it and the guy says you can only have 4 cans, darn, I say can my friend have 4 too? The guy lets us do it my friend takes another 4, they threw 2 more away.
Now my friends’ bag gets opened, he has 8 oz tooth paste tube that is practically empty. “We only allow 3 oz tooth paste tubes!” Huh, it’s empty you moron, it probably had enough tooth paste for one more time. They took that away too. Now you’re telling me we are safe with morons like this. If there was a competition of morons, they would take a second place. Why, you ask, because they are Morons.

Charlie you have my sympathy.

I don't MIND the long, long, long, two/three hour queues at small airports to have my passport checked on Eurpean flights right now, I'll submit to most things for my saftey and the safety of others right now, but I do object to waiting patiently in the queue for so many hours to see them flick through and not even open the page with my picture on.

I lost a brand new (too expensive) mascara on my last flight. I bought it duty free on the way out, and it fell out of my makeup bag, which I had removed to put in my hold luggage. Used it maybe five times before it was binned. I don't mind, at all, its saftey. What did make my cringe was that my pointed tweeszers had fallen out too, I discovered them on the flight under the base bit of my bag and called a stewardess, explained that it has been an accident and she put her fingers to her lips and winked. I will never ever, not triple check before the flight again, I felt so guilty and nervous

shame on losing that expensive mascara, lulu - did they think you were going to overpower them with makeup?

I thought that the deadly tweezers were OK again on flights.

My MIL bought a botle of parfume, $100.00 bucks they took it away. I mean, safety is fine but there needs to be something reasonable...
What bothered me about my story was not the fact that they threw away 2 cans, but he fact that they let my friend take some of them. How safe is it? If that was really explosives, that was such a stupid thing to allow us to do... I have no words to describe the stupidity.

My deadly tweezers are the sort that are never allowed....sharpened to a point and about four inches long they would, I suppose, make an effective weapon. I think a lot of it has been a very effective thing for duty free shops. You can buy anything you like AIR SIDE and take it on the flight. That has to be a security risk...I am sure the staff airside go through good security checks, but still. I know exactly what you mean Charlie. Also, I took my laptop through and was made to crank it up. Last time DH brought his it would not start and they just patted him on the back, did not try themselves.

Mudbug, well made up eyes are my weapon of choice, I can get any man eating out of my hand with one flutter of my 30% longer and more defined eyelashed, ROFL

:mad: :mad: :( :( :sick:
I was rear ended last night!!!
I was coming off the freeway...almost at a complete stop and the girl behind me ( eating salad) and not paying any attention slammed into me. She hit me hard enough to push me into the truck in front of me. Luckily, it was a big pickup and I only hit his trailor hitch ball. No damage to his truck. My car will have to have both the front grill and both the front and back bumpers replaced. The poor girls car was ruined though. I had to feel sorry for her after the first five minutes.

I have a strained leg muscle and my neck and back are kind of sore.
but...that's to be expected.

Paul has been wonderful:)
I called him and he showed up at the accident about
10 minutes after the state police arrived. I wanted to go home
but he insisted that I go to the hostpital. He has also called the insurance people so I didn't have to deal with it! He takes such good care of me.

Oh my goodness, pdswife. Those kinds of accidents can be awful. Glad to hear you're being well looked after by Paul. Take care of your neck and back.

Positive

pdswife, your comment starts out so negative and ends positive. Keep it up!! What kind of car you have? Must not be one of the new ones cause from the sound of it your car is pretty strong. That happened to me when the guy reached down on the floor to get his cell phone, bang right into me w/o using his breaks. My mother in the car. We had just gone to Farmer's Market and didn't have seat belts on. My mom was so aware of it that the police were coming she didn't know how to put the belt on so it was hanging around her neck when the police arrived. They didn't say anything about it. Guess they didn't even worry about seat belt.

Help me feel positive. My furnace quit working two weeks ago over weekend. Guy came that Monday and fixed it and cleaned it. Now it isn't working again. Please pray that I don't need new furnace. I just got through taking a shower and I am freezing. Can't get warm. I should get back in the shower again.

Thanks for understanding.

Kitchen... I've decided that "seeing the good side" is the only way to go.
I won't have to go to the store alone for awhile, Paul will have to drive me in the truck, my leg hurts so I can take it easy and sit on the comfy chair and read, it's a good excuse for an extra long nap in the afternoon!!

In your case... long showers, extra warm blankies on the bed, hot soups,
you can bake some cookies and sit reading in front of the stove or buy yourself some expensive cocoa that you normally wouldn't.

oh we have an 2000 Impala. It is big and strong.

Appreciate Thoughts

Doesn't that sound nice to bake cookies and drink cocoa? You know how to do it! Really can tell you got love in your house. I am so thankful to hear that you have good man. They are important. You must treat him as good as he is to you? Shame I never found someone who had half the heart your husband does. You know something, all the guys who I dated named Paul were good. Is it something about that name? Even had uncle named Paul who was kind.

Impala I like them! No matter the kind of car you had, can be so thankful wasn't worse. I remember my glasses flying on the dashboard and I didn't know where they were. You won't forget this one. I never did. People try to do too much when they are driving.

This is my first ( and hopefully only) accident!! I didn't like it at all. lol... I've had so many dreams of getting rear ended at stop signs that I always stop far behind the car in front of me. That saved me yesterday, not that I was all the way stopped yet but... close to it.

Yes, I am lucky to have found Paul. He is a wonderful person.
And I do try to treat him as well as he treats me but... I think I've got the best part of the deal. He's so good and smart and caring and so hard working and thoughful and sweet and giving and ...ok, I'll stop.
Never give up ITK it's never too late to find love.

In The Kitchen, sorry to hear that you suffered the same fate as pdswife. These things happen when you least expect them so chin up and look on the bright side of things! Keep yourself well covered and drink lots of green tea and/or herbal teas.

pdswife said:
Kitchen... I've decided that "seeing the good side" is the only way to go.
I won't have to go to the store alone for awhile, Paul will have to drive me in the truck, my leg hurts so I can take it easy and sit on the comfy chair and read, it's a good excuse for an extra long nap in the afternoon!!

In your case... long showers, extra warm blankies on the bed, hot soups,
you can bake some cookies and sit reading in front of the stove or buy yourself some expensive cocoa that you normally wouldn't.

oh we have an 2000 Impala. It is big and strong.
Wow, hurt like heck doesn't it? I know had a young woman fly by me going home one day the the minute she got past me she made a u-turn right in fromt of me. With no place to go, except into oncoming traffic I ended up hitting her..The person she was talking to on the cell phone had told her she was going the wrong way so she just turned!! I was lucky as two different people stopped and talk to the police. One was an attorney who was right behind me..Police patted me on the head and said go home and take it easy then that was it. Sore as could be the next several days. All car accidents are horrid and so scary, but at least YOU are not in the hospital and are okay. Rest and take it easy..
hugs,
kadesma

DH was rear-ended by a young lady talking on her cellphone. She didn't put on her brakes either. Luckily he was in his golf car which is quite old. The auto shop said it would take over $1000 to replace his bumper. The girl was a young single mother with red hair and reminded him so much of our grandaughter, he told her to pay him $300 and that would be fine. She had to pay him in 2 payments. Sometimes he surprises me what an old softie he is. I may keep him another 49 years. Today is our anniversary. It's been quite a ride!

Last edited:
Oh the hazards of cellphones! Licia, your DH is quite a guy and you should keep him till death do us part. Happy Anniversary to both of you!

This is a vent as well as a boo-hoo:( . DH and I went appliance shoppping for the better part of yesterday. Our "find" and our only purchase was a Miele double "true" convection oven. The sales lady said this came with all the bells and whistles, both ovens self cleaning, double rotisserie, two probes, concealed elements, glass front, six racks - which five can fit in one oven, blah, blah, blah. DH was sold, he wanted this one, by the end of our trip, I was quite excited too. We don't know much about them but from what we do know, we knew it was a good deal, otherwise we couldn't afford one of these puppies. We bought it with intentions to do a bit more research before delivery next week. The saleslady said we could cancel before delivery if we wanted to. Late that night we were reading the brochure we had on Miele - we were compairing the two models of double ovens they make - what is the difference? The one we have is not self cleaning :mad: even though that is what we were told. DH knew it was too good to be true - too good of a deal. This is a luxury item and material things mean nothing, but for a couple hours I thought I was going to have the privelage to own a wonderful oven - ahhh, oh well, there is still the hope that the wrong number was used to scan it - I don't think so, though. Sad day in my house today.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom