"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #3511
Executive Chef

Virtual hugs and prayers for you Alix - as Kadesma said, it is the people who do the looking after that are important rather than the ones who just talk about it (and can always do it better) but are not prepared to actally do the work.

We all appreciate and respect the work you do for your mum (and as a mod as well).

Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #3512
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Alix- When my gram got sick, my mom couldn't do anything right. I could do the same thing the same way and my gram would thank me and be really appreciate it. One day I told her you know my is the one who told me what do do and how to do it, how come you don't thank her? She told me that, that is her daughter and it's what she is suppose to do, I was he granddaughter so it was not expected.
I told my gram that maybe it's what she is suppose to do, but not she didn't really have to, she could have put her in a nursing home and let other people look after her. I also told her that it hurt my moms feelings when she yelled at her all the time and thanked other people. She didn't realize what she was doing . A few days later she asked my mom to go to lunch with her as a thank you for all she does. After that they tried to go for lunch once a week and that was my moms thank you.
I feel for you and if people are asking why you didn't do this or that, just say it was lower on the priority list this time, but when it needs to be done next time I'll be sure to give you a call.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #3513
Master Chef

Good for you...........Mikki.........not that your gram is going to appreciate it but everyone else here will :):):)
Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #3514
Master Chef

All you mods are the greatest and anyone with a problem doesn't need to be here anyway!!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #3515
Traveling Welcome Wagon

That was great of you to stand up for your mom that way mikki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
All you mods are the greatest and anyone with a problem doesn't need to be here anyway!!
BAN THE FIENDS!!!!! (Thanks Stacy!).

Barbara
Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #3516
Chef Extraordinaire

This is so trivial, it's stupid, and those who know me know it fits I decided to make some 5 min bread, we love it so i get things ready, everything is going just fine..I open the oven insert pan of water and decide it needs a tad more..That's right I had to snorkel to get the mop and some towels .My poor DH heard me yelling every truck diver curse I knew and came running thinking I was hurt we both ended up sitting on the floor getting wet and howling...All is mopped up now and I'm here sharing this drivel with you..learn a lesson from ol dummy here: put pan in oven and then pull out the rack with pan on it and add you water..Works every time

kades
Old 09-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #3517
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
LOL kades you dear little thing!
what did you say, darn? shoot? crud?
I can't imagine anything trucker outta that mouth, and I own a trucker!

hey.... now your kitchen floor is sanitized enough to eat off of, right?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #3518
Chef Extraordinaire

The floor sparkles, the bread is great..and I have 2 grown sons that I've heard cuss when they didn't know mom was around..But really it was a high pitched Something that I only do if really ticked off

kades
Old 09-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #3519
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lolol.. yeah... kades and a truckers mouth just don't go together!!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #3520
Certified Cake Maniac

Kades, You actually get ticked off enough to swear? Seriously, I am glad it wasn't more seious than that and that you have magnificent bread to show for your efforts! Thanks for the laugh!

http://beinglydia.com
Closed Thread