"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #3531
Master Chef

OMG, I am so sick to my stomach. I am so glad that he didn't squat down, as he normally does, when meeting a new animal. I am scared to even think of the outcome.
Dr said, the wound was almost all the way through his hand. Just missed the nerve, thank god!! He is right handed and that is the hand that is torn up. Dr said that he is very lucky to still have use of it as bad as the tear is. Was unable to close it completely, needs to drain. He had to get shots in it and a tetnus and high dose of antibiotics and is having to take more antibiotics that is costing $180!! total so far, Just under $600 for the day
I gripe about my MIL, but, if it weren't for her, he wouldn't have been seen at all. She is paying for it all. DH hasn't received his paycheck for the month and me being unemployed, well, she saved him today, probably literally if he had gotten infected. So, he goes back Friday to have it checked for infection. I have been sick since hearing it and seeing it. This man loves animals, as much as me, even if he won't let me have more

Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #3532
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
OMG, I am so sick to my stomach. I am so glad that he didn't squat down, as he normally does, when meeting a new animal. I am scared to even think of the outcome.
Dr said, the wound was almost all the way through his hand. Just missed the nerve, thank god!! He is right handed and that is the hand that is torn up. Dr said that he is very lucky to still have use of it as bad as the tear is. Was unable to close it completely, needs to drain. He had to get shots in it and a tetnus and high dose of antibiotics and is having to take more antibiotics that is costing $180!! total so far, Just under $600 for the day
I gripe about my MIL, but, if it weren't for her, he wouldn't have been seen at all. She is paying for it all. DH hasn't received his paycheck for the month and me being unemployed, well, she saved him today, probably literally if he had gotten infected. So, he goes back Friday to have it checked for infection. I have been sick since hearing it and seeing it. This man loves animals, as much as me, even if he won't let me have more
Hey wait a minute. Shouldn't the people that own the dog pay for it?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #3533
Master Chef

right,but, they had already left, so, mil paid. BUT, we just filed a report with our dpt here and we will be able to file civil suit if it gets to that, but, I don't think it will, once I tell her that they will pay all court costs also. My dh, he's in a lot of pain and no pain meds.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #3534
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Hey wait a minute. Shouldn't the people that own the dog pay for it?
yep, but good luck with that!!!!
kades
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #3535
Chef Extraordinaire

Stacy,
this is why, I could knock heads with people who deliberatley breed dogs to fight..A dog is a dog no matter how much we love them..The poor dog will most likely be put down..He just did what was expected of him..I bet you anything that dog is a fighter..I'm so sorry about Michael and even though M-i-l bugs the heck out of ya, I have never in my life seen one who denies her baby help no matter his age..Relax for now and take care of Michael It will all fall into place Hugs to all of you
cj
Old 09-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #3536
Master Chef

student loans!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #3537
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I'm sorry for your DH, TG.....
never been bitten but it sounds just horrible, I cant imagine what you're going thru...
I hope everything will turn out as best it can.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #3538
Executive Chef

Here are prayers for quick and good healing of the hand TG
Old 09-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #3539
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Stacy,
this is why, I could knock heads with people who deliberatley breed dogs to fight..A dog is a dog no matter how much we love them..The poor dog will most likely be put down..He just did what was expected of him..I bet you anything that dog is a fighter..I'm so sorry about Michael and even though M-i-l bugs the heck out of ya, I have never in my life seen one who denies her baby help no matter his age..Relax for now and take care of Michael It will all fall into place Hugs to all of you
cj
This is sadly, true. But, they brought the dog to a public RV park after being told NOT to bring it back after it lunged at a lady and her dog. It has never bitten anyone, until now. They are very nice people and we have already told the cops that we do not want to press charges, we just want to make sure the dog had it's shots that they need to help with the med bills. DH is feeling bad for even having to call the cops, but, we need to, BEFORE, it's a kid next time
And you're right about MIL, she just holds it over us forever

Thanks mini and suzi!

See, he'll survive, just hurts like the dickens!! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2286.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5621  
Old 09-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #3540
Chef Extraordinaire

that looks very painful. get healed soon.