"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #3551
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
please don't be offended, In the Kitchen, yeah, I do like to know people's ages esp. uf they are sounding like a breath of fresh air............which you did............
you made my day begin with real joy. Not often people express their opinion especially ones that are complimentary. When anyone I meet makes positive comment, I always tell them to continue to do so as it has such a wonderful effect.

I admit I am sensitive. I really feel more so since I have experienced life of rejection most of my life. Makes one doubtful of others and their judgement of you. Every time I meet new person, I always hope I will make them feel better about themselves in some small way. Really no room in this world to be mean.

Ok sis, I said what's on my mind. Hope you don't take offense and don't get too serious on me. Have beautiful day cause you certainly made mine great! Oh, thanks for your kindness; don't lose it!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #3552
Master Chef

ITK, you do the same for everyone on a daily basis!! You are a kind lady that it would be VERY hard to take offence to anything you said. Don't let ANYONE, tell you any different!!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #3553
Executive Chef

Well, you make my day too texasgirl, always. You are only person that if you said something unkind I would want to jump off the bridge. I thank you and am always hoping things go good in your day. You always mean so well for everybody. Take care of yourself, we need you!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #3554
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
you made my day begin with real joy. Not often people express their opinion especially ones that are complimentary. When anyone I meet makes positive comment, I always tell them to continue to do so as it has such a wonderful effect.

I admit I am sensitive. I really feel more so since I have experienced life of rejection most of my life. Makes one doubtful of others and their judgement of you. Every time I meet new person, I always hope I will make them feel better about themselves in some small way. Really no room in this world to be mean.

Ok sis, I said what's on my mind. Hope you don't take offense and don't get too serious on me. Have beautiful day cause you certainly made mine great! Oh, thanks for your kindness; don't lose it!
No, Sis, I didn't take offense at all.......and no I won't lose it.......I'm too cute....... love and hugs...........
Old 10-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #3555
Everymom

TG, my knees are weak thinking about that dog bite. Thank God he's OK. Saying prayers here for a swift recovery. UGH!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #3556
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
TG, my knees are weak thinking about that dog bite. Thank God he's OK. Saying prayers here for a swift recovery. UGH!
It makes me sick looking at it!! He was up all night in pain! why is it, guys think they don't need pain killers? i got some today though!!
I'm just watching to make sure it doesn't get infected, which, I doubt very seriously it will with all those anitbiotics running rampid through him! LOL
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #3557
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
It makes me sick looking at it!! He was up all night in pain! why is it, guys think they don't need pain killers? i got some today though!!
I'm just watching to make sure it doesn't get infected, which, I doubt very seriously it will with all those anitbiotics running rampid through him! LOL
He could at least take some Aleve it's good stuff. Why be in pain when you don't have to be? It's gonna hurt a lot longer than he thinks.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #3558
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Guys think if they go without pain meds or any other type of meds it makes them look stronger. Then they whine because it hurts or they don't feel good. My hubby thinks I'm cold hearted because I don't baby him. I tell him if he doesn't want to take anything I don't want to hear it.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #3559
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Reading over the last couple days of posts here, all I can think is "OUCH!" Prayers for all who are hurting one way or another.

Barbara
Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #3560
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Ouch is right!! Keep well everyone!!!!