"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #3581
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
TG... can you send him some cash...? You might have to

Old 10-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #3582
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
From the looks of the mail, there are many names that mail is sent to there. He doesn't know the guys real name now. I am going to find him again and tell him about the church though.
I'm sure if they contact the media they will get some help from the public as well, they need to expose these guys so it wont happen again.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #3583
Master Chef

I don't even know where in Baton Rouge he is. He has no clue what the guys real name is now.

NO, T, I can't send him money. I'm unemployed and I dont have it right now, but, dh won't help him anymore because he keeps getting himself in trouble and we get him out each time.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #3584
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
babe- I don't usually say that kind of thing if it's something out of the ordinary, mostly cold, flu symptoms, or if something hurts and I tell him to go to the dr and get it checked he refuses. You also have to know hubby, he has to have all the attention.
A few weeks ago DD woke up and couldn't breath because of allergies,I called Dr got her inhaler and nasal spay back, it helped during normal activities,but she ran for soccer and couldn't catch her breath so coach called 911. Anyway At the same time hubby got congested, complained how bad he felt and that he couldn't breath, wouldn't take anything, but still complained that he was worse then my DD or I was. Everything is always worse for him. DD gets sent to hospital,tells her shes a wimp and then complains he's worse.
That's why I get an attitude with him.
you misunderstood my comment on attitude. i wasn't saying you weren't right. just telling you what happened. ex was grown man, he should have know to go without me telling him. i got him anti acids etc for over five hours. he should have gone with no prompting on my part. was just being an idiot and only hurt himself. we were only bout three blocks from er room, so i didn't see the big deal in going. maybe i am not still explaining it right, but i felt no guilt at all. neither should you.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #3585
Executive Chef

This is still the venting thread, right because I just want to slap someone NOW.

I work for a company that week in and week out worries about making payroll and no one thinks about this when they go out and buy jet skis and snow mobiles and DVD players and all this other stuff. It is ridiculous.

NOW my "boss" wants me to show her computer tricks that I know for my benefit. These are things I learned after years of working on the computer and she expects me just to teach her all my tricks. NO!! Sorry, not happening. You want to learn, take a class. I'm here for Marty, not you El Diablo.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #3586
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
This is still the venting thread, right because I just want to slap someone NOW.

I work for a company that week in and week out worries about making payroll and no one thinks about this when they go out and buy jet skis and snow mobiles and DVD players and all this other stuff. It is ridiculous.

NOW my "boss" wants me to show her computer tricks that I know for my benefit. These are things I learned after years of working on the computer and she expects me just to teach her all my tricks. NO!! Sorry, not happening. You want to learn, take a class. I'm here for Marty, not you El Diablo.
I'll make a deal with you, Callisto: you come over here and slap my boss (for similar offenses) and I'll go slap yours.

Lee
Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #3587
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis View Post
I'll make a deal with you, Callisto: you come over here and slap my boss (for similar offenses) and I'll go slap yours.

Lee
I do have guys up in the Boston area that would likely be willing to oblige.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #3588
Head Chef

not sure if this is a vent .. but have $25,000 worth of butcher block
counter tops showing up this friday .. the tops that i templated
and signed off on ... sure hope they are right .. might work on
my resume` just in case ..
Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #3589
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to LeeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to LeeAnn
My vent today is a lady I work with - she absolutely hates "west coast people" and has added it to her personal agenda each day to make that known to me each time she sees me. She will say things like - "oh, is that how they dress on the west coast?", or "who told you that was cute?", or - "can I tell you something or do I need to get a translator that speaks slow laid back lazy west coast speech?".
I've told my supervisor that honestly I'm very tired of her attitude towards me and she said it's just a control thing with her - the lady retires in April and to not take it personally, she's just jealous. But my counter is why she should be allowed - and why should I have to listen to that - just because she's going to retire soon? What gives her the right other than her own personal bitter woman problems to pick on me?
Pdswife is the only one that knows me here and knows that I would never argue with this woman or say anything mean to her because it's just not "me". But the woman seems to go out of her way to come and make a crappy comment to me.
I am off work til Saturday and she will be back on Monday, if she says anything at all to me, I've decided I will go to the Union board.
Anyway, that's all. :-) Thanks for listening (reading). :-)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #3590
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
LeeAnn that's miserable, I can't believe it's ok w/ your boss to make you put up with that crap.
You're doing the right thing going to the board.
Good luck!