"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #3611
Master Chef

i'm so cranky i just cried cause i typed wrong. i shouted out of anger at NOTHING. wait, i was fine fer a sec when i thought i heard jake. wasn't him. sweetJesus bless a student loan soliciter if they call me tonite.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #3612
Master Chef

I am so angry that a rotten creep got off with a fine for microwaving a kitten. I saw the headline that this creep was fined for doing this evil deed , I didn't open the news to read about it... it upset me too much to even read the headline. I feel sick. What is wrong with people ??? I don't think I am going to read news anymore... it gets worse and worse.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #3613
Executive Chef

................about the huge bug on my hotel room bed..............................
............took pix of it, wanted to send it to my husband but can't figure out how to do that on the new phone..........an awful slur by someone on most recent pm post to me, that has me over the moon furious............and, oh now, that bug in on the window, oh gee yeah! YIKES
Old 10-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #3614
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
eek... bugs...suck and so do mean people!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #3615
Executive Chef

yep ^^^ but I'm tough
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #3616
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I know you are!
Kill the bugs and ignore the mean poster!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #3617
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Major vent. I have mentioned the dogs across the road, and how one of them kills chickens and killed one of our cats. I just caught him with one of our neighbor's beautiful young cats in his mouth, dead. We tried Animal Control (AGAIN) and got their answering machine. Then we called the sheriff's department. She said that Animal Control is now part of their department, and calls are recorded (so if there is no action this time, there is a record of it), so they put us through to them. They are supposed to be on the way right now. I love the dog (so does Cubbie), but his owner lets him run loose, and that has brought the problems. They had better take him this time.

I'll keep you updated.

Barbara
Old 10-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #3618
Executive Chef

I hat when dogs are not under control. One of the parents at pre school was saying they got a puppy at the weekend. The daughter (8ish) was walking it on Monday when it was set on and torn to pieces by another dog running loose in the park. They too were struggling to get the police involved in getting this dog taken out of circulation.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #3619
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Unfortunately, because we don't have a leash law, they can't just come out and pick him up. Anyone who can claim damages against him can take him to civil court. The Animal Control guy is going to go talk to the dog's owner and, as he said, "have a little prayer meeting and put the fear of God in him." If nothing else works, he can put a safe trap in our yard and take the dog in. Then the dog's owner would have to go get him if he wants him. They can't take the dog in unless the judge declares him a nuisance (if we all take him to court) or if he injures a child. They will check to see if his dogs (he has a few) have had their rabies shots. If they have not, there will be a $200 fine per dog.

Since that little girl witnessed such a horrible thing, I would think they could file for emotional damages. How horrible for her.

It's all very frustrating.

Barbara
Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #3620
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I am so angry that a rotten creep got off with a fine for microwaving a kitten. I saw the headline that this creep was fined for doing this evil deed , I didn't open the news to read about it... it upset me too much to even read the headline. I feel sick. What is wrong with people ??? I don't think I am going to read news anymore... it gets worse and worse.
It is sad how people like doing this!! They actually love it
My husband had a friend that got a new puppy and took it to a field and shot it, just to see what it felt like to shoot an animal
He should have taken the gun away and shot HIM!! Makes me so ill when I see things like this. I cuddle my babies even more. There is a little dog down the road that you can see it's hips and ribs. It's the 2nd one they have had. They're trash, not worth the stuff you step in, but, they won't do anything about him, he just says it's not his dog and we don't have an animal control, so, they leave it!!
I am taking the little thing some food and hope it is okay.