"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #3701
Master Chef

oh, Barbara, you poor thing...I'm just cringing at the thought........I well understand what you did......and where is that guardian angel that yells "Stop, Idiot!!!"????? He's certainly never around when I'm about to do something stupid..........hope you get your typing skills up to par again

Old 10-31-2008, 02:42 AM   #3702
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I still type just as fast. I just say ow a lot. Actually it isn't hurting much anymore. Thanks!

Barbara

Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 AM   #3703
Master Chef

good.........must be that anaesthetic.....hehheh.......jest kidding.......:)
Old 10-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #3704
Master Chef

Here's a new one for me. As much as I love to read, grocery shopping is getting to be a trial. After reading a dozen soup cans (looking for something under 30 gr of carbs for borderline diabetic husband), dog food and shellfish (don't want to buy stuff from China), I thought I'd just grab a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive oil. A "new" (to me) brand was on the shelf. It does say, when you first look, 100% all natural Celli Extra Virgin Olive. I mentioned it to hubby, and he read it. It is soy and sunflower oil with 15% olive oil. Ouch. It isn't going to kill me, but I really think it sould be illegal to place it next to the olive oil.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #3705
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Here's a new one for me. As much as I love to read, grocery shopping is getting to be a trial. After reading a dozen soup cans (looking for something under 30 gr of carbs for borderline diabetic husband), dog food and shellfish (don't want to buy stuff from China), I thought I'd just grab a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive oil. A "new" (to me) brand was on the shelf. It does say, when you first look, 100% all natural Celli Extra Virgin Olive. I mentioned it to hubby, and he read it. It is soy and sunflower oil with 15% olive oil. Ouch. It isn't going to kill me, but I really think it sould be illegal to place it next to the olive oil.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't have a problem with it being to the side of the olive oil (not in the middle of them), but only if it was clear on the front of the label that it was a blend. If it just said olive oil on the front label, or the word "blend" was in tiny print, I would contact the company about their misleading label. I would possibly also return the bottle to the store and get what I really wanted.

Barbara
Old 10-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #3706
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Claire, I'm sorry that you have to watch out for stuff like that but you must be a wonderful wife to care so much and your hubby is lucky........yeah, you are the one who has to watch what goes in your mouths..........I admire you and your perseverence...........
Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 AM   #3707
Master Chef

Yeah, my favorite brand for the buck is a Greek olive oil, Tasso, second favorite is Pompei. This was in the same shape and size bottle and slightly darker green in color, so I have to wonder how much food color is in in, since 85% of the oil is not from olives! Like I said, it won't kill me, it's just oil. I'm just disappointed that it is one more lable that I need a magnifying glass and study!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #3708
Master Chef

yep, the eyesight is the first to go.................
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #3709
Master Chef

I hate Migraine Aura's. Pain and half blind is so much fun!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #3710
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I can't take this!!!!!
Why on EARTH can't the kids find something to do quietly and out of the way while I make dinner????
Is there a reason that I can't just go in there and make dinner without stopping 87 times to break up a fight or put out some sort of fire??? Why is the house relatively clean when I start and torn to shreds even after I make a quick meal???
I swear I am going to cry, its every single freaking day!!!!!!
How the heck am I supposed to be cook and cop at the same time and expect anything decent to come of anything?????