"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #3801
Head Chef

My friend who told me to call him and his family any time, that he will be there for me has ignored my phone messages for a week. I do not know what is wrong. I hope that he is not sick.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #3802
Chef Extraordinaire

any thing could have happened. or if he is just shining you, he is not worth having for a friend, since you can't rely on him.

no vent for me, same old handyman stuff. finally done today and he can move on and mooch off someone else.

i am a bit tired of hot weather, but heck it could be forty below.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #3803
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
being on hold for 20 minutes...so far... and no end in sight....

On the good side... I can search DC while I'm waiting to speak to a "real" person!!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #3804
Certified Cake Maniac

Yes, I have had a lot of that lately. Do you think there is only one "real" person that answers all the calls and that is why it takes so long?

I have nothing to vent, today is a good day and I am learning to not think past that!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 11-20-2008, 12:53 AM   #3805
Chef Extraordinaire

DH and I went to Cost Co today..He decides he wants a hot dog and I just wanted a soda. I was sitting at a table waiting..I hear a racket and all of a sudden two very large boys crashed over the table next to me yelling and shoving ..I tried to get out of their way and one of them hit me on the right side of my body..I didn't go to the ground but ended up on the seat of the table and half way across it.. the person who had brought them said a quick sorry and then made a big deal over the one who knocked me for a loop..The two kids were still scuffeling and yelling at each other and she got into it too. DH and I got the food and put it in the car, went into the store..We spent most of our time dodging the kids and woman who felt she needed to let me know this big strapping boy had skinned his knuckles..He was mentally challenged so I was not about to say anything poor kid was in tears...But that woman needs to take better care of her charges so this kind of thing doesn't happen again..Me, right now I hurt like blazes and my shoulder and arm are starting to turn a beautiful purple..Good night nellie
kadesma
Old 11-20-2008, 01:04 AM   #3806
Master Chef

kadesma, I am so sory to hear about your ordeal. Make sure that you ice the sore areas and take some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and inflammation. People just need to learn some self control and manners.

My turn:

A few weeks ago I sprained my finger or so I thought, now I think I actually broke it. I went to the doctor and have been doing what she told me, but it is still swollen and hurts like the devil. Tonight, I tried wrapping it a different way and it seems to feel better. It is just frustrating that it does not really seem to be showing any improvement.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #3807
Master Chef

it sounds like it's badly sprained.....and that can be very painful..........soak it in some cold water then warm then end with cold......or start with warm but always end with cold............if you can handle them also use ibuprophen or aspirin.........did they xray it to be sure it wasn't broken? it'll be another week before you'll feel better again......hopefully sooner..........
Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #3808
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook View Post
kadesma, I am so sory to hear about your ordeal. Make sure that you ice the sore areas and take some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and inflammation. People just need to learn some self control and manners.

My turn:

A few weeks ago I sprained my finger or so I thought, now I think I actually broke it. I went to the doctor and have been doing what she told me, but it is still swollen and hurts like the devil. Tonight, I tried wrapping it a different way and it seems to feel better. It is just frustrating that it does not really seem to be showing any improvement.
I'll be okay, I just hurt right now, but I know it will get better. I can imagine how your finger hurts..We use our hands so much and as hard as we try to be careful, how can you not bump or hit the finger and make it hurt more..It seems to take forever to heal. Take care SC, it's so nice to hear from you
kades
Old 11-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #3809
Senior Cook

Ok here's a good one....did you ever trip over "nothing" on the carpet and fall on your face?? I did that earlier today and have rug burns on my knees and I think I broke the big toe on my left foot. It's a beautiful shade of purple, just like your shoulder kads. lol It hurts like the dickens. I don't know how I do these things. Well I guess I don't go bowling tonight. What a klutz!

Barb
Old 11-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #3810
Everymom

Holy OUCH! You guys are getting all beat up! Well thats 3 of you that have been injured, maybe that means its all over now.

Heal fast you three and put your feet up and let someone wait on you for a bit.

Closed Thread