"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #3881
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I hope you and your family feel better very soon miniman.

Barbara

Old 12-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #3882
Senior Cook

Wow! I've been gone for a few days and I'm so sorry to hear how many people are getting this flu......I hope you're all on the road to recovery and starting to feel better. Get well texasgirl and miniman and any one else that is feeling under the weather!

Barb

Old 12-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #3883
Master Chef

I hope you all feel better soon miniman!!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #3884
Head Chef

I hope you feel better too Miniman!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #3885
Executive Chef

Thank you for your good wishes. I feel better and coped with work today. DW worked from home. She told me she phoned her team leader at one point but before she could speak, had a coughing fit. The team leader said "Hello Debbie" without her talking at all.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #3886
Sous Chef

This is bad time of year for us, the first without our beloved Sinjin January 14th it will be one year. On top of all this grief our 13 year old who witnessed his little brothers death is having a very hard time, I now have to home school him he is getting counseling but the poor kid is suffering and can sometimes only express it with anger. Sometimes I just want to give up, every day is a trial in itself.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #3887
Sous Chef

I worked 28 hours in the last 2 days, and have 13 on the schedule for today. Ugh I am soooooooo tired. I must take Friday off.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:41 AM   #3888
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by africhef View Post
This is bad time of year for us, the first without our beloved Sinjin January 14th it will be one year. On top of all this grief our 13 year old who witnessed his little brothers death is having a very hard time, I now have to home school him he is getting counseling but the poor kid is suffering and can sometimes only express it with anger. Sometimes I just want to give up, every day is a trial in itself.
I cannot begin to understand what you have gone through this year, but I can pray for you and your 13-year-old. Take some time now and then to cry and remember Sinjin, but don't give up. Your other son needs you. Be strong for him, but don't hide all your tears and feelings--he needs to know that you are feeling the same things he is feeling. Remember we are here any time you need to vent.

Thank you for sharing your website with us.

Barbara
Old 12-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #3889
Chef Extraordinaire

my beautiful tree has been scalped. apparently it belongs to the mobile home park. i had it trimmed by my handyman. in no way was it a problem for anyone. the tree trimmers, butchers, is more like it, whacked it. all the beautiful branches gone. shade value gone. mine was not the only one. what they used as a guide line is really stupid. i am just sick over it and the manager here doesn't seem to care one whit. they cut it yesterday and i am still angry today.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #3890
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by africhef View Post

Prayers being sent to you and your family!

Closed Thread