"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #3921
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Kick them in their butts with that new knee of yours! ( don't hurt yourself though!!!)

Old 12-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #3922
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
YES!!! I vote KICKING!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #3923
Senior Cook

just commiserating with you guys over the packages left outside and crappy workers leaving jobs half-done. been there done that. ((hugs))

if you could say a prayer for my 25-yr old son this afternoon??? He's having oral surgery to remove his wisdom teeth and an abscessed molar (yes, 5 teeth in all) at 2:00 pm Alaska time. Obviously I'm a long way from him and feeling lost that I can't do anything for him. His wife is a RN and will give him excellent care but don'tcha know it isn't like having your momma there.

thanks y'all.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #3924
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
happy thoughts will be sent to him! OUCH!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #3925
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
Stupid vent. lol UPS delivers a package. The garage door is wide open. It's raining cats and dogs. Where does he leave the package?? In front of the front door.............which is right next to the open garage door!!!! It's a good thing we were home to get it right away. GGrrrrrrr

Barb
I know what you mean! Ours likes to leave things on the front steps, right in front of the door. This means, of course, that if I am in the house, to get the package I often have to push it from the top step with the door. Hopefully they will never leave anything fragile there.

Last December James bought me two pairs of shoes for Christmas. UPS left the package on the steps while I was gone. When I came home I found the box and shoes torn up (dogs across the road) and strewn all over the yard.

Our mail carrier knows to leave packages in one of our cars if we aren't here, and the others say they will, but so far they haven't.

Barbara
Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #3926
Traveling Welcome Wagon

On top of really bad kidney stone pain this week (going through Hydrocodone practically like candy), my cellulitis is flaring up again. I am back on two antibiotics and had an antibiotic shot today.

Unrelated to those, and not a vent (it just goes along with the doctor visit), the doctor switched me back to my old blood pressure medicine, since my heart has been racing a lot right after I go to bed.

Pain, pain, go away. Don't come back on any day!

Barbara
Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #3927
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
On top of really bad kidney stone pain this week (going through Hydrocodone practically like candy), my cellulitis is flaring up again. I am back on two antibiotics and had an antibiotic shot today.

Unrelated to those, and not a vent (it just goes along with the doctor visit), the doctor switched me back to my old blood pressure medicine, since my heart has been racing a lot right after I go to bed.

Pain, pain, go away. Don't come back on any day!

Barbara
Barb,
get off your feet or else...Santa is watching I guess I better have a talk with James and see what we can do to get you better...Really sweetie, please take it easy on yourself.
kades
Old 12-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #3928
Master Chef

Rude people, enough said.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #3929
Certified Cake Maniac

Barbara, I agree with Kades. Please rest. Please try to illiminate stress and Please get better soon. I am praying for relief for you.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #3930
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Rude people, enough said.
Hey Stacy, someone rude to you? Want me to box their ears?
kades