"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #3941
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Hey Stacy, someone rude to you? Want me to box their ears?
kades
hehe, nah, just put them on ignore.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #3942
Master Chef

love you guys.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #3943
Head Chef

I am exhausted and am hoping to get some candymaking done tomorrow. I just don't have much motivation this year.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #3944
Chef Extraordinaire

me either, just a tiny glimmer in last few days. i decided i am responsible for how i feel. it is working just ok.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #3945
Certified Cake Maniac

I agree with both of you. Every time I get ready to bake (some of my presents are baking) something happens - a repairman comes, we find that there are bugs in a kitchen cupboard (seriously), or my leg needs rest and ice. It is getting ridculous!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 AM   #3946
Master Chef

I know how you feel........was setting out decorations near my fireplace and noticed dry rot near the edges abutting it.........sick that it might be termites I've just decided to put it on the back burner and not worry about until after the holidays......repairman recommended by a reputable family-owned hardware store called me and we set up a time on Jan. 2 for him to look at it.........I'm having to put my feet up, too, and I'm still waiting for this staph infection to go away though I am on antibiotics......I don't have time to have ailments right now.....:) Despite all that I got into the spirit tonight notwithstanding two rude salesclerks.....my daughter in law was all set to report them and I told her......look....they're tired and probably have hours left on their shifts.....one is in a girdle and wearing high heels and WILL be soaking her feet and the other is probably going to get the flu with people in her face for all these hours......you and I are finished and going out to eat......
Old 12-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #3947
Master Chef

A neighbor's dog was let out at 2 am the other morning, the neighbor could not find her dog . Later that day, the dog was found lying on the church property lawn and someone had dumped him in the dumpster ! I feel bad for the neighbor losing her dog , it seems he had a seizure and died, he apparently had a history of seizures, he was only 6 yrs. old. Anyway, neighbor got the dog back and took him to the vet to be cremated. I'm sad for the neighbor and ticked off at whoever dumped the dog in the dumpster. I am in a mood today because one year ago, my cat Shadow died , here at home. I miss him so much, I miss all my furbabies who have gone on .
Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #3948
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
A neighbor's dog was let out at 2 am the other morning, the neighbor could not find her dog . Later that day, the dog was found lying on the church property lawn and someone had dumped him in the dumpster ! I feel bad for the neighbor losing her dog , it seems he had a seizure and died, he apparently had a history of seizures, he was only 6 yrs. old. Anyway, neighbor got the dog back and took him to the vet to be cremated. I'm sad for the neighbor and ticked off at whoever dumped the dog in the dumpster. I am in a mood today because one year ago, my cat Shadow died , here at home. I miss him so much, I miss all my furbabies who have gone on .
Unfortunately, the person was not an animal person, or they would have just buried it. But, to give them a tiny bit, and very tiny bit of credit. They probably just thought it better to dispose of the body than have kids see it on the way to church. I'm sorry your friend lost her companion though. That is hard!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #3949
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Unfortunately, the person was not an animal person, or they would have just buried it. But, to give them a tiny bit, and very tiny bit of credit. They probably just thought it better to dispose of the body than have kids see it on the way to church. I'm sorry your friend lost her companion though. That is hard!
Maybe , but this happened in the middle of the week. I don't know if the dog had tags on it or not. At least she got the dog back.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #3950
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
Whoever dumped the dog in the dumpster is sick. The police should have been called and the owner of the dog should have been notified. If anyone were to treat my furbabies like that, they would have me to reckon with.