"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #3951
Sous Chef

I can't recharge my cell phone for last two days. Showing 'server busy'.

I have to make calls from land phone. The problem is I have to dial the numbers taking the numbers from phone book (I don't know anyones no because the numbers are stored with name in cell phone). I lost the habit of dialing numbers and each and every time I am dialing a wrong number.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #3952
Master Chef

goodness, I've been in your shoes, radhuni.......this is why I carry a small address book in my purse with all cell contacts ..........it's rather a lonely, scary feeling isn't it? Hope that you can recharge you phone soon.......good luck!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #3953
Certified Cake Maniac

Have any of you seen the movie the Money Pit? Well I guess the one thing we can be thankful for is that all the problems happening are not costing US anything except frustration! We found another leak from what looks like a nail in the sewage drain from the toilet.

Then we were getting windows redone because the seals were broken and they were letting in cold air and fogging inside. The management pays for those and they were being installed today. But they couldn't do the slider window in the livingroom because the frame is sinking and they couldn't get the old window out. So, another project not finished.

I am doing my best to not get stressed out over this anymore, but if there was a chance we could sell the place (who's going to buy it with walls and floors torn out and windows that don't work properly) we would be outta here fast.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #3954
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Laurie, I just left you a message asking if you were enjoying your day...

I guess I know the answer now! I hope it's warmed up and the ice and snow are gone!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #3955
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh, almost forgot. Am finally getting some baking done and a new recipe I am trying, well let's just say they didn't turn out like the picture.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #3956
Certified Cake Maniac

Yes, Trish I just replied to your message directing you here! LOL!! No, Ice, snow and cold are all still here. I am waiting for DH to come home so I can go for a walk and get out of here! Don't want to try it alone, even with boots and cane!

Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #3957
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Make sure he holds on tight! It's dang slippery out there!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #3958
Head Chef

A person who I am paying to help me loves to sit in judgment and make me cry. I wish I could get him to stop with the criticism.

This is always a hard time of year. I miss my dad and I can't bring my mom home anymore--so I can't keep any of the old traditions anymore. I try to make new ones but it just is not quite the same.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #3959
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
A person who I am paying to help me loves to sit in judgment and make me cry. I wish I could get him to stop with the criticism.

This is always a hard time of year. I miss my dad and I can't bring my mom home anymore--so I can't keep any of the old traditions anymore. I try to make new ones but it just is not quite the same.
If you are paying this person to help, you need to find someone else. You do NOT need to put up with that.

I lost my mom 8 years ago last week, and I know how you feel. I am praying for you. Maybe you could buy a few bottles of nicely scented hand lotions and when you go to visit your mom, bring some to some of the other people there (and your mom, of course). It won't change the world, but you will make the world a nicer place for a few people, if only for the moment.

And you can always PM me whenever you want. I have a good strong shoulder and a good "listening ear" (so to speak).

Barbara
Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #3960
Head Chef

Thanks, BarbaraL. I see my mom every day and tomorrow after her doctor's appointment we shall go out to lunch. I will have to bundle her up as it is suppose to snow.