"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #3971
Head Chef

I am so sorry for your loss, Barb. This can be such a hard time of year.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #3972
Master Chef

I'm tired of being blamed for hubby's mistakes and accidents. He knocked over a plastic container of dry yeast ( 1 lb) and it fell and opened all over the floor. Don't you know it's my fault because I didn't use a better container ?

Old 12-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #3973
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I'm tired of being blamed for hubby's mistakes and accidents. He knocked over a plastic container of dry yeast ( 1 lb) and it fell and opened all over the floor. Don't you know it's my fault because I didn't use a better container ?

Yeah, it would have been, why did you leave it there, for me. I know where your coming from. Makes you wanna choke them!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #3974
Chef Extraordinaire

So sorry for your loss Barb...Prayers for all of you and may you have peace soon

kadesma
Old 12-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #3975
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
I'm done! My dh and I went away for a couple days to get away from all the chaos. I come home to find out my great-aunt passed away. She was visiting her younger dd in California and passed away. The wake is here tomorrow night and the funeral is Friday. She was 88 yrs. old and did live a good life. May she rest in peace.

Barb
My condolences, Barb.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #3976
Executive Chef

My prayers are going out to you and your family Barb, may you have nothing but smiles in shared memories of your dear loved one!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:08 AM   #3977
Senior Cook

Thank you everyone!

Barb
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #3978
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
DH is the same everything is my fault even when it has nothing to do with me especially if he's had a bad day at work. He is getting better because I will ask him " so whats really bugging you? " and when he finally tells me he stops being so irritating.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #3979
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
DH is the same everything is my fault even when it has nothing to do with me especially if he's had a bad day at work. He is getting better because I will ask him " so whats really bugging you? " and when he finally tells me he stops being so irritating.
Talking about where the fault lies, jm, I know exactly how you feel----take a nice long brisk walk or a hot bath with a glass of wine and lock the door..really lock the door and turn on some nice music....click your ruby red toenails together and intone deeply.......send him and Toto to Kansas, send him and Toto to Kansas.....

here's another true story that explodes the cranial corpuscles......(at least the few I have left)

I haven't truly volcanoed in awhile until now.... so here goes.......true story printed in the Houston Chronicle this morning.........a judge's daughter (Shelton) was illegally over 3 times the alcohol limit and rammed into a truck about a year ago killing her 21 year old boyfriend..........wrecked her Lexus SUV (yes, let's all chorus....."oh, my, how terrible" wait.... we're feeling sorry for her Lexus not the boyfriend as this lawsuit unfolds.........) She did get a heavy slap on the hand of 4 MONTHS in jail and this is for involuntary manslaughter due to her being 3X over the legal limit of being intoxicated.......now most people would be hopping mad at this point....but no, it gets better.......she is now (it's a year later and the statute of limitations is running out) filing a lawsuit)........get this......AGAINST the truck driver that she hit from BEHIND.....no kidding......poor Schmo had no insurance and she (or her lawyer) are filing for damages against him to collect damages incurred to her Lexus SUV.... Yep, nowhere but here..........
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #3980
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
oh MY $(U%)(I# that just makes me angry!!