"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #391
Sous Chef

AWW texasgirl I hope this all works out- how humiliating for your poor son.Love and energy, Vicki

Old 04-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #392
Master Chef

He has to grow up and learn the real life sometime. I just hate to see it happen and for this woman to take advantage of her status, IF that is what is going on. We'll see. He may have just gotten mad and upset and blown it bigger than it actually was. That tends to happen to the best of us.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #393
Chef Extraordinaire

This isn't eally avent it just a I'm pooped post. Poor mom, is in the hospital, diagnosis, CHF congestive heart failure, sounds worse than it is. But, because after 30 years of not smoking she took it up again about a year ago. This is also causeing her to have a low oxegyn level in her blood. So along with her dementia she is a handful. I took her to the ER at 10p.m. monday night and didn't get back to bed til last nite at 11:30 So I'm pooped. She doesn't know where she is at the hospital, and wants me right at her side or she cries, and I'm hoping once I get her home it will be better. We stay with her taking turns all day and some of the night. I didn't want them to tie her down, so that was my option. Ari finally made my sis feel guilty about not coming to see mom, so they are coming to day. Good for mom, for me thought, more work. but I am NOT cooking tonight they will have to come along as we go eat OUT...I just don't have the go get um to whip up a meal..anywho before this turns into a rant and vent..just wanted to let you know what is going on..I'm just about ready to go to the hospital and visit..Thanks for being here..
hugs,
kadesma
Old 04-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #394
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Go take a long nap! Take care of yourself... I worry about you!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #395
Master Chef

kadesma, you are a saint, I swear. You have dealt with so much. I wish your mom understood everything that you are doing. You are one helluva woman, do you know that?? Now, go do what pds said. Lay down and rest. I'll drink a glass of wine to you tonight!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #396
Master Chef

Okay, ressurecting {sp} this thread.

I have applied to 12 different companies and not ONE PHONE CALL!!!!!!
I am about to start pulling out my hair. I have my resume on Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, Jobcentral.com, Tx Workforce Commission, hotjobs.yahoo.com and Jobs.com
I hate this crap!!!!!!!!! I am getting my sister's Microsoft Office program and teaching myself the Excel and Office. I've seen them, and done a little in the Excel but, it seems as though the people want you to walk in and know everything about the programs, so, I'm going to learn it on my own so that I can update my resume.

Okay, steam out now. LOL
Old 05-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #397
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Okay, ressurecting {sp} this thread.

I have applied to 12 different companies and not ONE PHONE CALL!!!!!!
I am about to start pulling out my hair. I have my resume on Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, Jobcentral.com, Tx Workforce Commission, hotjobs.yahoo.com and Jobs.com
I hate this crap!!!!!!!!! I am getting my sister's Microsoft Office program and teaching myself the Excel and Office. I've seen them, and done a little in the Excel but, it seems as though the people want you to walk in and know everything about the programs, so, I'm going to learn it on my own so that I can update my resume.

Okay, steam out now. LOL
Texas,
I know you are at your wits end, keep learning and do what your doing with the computer program..You are already ahead of the game and when that special job comes along, they are going to grab you up and be thrilled that they did..Hang in there, you can do this I'm praying for you...

kadesma
Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #398
Master Chef

I just don't have patience. LOL, never did. I always want something RIGHT NOW!!
Oh well, I know something will come along. Thanks kadesma!!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #399
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
tg... do you have a temp agancy in town?
I worked through one a few years back... it's wasn't full time or high pay
but it kept me going for awhile. They were also willing to teach me some computer programs.
It was nice going to a new place every day too...
Old 05-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #400
Master Chef

I've worked for temp services too, for 2 years. There is only one that is in this area and that's mainly construction type jobs. I've talked to 2 different ones that are about 30+ miles from me and they don't get many calls for my area. I don't care about the pay right now, so long as I'm not working for gas money. And if it's too far, that's pretty much what I would be doing. I'm not giving up though. I just faxed my resume to another company that doesn't list software as a requirement, just computer skills. So many are wanting your resume emailed and faxed now days. I guess it helps cut down on wasting their time interviewing and wasted paper on people that don't qualify and are just applying. Hopefully, this one will call, it's only about 20 minutes away and in a direction that people are usually going the other way in the mornings :o)