"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #4011
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
This is the hardest part of the Internet for me, texasgirl. Not everyone is who they pretend to be. You meant well, try not to take it personally. Some people figure they'd rather be safe than sorry. As for the rudeness, chalk it up to the stress of the holidays and a bad economy. It is so much easier to take it out on an anonymous person online than one's loved ones. I see it all the time. I don't much like it, either. You just learned something new about those people, that is all.
OMG, I can't believe anyone on DC would be that way sounds like some kind of personal paranoia. Heck you can have my address any day and directions to my house if you want. Sorry you were made to feel this way I can't even imagine who would do such a thing to you of all people. Jeez

Old 12-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #4012
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Okay, to everyone that has responded negative or just didn't respond at all.
I asked for addresses to send cards to people I thought were nice and kind on here, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never felt so hurt as to get 2 pm's from people that I thought about and made ME feel as though I were some sick freak for asking. I apologize and I ASSURE you , I will NEVER ask for your info again.
All that you had to do, was ignore the request or send one saying, thank you, but, I don't feel comfortable sharing that info, and I would have been 100% fine with that response. Rude pms were not needed. So, to the ones that I thought were kind on here and wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas and was made to feel so awful for doing so, I apologize for thinking of you.
You want directions with that too?? Heck, I would be thrilled to get something in the mail or have someone drop in, LOL.
I am sorry someone reacted that way Stacie, but I think it was pretty cool of you to try and do something like this.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #4013
Master Chef

stuck in the snow

hubby would not plow the driveway... he is being ornery and crabby today and refused to plow ... so... I got stuck in the driveway . He's out there now shoveling by the stuck car ... duh... made more work for himself by not plowing in the first place. I don't have a 4WD vehicle . You'd think we get one after living in Pa for 19 yrs. ? I was so out of breath by time I walked back to the house , my heart was painfully pounding, I really thought I was going to drop dead.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #4014
Head Chef

^Oh My! Hope you are ok,now.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #4015
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
hubby would not plow the driveway... he is being ornery and crabby today and refused to plow ... so... I got stuck in the driveway . He's out there now shoveling by the stuck car ... duh... made more work for himself by not plowing in the first place. I don't have a 4WD vehicle . You'd think we get one after living in Pa for 19 yrs. ? I was so out of breath by time I walked back to the house , my heart was painfully pounding, I really thought I was going to drop dead.
He must be having one off day, cause I am sure he knew in the end it would be more work for him!

Reminds me what is going on around here. Before this summer full sized 4x4 SUV's were very popular and everywhere. Then with gas prices everyone started trading them in for compact and sub compact cars. The used car dealerships became crowded with SUV's at cheap prices.
Then it snowed, LOL. Little cars stuck everywhere!! So we go out a couple of days ago and all the used car dealerships have their SUV's up front, prices raised back up, and lines of people in little cars wanting to trade them in to get thier SUV's back, LOL.

Thought you could use the humor in there.....
Old 12-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #4016
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm sorry that happened Stacy. As you said, it would have been enough to just decline, but to be rude was inexcusable. I am very happy to have had you on my Christmas card list the last couple years.

Barbara
Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #4017
Sous Chef

I am going to have to spend 6 hours min in a car on xmas day to spend a max of 4 hours with family (2 different ones too). If I am "lucky" part of this time will coincide with the serving of a dismal buffet so I wont have to eat a sandwich in the car. x-mas eve when traditionally our good meal is served has been all but canceled and I am unable to go anyway because the "dogs make it too stressful" I have never been a big xmas fan but this one is shaping up especially crummy and if it would not make people angry I would just stay put and forget about it alltogether. My day is basically going to be an effort not to put my own grinchy feelings on the rest of the family. I am TRYING to focus on the good stuff but xmas frankly brings out the worst in me. I think next year I might just take off and go somewhere warm or find a pet friendly ski resort.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #4018
Executive Chef

Pancho - it is hard work - I have been there and found things difficult - still do sometimes, other people's way of Christmas is not mine but we do need to put that aside - I try to ensure that others get what they want. I also sympathise about the dogs, we have to be careful where we take ours. I will be thinking of you - put something enjoyable on in the car and make your own party on the way there and back.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #4019
Head Chef

Ever wish you could start your day over and go back to bed and put the covers over your head?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #4020
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Susan... I thought you were having a good day...what happened??