"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #4031
Chef Extraordinaire

Alix,
I'm sorry this has happened..seems people now days don't take things seriously it's collect the pay check and to hell with the rest..There is no feeling of care about the person they are taking care of...I was lucky and did it myself and with my dad hospice bless them helped me..With mom dementia came we kept her here it wasn't bad yet just the continual repeated questions..But one weekend mom was postive she had the flu, which to this day I swear she did..we took her to emergency and a week later my little coffee loving mom was gone..They fixed it so she gave up eating because they put this junk in it to make it like jelly, when they did it to her coffee it was all over, she would not eat,drink or even look us in the eye..that was the hardest week of my life and I still kick myself for not just taking her home when she asked me to...The flu like symptoms left the next day and they put her through so many doctors and tests it wore her little body out..I'll never forgive those doctors,nurses or that miserable hospital for this..Guess I've become a bitter old lady, cuz they nearly did the same to me. So Alix, be firm and let them know right from day one, this is my mom , do not overstep and do anything that will hurt her..If ya do you're gone!!! Wish I could come help you Alix, you can bet meds would be on time and so would her meals..You would smile and not have to worry
kades

Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #4032
Everymom

Oh kadesma, what a horrible thing to happen! I know if it were up to you Mom would have the best care ever! You'd probably have a whale of a time together. She needs someone to perk her up a bit.

I guess part of this is my own frustration at not being able to be there to do all Mom needs done. Its good to hear that you at least had the opportunity and ability to be there for your Dad. I know how hard that must have been. You and your DH are special folk indeed. We need more of you around.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #4033
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Christmas + Kidney Stones = Not much fun.

This round has been nagging at me off and on for a few weeks now. Not the worst pain I have ever had, but so aggravating. I just took another Hydrocodone and am off to take another hot bath. Maybe I can sleep for awhile (especially considering that I was not able to sleep at all last night--not from pain so much--just couldn't sleep).

Barbara
Old 12-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #4034
Master Chef

Awww Barbara. I hope the bath helps. I was hoping that I wouldn't see this thread today. I am sorry you are having pain today!! I hope the rest of your day is better!!
Old 12-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #4035
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Christmas + Kidney Stones = Not much fun.

This round has been nagging at me off and on for a few weeks now. Not the worst pain I have ever had, but so aggravating. I just took another Hydrocodone and am off to take another hot bath. Maybe I can sleep for awhile (especially considering that I was not able to sleep at all last night--not from pain so much--just couldn't sleep).

Barbara
Ouch! That is not fun at all!!!! I hope you get some relief and enjoy the rest of Christmas.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #4036
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks. I'm feeling much better now. This has been very aggravating, since this has been going on for a few weeks. Fortunately the pain is never really severe, but it is bad enough. Actually, in some ways it is worse than short-term intense pain. It has been dragging on so long that I just feel worn out.

Enough complaining! I'm feeling better now, so I am going to take advantage of it and get some dishes washed. I get to talk with my family back in California in about an hour, so I am looking forward to that very much.

Barbara
Old 12-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #4037
Certified Cake Maniac

Glad you are feeling better, Barbara but please take it easy. Don't go doing too much.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #4038
Traveling Welcome Wagon

No danger of that happening! LOL Seriously though, I am not over-doing it, but I need to take advantage of any chance to get at least a little done. I really do appreciate everyone's concern.

Barbara
Old 12-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #4039
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
No danger of that happening! LOL Seriously though, I am not over-doing it, but I need to take advantage of any chance to get at least a little done. I really do appreciate everyone's concern.

Barbara
Barbara,
Please take care, I pray you don't have any more problems and this clears up..It scares the ants out of me just thinking of what happened to me..Take it easy girl and get some help when you can.
cj
Old 12-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #4040
Traveling Welcome Wagon

My problem is that with the depression, taking it easy is about all I do anymore. I went in to wash dishes a couple hours ago. All I got done was clearing the sink out and getting it ready. The "magnetic force" on the computer pulled me back in here and I have yet to wash a dish.

Barbara