"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #4041
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
My problem is that with the depression, taking it easy is about all I do anymore. I went in to wash dishes a couple hours ago. All I got done was clearing the sink out and getting it ready. The "magnetic force" on the computer pulled me back in here and I have yet to wash a dish.

Barbara
It's Christmas and those dishes aren't going anyplace...Enjoy and rest
kades

Old 12-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #4042
Head Chef

My mom has slept practically all day. She has not had dinner and I am worried about her. I visited her for a short while but all she wanted to do is sleep.

I hope that she is ok. I am very worried about her.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #4043
Certified Cake Maniac

I am not going to go into my entire day, but it just involved a lot of people I care about hurting physically or emotionally or both. On top of that my leg is not doing well and I can't get hold of my Dad which is scaring me as he said he would be in all day today. The DH called to say he was coming home and then scared me by calling a few minutes later to say he hadn't gotten very far, leaving me to think he was in an accident - it was just a power outage and he was stuck in traffic.

I feel like I have been crying all day and am now totally worn out.

I know I will be okay, I just need things to start going right again.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #4044
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Tomorrow will be better!!
I know it will but for now..go make yourself a hot cup of tea and sit down and think about some happy stuff... feel better...ok?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #4045
Master Chef

Laurie, I'm sure your dad is fine. Maybe he found something to do and forgot that he told you he was staying in. you need some rest dear heart. Tomorrow will be better!!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #4046
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, PDS and TG. DH came home and gave me tons of hugs. That speaks volumes in my books!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #4047
Traveling Welcome Wagon

The pain is hitting early tonight. I'm just so sick of this. All I can do is take pain pills, take hot baths, use a heating pad until I'm so hot I can't stand it, and cry. I know this bout is almost over because it always gets worse right before the end, but unfortunately the last part sometimes lasts awhile. I feel pretty good most of the day, but lately I have been in agony at night, taking a pill every 4 hours, as many as 5 hot baths a night, and doing my best to get some sleep at night. James and I both have appointments tomorrow with our doctor (regular check-ups). We are both sick with different things. I will probably be back on tonight for awhile, but if it is like last night, I might not. Please say a little prayer for us that we feel better soon (kidney stones for me, over-all achy feeling and bad knees for James). I can't stand it right now.

Barbara
Old 12-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #4048
Master Chef

I feel for you Barbara. My 6' + nephew would hit the floor in severe pain from those. They are nasty little buggers!! I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #4049
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
please feel better!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #4050
Executive Chef

I'm so sorry to hear that Laurie, Barbara and James are feeling so bad tonight. I hope you find relief before bedtime so you can get some sleep.