"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #4051
Certified Cake Maniac

Barbara, as you already know I can relate to your pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

I just heard from my Dad. He wasn't well and went to the doctor. It took a lot longer than expected but he got some stronger anti-biotics for his chest cough and the doctor adjusted his blood pressure medications so can lower it without the side affects he has been having. I am so relieved...still on guard, but relieved that he is getting help.

But Christmas with my family is up in the air again because my sister has cooked the turkey, frozen the dark meat for us as she hates it and is eating all the white meat in sandwiches for work. Plus she is taking Dad out on New Year's Day for dinner so will not be coming Sunday for the family Christmas dinner (DH works New Year's Day and she new that).

But, I am trying to stay positive and calm. I don't need to have an ulcer like my poor DH. Though he just found out from a site that McDonald's food (minus the drinks and condiments) is okay because it contains 0 fibre! LOL!!!!!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #4052
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm sorry your dad is sick Laurie, but I am glad you finally heard from him. I'm glad your husband is home, safe and sound.

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone. I really hate to come on here and whine, but I know that some of you really understand what I am going through, and that helps. I am feeling a little better after my bath.

You all mean so much to me. I would like to wrap you all up in a big hug right now.

Barbara

Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #4053
Head Chef

To all of my DC friends who are suffering tonight, be it physically, emotionally or both, I am adding my positive, healing warmth and energies to all of the others who are supporting you.

Feel better soon, Barbara L, James, PieSusan, Laurie and anyone else who is down tonight.

Lee
Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #4054
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
small vent..tiny tiny in fact... it's more of a question???? Why can't people be on time?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #4055
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
small vent..tiny tiny in fact... it's more of a question???? Why can't people be on time?
They are lazy and have no cares for anyone but themselves...They need to be taught a hard lesson..OOOOOps sorry dinner was at 8 would you like a pbj sandwich?
kades
Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #4056
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Unfortunately James cannot be on time for anything. I read something about people with ADD, and it said that they have unrealistic ideas about time. I think James honestly thinks he can get up, eat breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed all in 10 minutes. I have had to resort to telling him we have to be places earlier, but I can't do that all the time. I do it when something is really important. Time is just not important to James, he thinks the world is too wrapped up in time. It drives me totally crazy!

Barbara
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #4057
Head Chef

I am one of those people who hate being late, too. I was even born early. lol
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #4058
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Unfortunately James cannot be on time for anything. I read something about people with ADD, and it said that they have unrealistic ideas about time. I think James honestly thinks he can get up, eat breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed all in 10 minutes. I have had to resort to telling him we have to be places earlier, but I can't do that all the time. I do it when something is really important. Time is just not important to James, he thinks the world is too wrapped up in time. It drives me totally crazy!

Barbara
My DW is a bit like that except it is on how much she can fit into a day. She starts off with this list of things that she is going to do, which is way too long and doesn't allow for time lapses or things going wrong and then gets really upset because she hasn't done it all.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #4059
Certified Cake Maniac

I was taught that if you arrived anywhere fifteen minutes early then you were right on time. My DH thinks that if you arrive anywhere fifteen minutes late you are doing well. It is something we struggle with ALL the time. He just doesn't have a sense of time at all. Me? I have time-related OCD!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #4060
Executive Chef

I'm with you on that Laurie. I have to leave early to go anywhere. I'll be there with coat on, keys in hand ready to go and my beautiful. loveley wife will go and get another cup of coffee to drink before she goes and then having checked we have got everything will sit doen going through her bag and start looking for keys, ID badges or whatever else she needs.