"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #4091
Head Chef

It is awful to feel invisible kadesma. I hate being disrespected or feared because I went to law school. I sometimes am given a difficult time by the medical community just because they fear legal repercussions when that is the last thing that I would want to do. If they would just do their job.....sigh.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #4092
Senior Cook

(((kadesma))) oooh, I hate that when they talk around you - that's just plain disrespect. I hope you get them straightened out soon.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #4093
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
It is awful to feel invisible kadesma. I hate being disrespected or feared because I went to law school. I sometimes am given a difficult time by the medical community just because they fear legal repercussions when that is the last thing that I would want to do. If they would just do their job.....sigh.
We just have to stand up and say enough Susan..It really gets old having this happen over and over...But I realize I'm allowing it, no more...
kadesma
Old 01-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #4094
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobagirl View Post
(((kadesma))) oooh, I hate that when they talk around you - that's just plain disrespect. I hope you get them straightened out soon.
I know and it hurts my feelings..Well I'm all finished being a door mat and next visit, I will speak up if it starts to happen again..Dh has been told to stand back or stay home so we will see what happens now. Thanks for your support
kadesma
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #4095
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I know and it hurts my feelings..Well I'm all finished being a door mat and next visit, I will speak up if it starts to happen again..Dh has been told to stand back or stay home so we will see what happens now. Thanks for your support
kadesma
CJ, I really feel your pain. When you have a chronic medical condition, it seems like there are a whole bunch of strangers that feel like they own you and make all the decisions for you and you have no say anymore. It sucks! The terrible thing is that you have no real alternatives - you need the treatment they provide to live! And I'm with you on Social Workers. They are good for when there is a need but I hate it when they are just part of the "team" and you are treated like a freak if you don't want/need thier services. Don't they ever stop and think that if it weren't for you, there would be no team? Sorry for ranting but having an illness is hard enough without the very people you are paying to help you making it even harder. Anyway, a big hug to you, girlfriend.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #4096
Head Chef

My medication that is suppose to make me feel better gives me heartburn. (lol--but it really isn't funny)
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #4097
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Ever feel as if you don't count? Like you here to do what the dialysis center wants, when they want it? They make me so angry..They don't keep track of injections then call and expect you to just waltz in and get it from them. doesn't matter if you have company coming or are watching your babies pr planning a trip out to lunch, just drop it and get there like it's your fault they goofed..Right this miute I could blow the roof off the house..I know they are there to help keep me alive, but darn it please respect the fact that I need to know what and when and I do have a life outside the center. Sorry had to write this down or just explode with anger...I'm sick of trying to keep track of things that you'd expect the center to keep track of.
kades
Can't you get your shots etc on a regular schedule like every Monday or something?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #4098
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
My medication that is suppose to make me feel better gives me heartburn. (lol--but it really isn't funny)
Try some OTC Prilosec, or one of the many ones they have out there, they will be a little lower in strength but will help you. I'd check with my 'doc and see what one he'd rather you take..
all work about the same.
kades
Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #4099
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
CJ, I really feel your pain. When you have a chronic medical condition, it seems like there are a whole bunch of strangers that feel like they own you and make all the decisions for you and you have no say anymore. It sucks! The terrible thing is that you have no real alternatives - you need the treatment they provide to live! And I'm with you on Social Workers. They are good for when there is a need but I hate it when they are just part of the "team" and you are treated like a freak if you don't want/need thier services. Don't they ever stop and think that if it weren't for you, there would be no team? Sorry for ranting but having an illness is hard enough without the very people you are paying to help you making it even harder. Anyway, a big hug to you, girlfriend.
Thanks
terry,
dh and I are always at loggerheads over the gang at the center..I was brought up believing that if you are paid to do something you do it at your best, if you can't or won't you should be bounced out the dorr..You take pride in your work...Not just collect the pay check and run
kades
Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #4100
Head Chef

I woke up extra early and put my kitties in a carrier to wait for my freezer and Sears never came. I called and they told me that they cancelled the delivery because the freezer handle was damaged but never bothered to call me to tell me--isn't that nice?!!

So, now it shall arrive on Sunday. I will be called on Saturday to be told when to expect it. Grrrrrrr I should not have had to call--I should have been called. And now, I have another day in which I shall be inconvenienced.

It was still dark when I got up!